“Nice hotel, great views, central to much of the city”

Inn at Laurel Point
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 1, 2014

We visited Victoria for a quick weekend jaunt. We stayed at the Inn and enjoyed the hotel. The staff was friendly, welcoming, and courteous. The prices were very good for such a central location. The next time that we are in Victoria, this will definitely be at the top of our list.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Managing Director at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2014

Dear GS,
Thank you for taking the time to post your very kind review. Next time you must plan to stay a little longer, You shouldcheck into our website from time to time to take advantage of some of our special off season rates! Hmmmm, how about some Christmas shopping in Victoria???

All the best,

Reviewed August 31, 2014

We originally booked a condo, which showed a remodel studio condo but the outside of the building and the location we horrible. We spent 3 hrs trying to find another place to stay. The Inn at Laurel Point had a room. Kirsten at the front desk was wonderful. She made every effort to get us a room that night & for the rest of our stay. We had a king bedroom on the main floor with an outside patio, no furniture to sit on but still was able to get fresh air in the room. Bed was comfortable and room clean.

We did have do a happy hour at the Aura restaurant & sat outside which was beautiful. The cheese platter was excellent.

We were able to find another condo the next day which was much cheaper than the hotel. They were kind enough to cancel the rest of our nights there with no cancellation penalty.

Room Tip: I believe higher floors have balconies you can sit out on with a nice view of the water.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank angobanjo

Dear angobanjo,

Thank you for posting your review. I will be sure to pass along your lovely comments to Kirsten.
We really do have a wonderful front desk team who are always weilling to go that extra mile to ensure all of our guests are well taken care of. Although you elected to move to a condo , I am delighted that you were able to at least enjoy one worry free evening with us and that your vacation was not ruined.

Until the next time...

sincerely,

Reviewed August 31, 2014

This hotel is exactly as described in other positive reviews and gave us an excellent start to our vacation. The location for us was perfect, being extremely quiet yet very close to the most interesting part of the harbor where we could relax watching the float planes taking off and landing. It seems that most of the rooms have views of the water, and although obviously trees and shrubs block some of this view from the ground floor rooms, the outlook is still extremely pleasant. The staff were very welcoming, valet parking was fast and efficient, and our room was spacious with a very comfortable, very large bed. Our only criticism was the indifferent service at breakfast – for example, a luke warm pot of tea being replaced without much of an apology. But overall a good experience, and we’d definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms obviously have a better view of the harbour over the trees and bushes - but we were ver...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Roger-Brenda,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review of our hotel.
Much Appreciated

Reviewed August 31, 2014

Not cheap, but a great hotel. Very good location for visiting Victoria and the surrounding area, the room was large and very well-equipped and to a high standard, good onsite car parking, staff really helpful and great at making reservations at local restaurants and advising on what to do locally. Only possible grumble was that the breakfast service was a little slow.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Managing Director at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2014

Hi GTL999,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am thrilled that you take with you fond memories of your stay with us. You are right, we are not the least expensive hotel in Victoria but neither are we the most expensive. We like to think that we offer a superior urban waterside experience and an above average customer service experience and that is - priceless.
I apologize that the breakfast service was slower than desired in our restaurant but sometimes in peak season we are just pack to the rafters with hungry guests and some mornings are just slower than others. I do hope you understand.

Thanks again and happy fall!

See you again one day!

Reviewed August 30, 2014

I was traveling with another couple and we had both booked our rooms directly with the hotel. We both booked the Studio Suite King, which according to their write up on their web-site has "Spectacular outer harbour waterviews located in the Ericson Wing", however, these were not the rooms we received. Instead we received "Inner Harbour King rooms, which according to their website are priced at a lower rate. After reviewing our room upon check-in Saturday August 23, 2014, I contacted the manager on duty, Drew and expressed our unhappines with both of our rooms because they were facing the inter-harbour, overlooked a roof top of the lobby and driveway entrance. According to Drew, "the Views we paid for, are not guaranteed, the hotel was sold out becuase of wedings parties". The only thing he could offer me was a downgraded room in the older part of the hotel. I asked Drew for a discount, since we did not receive what we paid for. His answer to that was "NO, the hotel does not see any reason to give us any kind of discount". He should have finished with, WE ALSO DO NOT GIVE YOU WHAT YOU PAID FOR!

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jessie V

Dear Jesse V,
I cannot tell you how disappointed I was to read your less than flattering review of your recent stay with us and I think that I can clarify what I think is a matter of misinterpreted terminology.
You and your travelling companions did indeed book an Erickson Wing Studio Suite equipped with King beds but nowhere on the website does it state that all of these rooms come with “ outer harbour waterviews”. What it does say is that each studio suite (either King or Queen) has an “ocean view”. Depending on the location of all of our Studio Suites, one may have an inner harbour view or an outer harbour view. One may have a room on the 1st floor all the way up to the 5th floor. The views and location vary. On this occasion, you were assigned a lovely inner harbourview and yes if one looks down, one can see the roof of a lower floor, but in no way does it obstruct the view of the harbour. In fact, we have many people requesting this view as they find it much more interesting to watching the goings on of our little city. We do try and accommodate special view requests but it is virtually impossible to accommodate each and every request.
As for your description of an “Inner Harbour King room” this is a completely different room category and is located in our standard wing, the Laurel Wing. And you are right, it is less expensive that our more prestigious Erickson Wing.
I am sorry that we could not offer you a discount but you did get the exact room type at the exact price point for the room that you selected. My disappointment is that perhaps the explanation of the room types were not succinctly outlined and for that I am sorry.
Should you have an opportunity to return at some point and to avoid any type of confusion I would like to offer you my direct assistance with your reservation needs. I would be delighted to answer any and all questions personally in order that you are satisfied and happy with your booking.
When calling please ask for me, Judy Elder directly and I would be delighted to assist.

I trust this explains a little about the hotel reservations system and hope that you will reconsider returning to one of Victoria’s most beautiful locations- our Inn.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Stayed here just one night while in Victoria. Our room was clean and view was nice. I don't remember which wing we were in. Bed was comfy. Seagull on the deck was annoying early in the morning.
Did Not dine at the hotel restaurant.
Would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank burgher123
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Managing Diector at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear Mark K,
Thank you for posting your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and that everything was to your liking. My apologies for the early morning wake up by one of our "univited guests" - those pesky seagulls!! One of the perils of living by the seaside - pesky but hilarious seagulls.
I have watched them every day for years now and if by chance one guest innocently feeds one, they will return day after day expecting more handouts - I have even caught one tapping with his beak on the sliding door.
Some places have a "Do not Feed the Bears" - we should have one saying "Do not feed the Seagulls".
My apologies again for the disturbance!
Enjoy the rest of your summer and we hope that you will keep us in your future travel plans.

~Judy

Reviewed August 26, 2014

We were in the Laurel Wing room as part of our tour so I contacted the hotel directly and upgraded to a sunset room.

So glad I did because we got a full balcony, amazing views of the harbour to watch the boats and seaplanes (they do get noisy).

A great location with a nice walk into town or to Fisherman's Wharf along the water's edge.

Very friendly staff.

My only gripe is the pool; it is very deep for children and I could only touch the floor at the 4' 10" level and I'm 5' 10" so not sure how that works. I spent most of the time treading water.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Judy E, Executice Assistant to the Managing Director at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear Lee O,

Thank you so much for posting your nice review. So glad that you enjoyed one of our Sunset rooms - they really do have an unobstructed view of the outer harbour and western sky - just perfect for watching the sun go down.
You mentioned that you found the harbour to be a little noisy. Yes, the seaplanes, if using a particular direction, can create quite a mighty little noise taking off but most people enjoy watching them - it is afterall, an honest to goodness working harbour. Frankly, there are not that many at any given time-perhaps one every two hours or so? It is worthy to note that most harbour activity stops before dark and the harbour becomes super quiet - even the seagulls go to bed.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you will have an opportunity to return again for another visit.
Thanks for the great review.

Most sincerely,