“Excellent Value”

Accent Inn Victoria
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Very clean and comfortable and an easy location to get to from the ferry and also travel into the city. I could not find a better rate for the level of rooms they offer. There are several restaurants within easy walking distance too.

3  Thank Ward R

Reviewed January 19, 2013

On one of my business trips I stayed here. The accent inn was a nice place indeed. the staff were one of the best I remember. The rooms were good and the food of the restaurant near to the hotel was tasty...

I would sure stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Hyginus F
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised when I stayed here earlier this week. This motel has been recently renovated, and while it's still budget accommodation, the room was clean and comfortable, the bed was comfy, and the decor quite tasteful. It didn't have that "motel smell" that is so prevalent elsewhere. My German Shepherd dog was made welcome. My partner had forgotten to bring a razor, so the front desk supplied him with one free of charge. The heater was a bit noisy, but it was efficient, and since the night was cold, we didn't mind too much (the noise isn't continuous). All in all, a very pleasant stay. I would feel safe staying here alone. The free parking was close to our room. The front desk staff were very pleasant, and we had a discount for the adjoining ABC Country restaurant, where we had a very tasty breakfast (the eggs benedict were as good as in fancier restaurants I've been to) and were well-served. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back of the building, away from the main street.
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed here during my recent visit to Victoria, and chose this hotel for the great rate ($76 tax in) for two queen beds for my friend and I. The staff were very friendly, the hotel was clean, and the beds very comfortable. My only complaint is that I could hear my neighbors ENTIRE CONVERSATION. I mean, EVERYTHING, as if I was in the same room. They stayed up until 12:30 - and therefore so did I. Not good when you have to be up and at it early! It's like whoever built the hotel didn't insulate the walls AT ALL. I kept my TV on to try and drown it out - but even that didn't really help. A great rate, and a great location, but I don't think I would stay here again unless I was able to ensure there was no one on either side of me, as I got NO SLEEP! The on site ABC Restaurant had great service and a great meal. Would I stay again? Probably not unfortunately as it had so many good things going for it, I think I would try my luck somewhere else.

1  Thank lfjoliver
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Accent Inn Victoria is well-located to get to Saanich, Colwood-Metchosin, UVic as well as Downtown. It is very well maintained and well constructed - cement floors, meaning well sound-proofed. While it is not a luxury property, they do a lot of little things right. They seem to anticipate and follow-through on taking care of guest needs. All at affordable rates.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The staff at the front desk are friendly and efficient -- the chocolate chip cookie upon arrival was a delicious greeting!
The revamping of the exterior really sparkles and screams clean. And finally a hotel that gives 4 great pillows and two super comfortable mattresses.
The only recommendation I have is that the room attendants take an extra 10 minutes to attend to a final check of the room. For example, all lights and a working tv remote and loose debris missed by the vacuum.
Overall, I recommend the Accent Inn without hesitation.

Room Tip: Be sure to get the front desk to give specific directions on getting to your room. The discount cou...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
AccentInns, General Manager at Accent Inn Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Lionel,
Thanks so much for the wonderful remark, “your first choice”. Our apologies that a few items did not get checked during your stay. We do have procedures in place to catch that but obviously a mistake occurred and we’re sorry for that. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I recently stayed at the Accent Inn Victoria property over the Thanksgiving weekend and found it to be everything that I needed during my stay. The hotel itself is in good condition and my room (king non-smoking) I had a fridge, microwave and flat screen TV. I personally am not a fan of comforters and have become accustomed to triple sheeting across all levels of hotel brands however the room was very clean and lovely non-the-less. The staff at the hotel was AMAZING. The hotel is a bit of a ways out of the downtown core but they offer a shuttle which is perfect and the hotel staff were able to reserve us seats on the 7am shuttle to make it to the marathon on time. (a cab is about 15$). After the race we were super sore but had to make it to the express bus to Swartz Bay to catch our Ferry and the hotel staff arranged a later shuttle just for us to have a ride to get to our bus stop which was only about 4 blocks! Such sweethearts! I would stay again for sure!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends