“Great stay & will return!”

Royal Scot Hotel & Suites
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Houston, TX
“Great stay & will return!”
Reviewed April 5, 2011

This hotel lived up to its rave reviews for our family. Location can't be beat, very clean, friendly staff, lots of amenities for families (pool, billiards, game room). Rooms are modestly decorated but not an issue for us. Free Wi-Fi & in-room dvd player nice touches. Stayed in a suite and had tons of room, kitchenette was a time-saver. Very short walk to Parliament, water-front, shopping. Parking cheap & easy. Very pleased with our choice & will stay there again.

Room Tip: 1 Bdrm. suite slept 5 easily with plenty of room.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank clglove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We had a good start when we arrived as they had upgraded us to a queen room with a kitchen and we were really glad of this because it also gave us a lounge area and the kitchen was well fitted out which made breakfast a whole lot easier. The decor in general is a little dated (far too many patterns for our liking) but it is all clean and well looked after. We choose it because of the pool and we weren't disappointed. We were there during the winter season and so the parking charge seemed a bit steep. The location is great for being able to walk around Victoria.

Room Tip: Get one with a kitchen!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed March 29, 2011

The hotel staff and layout here reminded me so much of the small hotels where we stayed in Europe. It has that true continental feel and Old World charm. From the moment we arrived until the moment we checked out, we truly felt at home here. The front desk staff was friendly, inviting, and very helpful. The restaurant staff was superb and our breakfasts were always tasty. The rooms were spacious, clean, and extremely comfortable. The location was central to all we wanted to do and see. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Delta, Canada
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I used Trip Advisor to make a short list of hotels to call. The lady at Royal Scot had best telephone manners and closed the booking with an additional offer of free parking for 2 vehicles. Normally they charge $10.00. We had adjoining rooms for my son and family and my wife and I in a suite. All amenities we needed were provided. Rooms were facing a quiet street and there were balconies for summer sitting. I liked the fact the windows could be opened for fresh air, not sealed as in some hotels. I made one request of housekeeping and it was quickly provided. Check out was noon and we added 15 minutes to that with no problem. And we left our cars in their lot for 4 hours as we did a sightseeing walk. We didn't use the restaurant, but saw many older people coming for lunch, which we thought indicated it was a good value.

My daughter-in-law wanted to stay another night and we are anxious to return again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PickingPal
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We've stayed at the Royal Scot three times over the past 25 years. Our most recent visit reminded us why we keep coming back: excellent service, truly courteous staff, extremely comfortable beds, and a quite adequate kitchen/dining area. The public areas - pool, spa, game room, billiards - were a big plus years ago when we traveled with our kids. Now that we're older, we really appreciate the convenient location, shuttle service, and knowledgeable desk staff. It's been 11 years since our last visit, but I hope our next one is much sooner!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed December 30, 2010

We had a great stay at a reasonable price. Our room was on the fourth (top) floor so it was quieter than on lower floors and had a kitchenette and a separate room with a sofabed. It was in a perfect location and very convenient (5 minute walk from the ferry terminal). The front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating. We had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant there, which is quaint and the food was very good. The staff was very nice and friendly as well. We arranged a trip to the Buchart Gardens and were picked up right from the hotel. The trip to Buchart from the hotel was more expensive, but convenient way to go.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank supersport1
Salt Spring Island, Canada
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Great value for money. It's not a posh hotel, but it is clean, uptodate and modern three story hotel. We rented a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen and two pullout couchs. I think the sq ft was about 700. The size of a one bedroom apartment.

Booking was easy, the staff on the telephone were very professional and well trained, the foyer is clean and welcoming, there is a gift store and a large area devoted to information on Victoria. The elevators, if not in use were on the main floor with the doors open waiting for you.

We had dinner the first night, and it was pleasant and affordable. The rest of our meals we prepared in our suite with the exception of Dim Sum in China Town. We were in the hub with a very short walk to the Harbour. Less than a block away we found the horse drawn carriages.

The hotel thought of every need well in advance. There was two unbrellas in the closet, thank goodness we did not need them, but we were worried we might. There was a fan, a safe, housecoats and more I'm sure. The washroom was fully supplied with lots of larger soaps and shampoo etc. The kitchen was fully equipped though there were a few items I wish I had, like an extra frying pan. I'm sure the staff would have provided one if I had asked.

The halls were clean, the room was in excellent condition and very clean. The ONLY complaint would be is that the moment I was leaving I found a silverfish! Now its not that uncommon in older buildings especially in our damp environment and it was a small silverfish, they are harmless, but just the thougt is a bit gross. I told the front desk and they said they would investigate immediately. They took my comment seriously, and that is what I appreciate and would influence my return despite its discovery.

Oh I forgot to mention the pool, larger than average hottub, fitness room, I believe there were saunas, not something I use...... there was a billards room AND a games room, with games, puzzles, tv, etc. Our room had two TVs!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family