Accent Inn Victoria
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
$235
$260
$245
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsbin burgerfront deskcontinental breakfastburger loungepancake machinemayfair mallmain roadyogurthard boiled eggsroad noiseshuttle busrooms are cleantwo queen bedscleaning staffwould stay here againclose to downtownair conditioner
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We booked two rooms for one night online directly with the hotel but, when we arrived they had us down for one room for two nights. The desk clerk did not believe me until I showed the her our confirmation and she then noticed that we were pre-paid for the two rooms. Luckily she found us another room but it was unfortunate that no apology was made for the mix-up at all! An apology would have gone a long way to make up for their mistake.
The hotel was under renovation (stripped to the studs) in the lobby but, that did not affect our stay. In fact we were the first to enjoy the newly renovated breakfast room which was well laid out and seemed spacious enough at the time we were there. The included breakfast had lots of variety and was good quality.
We found the rooms to be clean and the beds comfortable. The road noise did not bother us with the fan in the room on.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back away from the busy road.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tanya M
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Found this hotel online via Hotel.com and it was a booking nightmare. After getting error message after error message regarding my credit card I got a confirmed booking for the WRONG night and it was non-refundable .. what just happened?? I couldn't accept that; I never put in the wrong date when booking. It occurred due to the glitchy webpage is all I can conclude. I called the hotel within 1 min of making the booking and asked for the correct date which happened to be the same night of the day I was making the booking. They apologized but couldn't help me because I made the reservation through an on-line company so they passed me off to Hotels.com. Hotels.com went to my defence and got my money back after negotiating with the hotel directly, but the condition was that I needed to book the junior suite and another $44CDN would be charged to my card.. Apparently the standard room was no longer available.They had me..of course I had to agree or lose the $125. This really ticked me off.

We normally book in advance but this was a same day booking because we had a grandson that had to have some emergency surgery and we wanted to be in Victoria when it happened so we basically just slept there and had breakfast before going back to the hospital.

So now the main reason I am writing this negative review....Breakfast! A huge disappointment. We got to the breakfast room at 9 am. Lots of folks came in after us yet many of the breakfast items were not available. There wasn't an attendant available for about 1/2 hour and I really wanted a hard boiled egg but settle for a yogurt. Among others waiting around there was a young family with two beautiful little girls patiently waiting for someone to refill the pancake machine. Yes the breakfast room has a very cool pancake machine, not waffle, but pancake machine! And one of the little girls, the older of the two, about 4 years old, wanted pancakes. Finally a server came into the depleted breakfast room and when asked she informed the young family that she wouldn't be reloading the pancake machine. Apparently it was now too close to the end of the breakfast period. It was sad to watch the little girl cry. This isn't how you build a reputation as a new hotel chain...

Oh yes ...Check in was good and friendly, room was clean, mattress was low quality, the noise the showers make is unacceptably loud. Especially when your neighbour is showering at midnight.

Room Tip: This is standard hotel we had a junior suite and that didn't help make our stay that comfortable. Pick the lowest price my guess is all the beds are the same quality and the hotel is set away from traffic , the only night time noise is the loud noise from people showering.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Must say that having stayed in many hotels over the years and Accent Inn being one of the best. Untill now not only were my reservations cancelled a day before I was set to arrive. When asked why the manager Johnathen rudly stated that I was wrong and even tho my email confimed my point he was still rude and to be honest was just a plain jerk. I will never ever retern to this hotel and I wont ever recommend it to anyone the managet needs a lesson in manners and proper etiquette.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 4, 2014

First visit to Canada, and to be precise, first stay in a motel (inn) too. Most times stayed in hotels.
With Accent Inn, staff very helpful. Rooms are typical, large and clean, mine was with 2 queen beds, for a single occupancy though. (Reminds me of the movies where they show motels).
Bathroom etc. neat and clean.

Location ok. Bus-stop close by, and across the road, the shopping amenities are close by too, 5mins walk.

Breakfast included, but okish, after 2 days, it starts to get repetitive. (well what can you say, its not a posh-nosh hotel and neither the prices).
The beds are very very comfy. Full air-con always on, its perfect. When I landed, it was a perfect sunny week with highs of 28C.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Purav S
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We found this gem of a hotel and are so happy we did. Our biggest consideration in finding a place was that it had to be affordable and one that would allow us to bring our big dog with us. There are lots of places that will take your small one but not so many who want your big one in their room. Well, here they lived up to their advertising about welcoming us and our big dog. There's lots of green space around the hotel too which makes walking the dog a breeze.
The room was definitely clean and the beds were super comfy with really nice linens.
We were so very pleased and will definitely look forward to staying at another Accent Inn again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple