WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Victoria
Portland, Oregon
“Happily surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed for a night in Victoria before heading north. The rate was good and the reviews were encouraging. We had a car so its being out of downtown Vic wasn't an issue. I was very pleased by the overall quality of the Accent Inn.

Its external design is from the 80s but the facade has been recently updated. Our room was far better than I expected. It had obviously been renovated fairly recently. The bathroom is excellent with good water pressure, lighting, plush(isn) towels, soaps, and other toiletries. The shower head is variable in spray and high enough so tall people (like us) don't have to stoop to wash our hair. Lots of towels, tissues, extras, nicely organized. The room smelled clean, fresh, & neutral - no air fresheners or artificial scents. Like my home

The beds are outstanding - very, very comfortable with lots of good pillows. The bedspreads aren't slippery, cheap polyester hide-all-manner-of-sins-in-an abstract pattern and appeared and smelled very clean. Bed linens were crisp, clean, and ample. The TV is flat screen with many channels (not that I much care) and the internet is fast and strong (I do care about this.)

There is a coffee maker and a small refrigerator, which I always appreciate. The carpet is clean; the furniture comfortable, and convenient, the wall decorations are much better than average, as if a human with an eye for color chose the prints.

The continental breakfast was varied and good - bagels, breads & pastries from a decent source. Nothing in cellophane wrappers. Real orange juice. Several yogurts. Cereal, I think, wasn't much interested. Fresh oranges, apples. Coffee, tea.

There's a lovely patio seating area on the second floor. Didn't use in the rain but in the summer it would be a great place to relax in the sun with a cup of coffee.

This Accent Inn was better than advertised. Extremely comfortable, very clean, very well appointed. I'd stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank k8bemis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have stayed here several times and have never had a bad experience (although somehow a little spider crept into my room this time and I had to use the ironing board to squish him on the ceiling...sorry cleaners!) I did miss the restaurant next door which burned down but the hotel has arranged a discount for guests with a couple of nearby family style restaurants...nice touch. Unfortunately, I had to be up Island by mid morning so missed the continental breakfast provided by the hotel. Maybe it could start at 6:30 instead of 7:00 for early birds like me? The one thing that struck me this time were the little touches of humor in the hotel material like the little stand up sign that says something like "Who did the packing?" and advises that toothbrushes, etc. are available at the front counter. Cute. As usual, the room was clean, the bed was comfy and the fridge appreciated. This place does a really good job of being what it is...a pleasant place where travelers can relax comfortably after a day on the road or pursuing the many pleasures of Victoria.

Room Tip: The front rooms face onto a busy street but with the windows closed, you really can't hear the t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Klahanie
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed @ the Accent while in Victoria for this event and visiting with local friends. While not as central as other hotels I used in the past, it lived up to its image as a clean, comfortable and friendly establishment. The kitchenette is small but I found everything I needed and all appliances worked well. They were very bicycle friendly, going so far as to leave me rags to clean my bike which I was able to store in my room. All the staff, including the cleaning, maintenance and front desk employees were helpful and courteous. Chris, the Manager, came out to chat and gave me directions to the Galloping Goose trail which is only two blocks away. Overall, the Accent is a good value that I would recommend to others.

Room Tip: I stayed on the back side which is likely a bit quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Rob C
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Nice little hotel located near Mayfair Mall, so about a 5 minute drive to downtown Victoria. I stayed there for work and it was comfortable and affordable. Check in was smooth, service was good, location was convenient, room was ok (nothing special, but not bad either - what you'd expect from a property like this). Nice to have free parking and free internet (which actually worked!). I usually try to stay at Choice/Quality hotels because of their points, but for some reason the price at Accent was considerably cheaper the week I was there, so tried it. If you collect Save-On More points (from Save-On foods), they give you 200 points per night for staying, which is a nice little bonus. There are a lot of tired, old hotels in Victoria. Luckily this was not one of them!

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel is nice & quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank BillieLea
Canmore, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and we were very comfortable although we didn't spend too much time in the room. Since its on Blanchard Street which is very busy and noisy, my husband suggested to get a room on the backside which we were able to do. It was quiet.
The room had a kitchen and nice sitting area. The bed was comfortable and clean.
The front desk staff were courteous.

The location was great for us and just 5 minute drive into downtown Victoria.

We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Laura C
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have stayed at this location before and found it to be very good in everything that they offer. This time when I stayed, I booked thru a reservation desk. I had reserved one room with two queen beds for three people and when I had arrived I was told that they had not received that reservation. My third party ended up having to pay for a single room himself. This does not reflect on Accent Inn as they didn't take the reservation. The name of the company that took my reservation is Reservation Desk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Allan A
Mooloolaba, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

When we booked we didn't realise it was so far out of town with poor transport, although we did have a shuttle on 2 occasions. It would be OK if you had your own transport Unfortunately the hotel restaurant had burned down and the choice of restaurants nearby was very poor. Breakfast was very disappointing as you had to collect your continental breakfast and carry it to your room as it was served in one of the hotel rooms with no seating.
In its favour were friendly and helpful staff, a large reasonably quiet room with comfortable beds so that we were able to have a good nights sleep.
Would stay again if we had our own transport

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple