Victoria Regent Hotel
Hotel Rialto(Victoria)
  • Breakfast included
The Fairmont Empress(Victoria)
1,543 results
All reviewswaterfront suitegreat locationfull kitchenwharf streetcomplimentary breakfastlarge living roombreakfast roomcity viewinner harborwithin walking distanceone bedroom suitethe penthouseunderground parkingwater viewparliament buildingbeds were very comfortablewonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We selected The Victoria Regent for a quick visit to the Inner Harbour. We had an extended stay in the Hong Kong Regent some years ago... the similarities begin and end with the name...The photos of the Victoria Regent on the website are so deceiving. There is no bar or anywhere to sit and enjoy the view shown on the website. That beautiful room shown on the website is not available to the public. Guests can only enjoy the view of the harbor while eating breakfast;(

And then there is the traffic on Wharf Street. The only worse hotel traffic noise is in Grand Case on the island of St. Martin...

Oh so very disappointing. Not worth the $$$

Room Tip: If you really have to stay here - fork out the extra hundreds and stay on the water side.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sweep5002
earlwilde, General Manager at Victoria Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Victoria Regent Hotel. First, let me say that we do not claim to have any affiliation with the Regent chain. Our website has a picture of our Deluxe hotel rooms and an accompanying description. The picture shows a city skyline view and the description clearly states that the view is of the city, not the harbour. In no way are we attempting to deceive the people making reservations.

Our rooms and suites are priced according to size and view. Yes, the waterfont suites are more expensive but the difference in price is certainly not "hundreds". We do not claim to have a bar overlooking the water and we do not restrict our guests' access to the public areas. The breakfast room is the only public area and it overlooks the harbour.

If you choose to stay in Victoria in the future, please contact me and I will do my best to upgrade you to harbour view accommodation.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We completed our 2 week grand cruise adventure throughout Alaska and Canada and this was a great tranquil retreat for a final ending. What a great surprise! It was an incredible place to rest, recover and regenerate with a huge picturesque window view of a thriving island city which made the large screen tv totally unnecessary. Great location to everything as it is all walkable. The beds outranked our personal favorite, The Westin. We found the staff exceptional and very accommodating. We would (and have) recommended this hotel to others and plan on returning to Victoria with family since the rooms are huge in a beautiful city!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mjw179

Thank you so much for your kind comments and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Victoria and at the Victoria Regent Hotel. Your comments about the comfort of our beds and our exceptional staff are much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My wife and I are currently staying at this hotel and have found the bed to be uninhabitable. Concreate for a mattress and bricks for a pillow. We would switch rooms but the hotel staff has said that they are all full for the night, with a one night penalty If we were to leave without giving 3 days notice. The location of the hotel is ideal but without the ability of getting a good night's sleep this has not been a very good experience. The Delta Hotel is similar in price and good location. I would urge anyone wanting to visit Victoria to avoid this hotel all together and look at the Delta as a reputable alternative.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

I was completely surprised to read your review regarding the comfort of our beds and pillows. I would ask Trip Advisor readers to refer to other reviews, especially those posted on April 23 and 24 of this year, wherein our guests have raved about the comfort of the beds and pillows. We have shipped these pillows to former guests across the country and abroad. We would never insist on 3 days notice if someone wanted to check out early. We do have a one day cancellation penalty, but I am waiving that and have asked my staff to contact you in order that you may check out without penalty.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on the Canada Day long weekend, and I'm very happy to say the experience was excellent. Don't let the dated exterior fool you, the interior has been fully updated and the room we had (water view) was fantastic, The suite was very roomy and comfortable. The breakfast every morning had a wide variety of items to choose from and all the staff were quite friendly. The only draw back was the lack of air conditioning, however, was not really needed as with the cool ocean breeze cooled our room quite nicely. Would I return to this hotel? YES!

Room Tip: Choose the water view suite for the extra $ well worth it
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I chose this hotel because we were arriving in Victoria by ferry, with a car--for only a one night stay. I needed a hotel with free parking and a great location so we would not waste time getting to the main attractions. Also part of the equation was our teenage daughter- we hoped to find a suite type hotel on the inner harbor, so we all had our own space (and TV). What I found in my search was that most of the well located hotels required you to reserve two rooms to get a suite. At the Victoria Regent, we got the suite at a one room price.

We could not have been happier with our choice. The location is superb-an easy drive from the ferry & free underground parking. Once you have stashed the car, it is an elevator ride up to the lobby with your bags. You can forget about your car if you plan to stay in town- everything is within walking distance. Great shopping, Chinatown, restaurants, the inner harbor.

The one bedroom suite we booked was huge! Living room with pull out sofabed, lounging chairs, TV, table, and huge vistas out to the harbor and the town. Plus a separate bedroom and a very large complete kitchen. At this point in our trip, it was great to have the extra space to enjoy. Everything was clean and comfortable. Front desk could not have been nicer about helping with directions, restaurant recommendations.

Finally, the complimentary breakfast served in the morning was very generous- better than average, with fresh fruit, delicious breakfast breads, cereals, yogurt, granola--and comfortable seating.

I rate the Victoria Regent highly for location and value. You do not need to sacrifice quality and cleanliness to get a great deal here, and you will also find space and comfort if travelling as a family.

Room Tip: Reserve a harbor view for beautiful day and night time views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family