4 of 5 starsReviewed 3 days ago NEW
If my review is helpful to you, please vote it as such. Many of us regular tripadvisor members spend a lot of time doing reviews to help others have the best vacation or stay that they can.
We have travelled to Victoria for many years and always stayed at another hotel but this time, the first time at the RS.
Ok ... this hotel has been around for many years but it is clean, nice, the service was totally 5 star and the prices were very reasonable. It is one block from the inner harbour, close to parliament building and James bay area.
On a phone reservation I first asked for a King, the said not sure they had one but would try. When I got there at 1:30 the room wasn't ready yet, so they gave me an upgrade to a 1 bedroom suit with a king bed and told me to come back at 3, which we did.
At 3:30 the room wasn't quite ready so they again upgraded us to a Luxury one bedroom suit. This room was huge, nice entry way with closet and safe, nice bathroom, large bedroom with king bed, then you get a contained kitchen on the right and walk into a dining room then the living room with a couch, 3 covered chairs, foot stool etc. It was dated but extremely clean and nice for the price !
Then I learned they also have a free shuttle service that will take you to Cook street Village, China town etc. what a great perk !
They also have an indoor pool, pool table room etc. but I didn't see have time to get to them, next time.
All in all this place is very customer service orientated ! I give it 5 * for that, the room was large and great but because of the age of the decor I give it 4 *, I wish I could give this place a 4.5 but since you can't do part stars I have to give it a 4. Let me qualify that I seldom if ever give a 5, so I am recommending this place and yes I / we would stay here again !
Room Tip: front of the hotel is nice, back would be more quiet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- See why so many people return to the Royal Scot time and time again! Immaculately clean, the Royal Scot is a service oriented hotel, ideal for couples and families alike. Make yourself at home in a Studio or One Bedroom Suite. Both offer a fully equipped kitchen and living room area. Just steps from Victoria's beautiful Inner Harbour, the Royal Scot offers free wi-fi as well as an indoor pool & hot tub, games room, gift shop and free downtown shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Scot Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Scot Hotel And Suites
- Royal Scot Victoria
- Royal Scot Hotel Victoria