Royal Scot Hotel & Suites
$248
Hotel Rialto(Victoria)
$174
  • Restaurant
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
$204
$263
$186
Abigail's Hotel
1,421 results
All reviewsgames roomfull kitchenjonathan's restaurantgreat locationone bedroom suitecourtesy shuttleparliament buildingquiet streethot tubinner harborlaundry roomsofa bedindoor poolport angeleswithin walking distancean older hotelno air conditioning
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I booked the Royal Scot Hotel and Suites through Clipper Vacations at an extremely competitive rate compared to the other Hotels in the area.

The clipper dock is only a block and a half from the Royal Scot which allowed us to skip any taxi cab costs. We walked the 1.5 blocks and checked into the hotel at 11:00 AM (several hours before check-in time) and dropped off our bags.

We staying one of the 60 or so Guest rooms which are a minority of the rooms in the hotel (most rooms have a full kitchen, our did not). The room's view was nothing special - I think ours looked an empty lot and a parking lot. However the room was a reasonable size with a small refrigerator, a balcony, a DVD player/TV and a king size bed.

I would agree with the other reviewers that the majority of the guests were of the older crowd. I did see a few families in the hotel, however. This information does not matter to me at all when selecting a hotel - just a note for people to know.

The location of the Royal Scot is perfect for tourists. 2 blocks from the Parliament Buildings, 3 blocks from the Royal BC Museum and within walking distance of anywhere you would want to go in downtown Victoria.

Room Tip: All rooms see to be quiet/clean.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Had an overnighter here last week,and was very happy with the experience. It's an older hotel but very clean. The beds were comfortable enough, the pool, games room, billiard room, guest laundry were a nice touch. Exercise room was pretty weak but the crowd wasn't really the "lifting weights" type. That being said, it's definitely a good spot for kids, but it seemed the guests were mostly Seniors. Best part is the location, one block from Wharf Street, with lots of bars and restaurants to choose from. Got up nice and early and went running along the water's edge. All in all, a good spot.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Royal Scot may not be as fancy or up-dated as some of the other hotels on Victoria's inner harbor. But, it is very good value. It has been our "go to" hotel for many years.

Last Christmas, our daughter & son-in-law rented a 2 bedroom suite & my husband & I rented a studio suite for a holiday season stay in Victoria. The hotel staff was professional & friendly, as always. The suites were both very comfy. My son-in-law enjoyed the use of the in-door pool & the spa.

We were walking distance to the inner harbor, downtown, & the restaurant where we had our Christmas dinner. if, the weather had been inclement, we would have used the hotel's shuttle.

I highly recommend this hotel for patrons that are looking at good value.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I spent five nights here in late March 2013. The location would be hard to beat. It is within easy walking distance of many of the locations I came to visit: Inner Harbour, Royal BC Museum, Maritime Museum, shopping district and restaurants in downtown Victoria etc. The price was very reasonable. I had breakfast in their restaurant five days and dinner once. The next time I go back to Victoria I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at the Royal Scot and overall enjoyed the experience. The atmosphere is very very friendly and welcoming, though the hotel is older and little dated. Rooms were very clean. The staff we found were excellent and very helpful. The hotel location and parking are very good and we would there again. Cost was reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple