“comfort at a great price”

Accent Inn Victoria
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Easy check in, great location across the street from Mayfair Mall and short drive to downtown. The room faced a busy street but noise was not an issue especially as traffic diminished in the evening. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. We turned on the heater which was quiet and worked well. We ate breakfast at the ABC restaurant attached to the hotel, which is convenient. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the property would probably be quieter overall as it faces the back of condo un...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My mother-in-law booked the Accent Inn as she wanted to bring her small dog and it allows pets. It was a surprisingly good price for Victoria; I checked Trip Advisor and saw overall rating was good. When we arrived, the room appeared clean at first glance. First thing I do at a motel is pull blankets back and check sheets. Was really disappointed to see 2 longer head hairs and a little grit on the sheet. We requested another room. The replacement room beds were clean but there were several hairs on the bathroom floor. Disappointing, as room was otherwise reasonably comfortable and desk staff pleasant. Liked ABC Restaurant staff - patient and helpful with my aging in-laws. I don't mind basic, but a motel isn't a good value if it isn't totally clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denise P
AccentInns, General Manager at Accent Inn Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Denise P,
As you noted cleanliness is very important to us and we agree that every customer deserves a very clean room. As you also noted our ratings for cleanliness are excellent so your review really jumps to our attention. Our sincere apologies for the unfortunate errors and rest assured this review will be discussed by our team here at the hotel. All we can ask is that you allow us another chance to serve you on a future trip

Chris Knight

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My room was spotless, everything looked to be new. The last room I had was with a kitchen so thought this room would have but no matter, they gave me a set of cutlery and a bowl and so with the mini fridge I was able to have breakfast in my room.

They make fresh cookies sometimes so got one of those at check in.

There is good access to a running path - did not use this time around. The area is not very residential though....but if you go around the supper hour there are others using the path as well.

Room Tip: The one thing I would say it that staying in the rooms on the back side you will find it much quiete...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 1,508
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Room was clean and comfortable. Very friendly desk staff. Have stayed here before and would return, great value for the money. The one negative aspect is the ABC Restaurant which is not run by the Hotel. Very slow and understaffed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Duckie2012
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have explored a number of places of the world before my retirement. Hotel Accent Inn Victoria was one of them, where I went for a business trip with my friends. Our 4 days stay at this place was really comfortable. The hotel is very central, clean and here you get a chance to enjoy quality services at affordable prices. Amazing staff and awesome food have added value to this place. It is certainly a recommendable place and I will come here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cynthia D

Dear Cynthia D,

Thank you so much for writing this review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. It's fantastic to have some one as far away as Belguim stay with us.

Chris Knight

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here on business many times. The front desk is great, very efficient, friendly and helpful. The rooms are good but this is a basic hotel/mote. I get the same room every time if it's available. The facility is probably 15-20 years old and has had a bit of a facelift in the past couple of years (new carpets, better free wifi, TV's and paint) I'd say it's close to needing something more. The bathrooms are OK but just OK they could stand to be upgraded. The restaurant is now an ABC so that is OK but not Great! Overall I stay there because of the location, good service, big parking lot and I know what to expect. Great for business but if I was to stay in Victoria for fun I probably opt for something "classier" and closer to downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor and on the back side away from the road noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed two nights. Rooms are comfortable enough and the beds are good. Location is not too far from downtown and you have te we uptown area for shopping. Room was serviced with a nice reminder to wind our watches forward for daylight saving

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends