All reviews bin burger burger lounge continental breakfast rubber duck mayfair mall main road yogurt boiled eggs clean rooms shuttle bus two queen beds cleaning staff would stay here again close to downtown air conditioner third floor coffee maker
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed at the Accent Inn for two nights on a visit to Victoria. We came over on the Anacortes ferry and finding the Inn was easy. It was a bit further out of the main area than we expected, however. It's not a walkable distance to the downtown core, but they do provide a shuttle service during the day and we took advantage of that. The driver was very friendly and personable and the trip both ways was easy and efficient. They would just like about a half hour notice before you need them.

The room itself was basic and clean. The main complaint was the lack of plug ins. With all the electronics people have, having access to plugs is important, but they were scarce in our room. I sleep with a breathing machine, and it was hard to find a plug in for that close to a place for the machine, but I managed to figure it out. Parking is not particularly close to the rooms so you may have to lug your suitcase a ways.

Overall these are minor complaints. If we were to return to Victoria, I would be happy to stay here again. It's good value for what you get.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
BlueRidgeInn, Public Relations Manager at Accent Inn Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear MrTeachCP,

Thanks so much for your kind comments. You are so right that the need for power outlets is important, especially as we travel with more and more gadgets. Your case of course was far more important. The next time you stay please let us know of any special requirements and we'll do everything possible to provide for those needs. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

John Espley
Business Development Manager

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel is located by car about 15 mins to the city center and 25 mins from Sidney. Offers free parking. Looks little old and staff is not so friendly.
For us was OK, we were out all day so basically we only need it a place to crash after a busy but beautiful day.
We paid $100 for a junior suite. Which was fine for a 3 star hotel. Do not expect much. It is just OK.

There is a mall accross the street. Butchard Gardens are 30 mins away.
There are a lot of restaurants and supermarkets nearby.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daisy0879
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for several days.

Hotel desk staff, very friendly and accomodating
Willing to help with any questions

Room, clean and functional, cleaned daily if you like

The hotel is attached to an ABC country restaurant, which seems to have been recently renovated.
Food was good, and affordable.
3 areas for parking, so this doesn't seem to be an issue.

All in all a good overall experience, and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Convenient to Malls, highways, and most amenities.
Airport shuttle can be arranged to pick you up at hotel

You would be hard pressed to find something of this caliber for the price.

Room tip: Try to snag a room at back of hotel facing away from Blanshard, as Blanshard, being a main thoroughfare can get a bit noisy
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank BarbadianRum
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed at the Accent Inn for a week before I found a long-term place. They were very friendly, helpful to any questions I had about Victoria. The room was cleaned daily very amicably; I got a room with a kitchenette and a room at the back where it is not noisy. The staff was outstanding; thanks particularly to Kyle and Laurie, I appreciated your help alot, you were my first impression of the city and made me smile. Other than part of the parking lot being on a slant there is nothing I can complain about. I would recommend the hotel to family and friends.

Room tip: Request a room at the back (away from main street)
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Mike Y
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My stay was awesome, and all the staff were great, especially Whitney from the front desk :)

Date of stay: May 2012