Island Travel Inn
Hotel Rialto(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$137
  • Restaurant
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$151
$141
$184
$70
$220
$211
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$159
Hotels.com
Embassy Inn(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$124
$115
Orbitz.com
Days Inn Victoria Uptown(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$93
Hotel Zed(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$135
$95
Hotels.com
$168
getaroom.com
All reviewswhite spotplace to sleepfridgevancouverferry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Appliances = outdated
Furniture = old
Bed = old & not comfortable
Room = smell not pleasing AND we're sharing it MICE
Location = very good (near Chinatown, Restaurants, bus stop, Victoria harbor)
Staff = good service
Price = ok

We booked for two nights, since we read some good reviews, good location, & budget friendly, we give it a try...we're disappointed, we'll not stay again & recommend. I reported the mice to the staff at front desk & he immediately gave us a new room. I learned my lesson, I would rather pay extra for a lodging next time as long as my family will be comfortable, safe, & have good experience.

Room Tip: If you're staying for a week or more, book only for one or two nights then if you decided or not happy with you're stay, look for other place. At least you'll not get charge or fined for late cancellation. Particularly if you're new to the area, you can look around & peak at the place before making decision.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Trevor P, General Manager at Island Travel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I am really sorry about your negitive view on our hotel. We would like to offer you a discounted rate upon your next visit to Victoria. We have gone under new management and have hired a company to deal with the mice issue. Victoria is over run with mice just like any other large town.. Thank you again for your review it helps up know where we need to improve.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We were concerned after reading reviews, but a cousin had stayed here and said tho dated it was clean. this is a motel that is dated, and does need some repairs to the balcony, but we found things to be clean and reasonable, remember you are not going to a 5 star hotel.. We did mention a couple of problems, about a lamp and radio alarm clock not working and they were fixed the same day - we were impressed. You are a 10 minute walk to the Harbour. there is a White Spot kitty corner that you get 10% off by staying here. And the price is reasonable 79.00 for a King Bed Room. Would I stay again? If budget was my concern, Yes I would.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank VWBug_PR
Reviewed June 26, 2012

having stayed here 4 0r 5 times before, I thought I was safe. NOT.

this place in or out of recievership, is "rough" to be kind.

had I not been in a hurry I would have moved to another place.
dirty carpets, soiled bedding, stained comforter,no remote for TV, shower blasted water to the ceiling and beyond, blood on the wall in bathroom, pressure washer going ALL day Saturday.

do yourself and family a favour, move on from this dive.

Room Tip: stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank montigny007

Hi just reading through reviews and our review came to my attention as it was not very good. I would like to invite you back to stay at our hotel again on your next visit and see how was have changed. We are under new Management and all new staff. We had a past manager that allowed in everyone and everyone. We now are very strict on our customers. Thank you for taking your time and bringing your issues forward helps me as the new manager improve in these areas

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I did not read trip advisor before I booked this hotel through Expedia for its location and price. My wife then checked the negative comments before I checked in and complained my booking of a cheap hotel. We arrived in the hotel without high expectation, but I enjoyed the stay. Though I have to agree with those negative comments (the building is old, when a big truck passes by, you can feel the building shaking, it can be a little bit noisy as Douglas is one of the busiest street), but overall the place is safe, clean and tidy, the location is very convenient, it is a nice place to stay with such a good price and free parking.

Room Tip: I will suggest you asking for a room on a second or third floor instead of first floor, the rooms in the first floor may smell smoking.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012

a little bit noisy at night cause it is near the road. Over all, it is a nice place to stay with such a good price and convenient position.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com