“Very nice hotel, very nice staff”

Royal Scot Hotel & Suites
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed here in October and had a lovely stay. The rooms were very nice. The staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. It is a beautiful hotel and within walking distance to much of the Inner Harbor. The only potential problem I could see would be staying in the hot weather, as there is no air conditioning, but it was perfect in the fall!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,399)

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Royal Scot Hotel for a period of 3 weeks while I was going thru Re-Hab. treatment for an injury. The hotel is centrally located in a quiet, but beautiful location near Victoria's Inner Harbour and within walking distance to many wonderful attractions for visitor's to take advantage of during stay.

Unfortunately, due to my injury, they are not within my current walking distance but the Royal Scot offers a Shuttle Service to guests which I have been able to take advantage of several times during my stay to get to places that I wanted to go.

Upon my arrival, I was expecting to receive a normal guest room and was pleasantly surprised to find that I had received a room with kitchenette included. This made my stay so much more enjoyable! Many times, I found I was not physically able to go out for meals after re-hab and I felt more at home being able to cook my own meals in my room. The Hotel & Shuttle service staff were wonderful and so helpful in assisting me to getting groceries and going places during my stay.

When I was checking out from the 1st week to go home for a day, I mentioned that I would be checking back in the next night for my 2nd week of Re-hab and would be having to spend my birthday week away from family & friends which was going to be hard for me. I thanked them because their hotel & service was making it easier for me to enjoy my stay. When I checked back in the next night, I was surprised when I went to my room and found a full suite with a living room, I felt like I had received an early Birthday present from them.

I have stayed at many hotels in the past but have not enjoyed my stay as much as I have at this hotel which was made so enjoyable because of their friendly, helpful staff.

The rooms/beds were clean and very comfy and kept that way each day. I made use of their pool facilities each day during my stay as well as their on-site laundry facilities each week which was a nice amenity. I will highly recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in Victoria.

I am going home for a week but am having to return for another 3 weeks of Re-hab. treatments and have requested my travel agent to make reservations for me again at this Hotel for this period of time.

Thanks again to the Royal Scot & your wonderful, friendly staff for making my stay so enjoyable!

Room Tip: If possible, try to obtain a room with kitchen facilities if staying for more than a day. It is a n...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Nicely nestled in Victoria's inner harbour, this gem is full of friendly staff. It is within easy walking distance of the Royal BC Museum, the provincial legislature, and other interesting places. Although it is aging a bit, the Royal Scot is full of charm.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a few days and room was a suite type room. It was very clean, very large. Two bedrooms, one with double bed and two single beds. It had a kitchenette area, fridge and proper kettle/usual facilities.

The room you could say was slightly dated but it worked, it was very clean. Beds very comfy. For what you got for the price it was really good, best sleep we had on our holiday was at this location.

I liked our stay here. We had breakfasts in the hotel which was nice. We could have got cheaper breakfasts out in Victoria but we were happy to try and use the breakfasts facilities, the waitresses were attentive and friendly.

Loved the area of Victoria and this hotel was ideal to walk to restaurants, go to Fishermans Wharf or the harbour areas.

The Hotel and Victoria are a lovely place and I would like to return to Victoria a lovely town and If I did; I would stay at The Royal Scot. The hotel is is situated a 3-5 mins walk from everything, Parliament buildings and restaurants, harbour and Fishermans Wharf

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank A.MACCA
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Upgraded to a full suite with balcony on arrival which was very nice. Staff professional and polite. Widest bed on our holiday! We had the deal which included breakfast and parking. We were given a breakfast voucher for each morning, which did not include choices from the full breakfast menu including fruit juice and cereal, but all our breakfasts were good quality. We found the hotel was in a good location for everywhere we wanted to walk to visit.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Here I am on my 2nd night. The room was 74 degrees when I got in on a wet cool day. Themtce guy got the a/c working ( maybe the only uni that has the wall unit). Think the maid turned it off as it was back 74 just now . I do not have a balcony or a view. However it is sort of a suite. Some effort has gone into upgrading but it is not a modern hotel. Bus goups here alo thought tourist seaon was over. Has a pool on basement floor and billiards room and excercise room.
Staff is quite friendly
I did not eat here. I like t get the $5 bus pass and not worry about driving around Victoria. I told them in advance I did not think I should pay fo parking. I do not know whether it was due tomy birthday or the fact the big tourist crunch is over but got the parking waived.
Remember you can catch the 72 which goes to Sydney at the Legislature and buses that go up Douglas on Superior. I like the hotel but if they charged me for parking not sure I would stay

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed here as part of a Black Ball Ferry package for 2 nights. It was only 1 block from the Parliament Building and Inner Harbour. We were upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite with a kitchen which was nice although you had to do your own dishes. There were 2 TVs, an umbrella and robes provided. Our suite faced Quebec St. which has a lot of traffic and tour buses, but with the window closed and a fan on (no a/c), the noise was not a problem. The bath had a 2-sided magnifying mirror on the wall which was a surprising perk. The staff was helpful and very nice. No breakfast was included which was disappointing. It was $9-$12 in the on-site restaurant (Jonathan's).

Room Tip: If the weather requires the windows to be open, get a room off Quebec St.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple