I came upon this, by chance, from searching for a hotel, on line. We were staying for 4 nights so I wanted something spacious and comfortable. I didn't expect to use the kitchen for cooking meals but we did buy juice, fruit and muffins for one breakfast there and they provided coffee. Having a fridge is always useful for keeping snacks and refreshments. I know this hotel isn't new but it didn't have the feel of an older establishment. Indeed, it was some of the little things that helped to make our stay so pleasurable like umbrellas in the closet (which we needed), 4 sets of towels for 2 people, three closets for clothes with ample hangers, really quiet rooms. We never heard a sound from an adjoining room, or a room above or the halls. The hotel is used by tour companies so there were frequent buses picking up and dropping off, but we never even heard the bell staff picking up luggage from the halls and you never got a sense that there were masses of people hanging around. All the staff were not only friendly but helpful and very knowledgeable. They had a shuttle van so, if one of the bell/porter/concierge staff was free, he would drop you off anywhere in the downtown area, and pick you up if you called when you were done. It was wonderful when, after walking all day, and now changed into dressier shoes, we could get a lift to our restaurant for dinner. They also drove us to the bus terminal, with our luggage, for our transfer to the Vancouver ferry. In terms of location, it couldn't have been better. The hotel is on a quiet side street but just a couple of hundred metres from the Parliament Building, with the Empress, the Inner Harbour, the Royal BC Museum around the corner and close to the main shopping and dinning areas. I would definitely make this my hotel of choice for any future visits to Victoria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- See why so many people return to the Royal Scot time and time again! Immaculately clean, the Royal Scot is a service oriented hotel, ideal for couples and families alike. Make yourself at home in a Studio or One Bedroom Suite. Both offer a fully equipped kitchen and living room area. Just steps from Victoria's beautiful Inner Harbour, the Royal Scot offers free wi-fi as well as an indoor pool & hot tub, games room, gift shop and free downtown shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Scot Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Scot Hotel And Suites
- Royal Scot Victoria
- Royal Scot Hotel Victoria