Inn at Laurel Point
$166
The Fairmont Empress(Victoria)
$444
  • Restaurant
Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$254
Delta Hotels
$207
$198
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Royal Scot Hotel & Suites(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$150
$145
  • Pool
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$381
Official Website
$185
Hotel Zed(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$94
$82
Travelocity
The Oswego Hotel(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$207
2,223 results
All reviewserickson wingaura restaurantjapanese gardennew wingouter harborfisherman's wharfwalking pathoverlooking the harbouraveda productshuge bathroomstudio suiteshort walkvictoria clipperan upgradewater viewan easy walkempress hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed in the Erickson wing for 3 nights. It was a very large room and the bathroom was massive. Lovely modern room and nice and quiet. Had all you need in the room and also a good coffee machine.
The position of the hotel is great and you can easily walk into town and also around to fishermans wharf. We only ate once in the hotel and that was breakfast. This was nice but nothing to rave about - fairly expensive. Better to walk in to town and go to Cora which is just behind the empress hotel and a little up the road. Restaurants everywhere in close walking distance.
We really enjoyed our time here and it was great watching the fireworks from our balcony on Canada day!
As we were getting a bus to vancouver for our cruise we were a little worried about getting to the terminal in time with our bags. It was no problem as it was an easy walk to the bus station dragging our suitcases. Might not be so good in the rain but a taxi ride would be very inexpensive anyway.
Ps - anyone going on a cruise from Victoria should note that you can get the coach directly to canada place and your bags get taken on the ship and you don't see them again until the turn up in your room! Very easy

Room Tip: Erickson wing and ask for a room on higher floors for even better views
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kris052
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Managing Director at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear Kris052,

Thanks for posting your review. I am so pleased that you did a little detour and stayed with us here at the Inn for 3 days prior to boarding your Alaska Cruise Ship in Vancouver. What a stellar vacation and so seamless.
I do hope you will consider returning again one day to discover more about our city, Vancouver Island and BC in general - the possibilities are endless.

Have a great rest of your summer.
All the best,

Reviewed August 13, 2014

To enjoy this hotel with its marvelous restaurant you need to upgrade. We asked for a basic-price dog room with a deck. We got a "step-out deck", SRO. First floor, cramped, dark, near HVAC noisemaker. We upgraded to a marvelous room in the new tower. Total Cost: $972 for 3 nites. Busted our budget standards. But this hotel: in the best dog area, best restaurant in Victoria, so pay for what you get, when it is in August, perhaps Victoria's most in-demand month. Our new tower room was just above and in open air contact with the events area, speaker in direct contact. Noise anticipation was much worse than reality: sedate 100-attendee (East) Indian wedding. Staff offered us to move. We could have closed the deck door, and the wonderful evening air, but we easily endured thru the festivities. They were contracted thru to 11:30 PM, mercifully quit at 10:30, staff had lowered the noise at 10 PM. Bring your own pillows unless u prefer v. thick ones.

Room Tip: Pricey "new tower rooms are marvelous. 1st floor: wonderful waterfall & garden view. Above floors: harbor,hill and sunset views. Could have noise from events area. Qas not a problem for us tho in closest room to that area.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Picky_in_WA
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Managing Director at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear Pick_in_WA,

Thank you so much for posting your review. I am delighted that you chose to stay with us partially because we are a very dog friendly hotel. We recognize that our four legged friends are no longer pets, they are our family members and as such.......get to go on vacation too!
We do have designated pet rooms in both our Laurel Wing and our more exclusive Erickson Wing. Those rooms are on the first floor of both wings with an additional room on the 2nd floor of the Erickson Wing for those not wanting a ground floor room.We assigned them as such in order that the pets get easy accest to the outdoors if need be.
Peak season travel in any city can be quite a bit more expensive than in the off seasons and Victoria is no different. I understand how you may find the rates high but I assure you that they are in keeping with the rest of the city's finer hotels. We have a few of our competitors who are actually much higher. But, as you mentioned, we do have one of the finest dining rooms in the city and the culinary experience and stunning harbour views cannot be compared. We have a great property with great rooms and staff who really enjoy what they do.
So , all in all, I invite you to return again - perhaps in the off season when the rates tend to go down as we do offer some "smoking good deals" at times.Pop into our website from time to time to check out our deals.

Thank you again for your valuable comments and I apologize for the unsolicited wedding music.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is a lovely hotel. We booked a King Terrace Suite for my husband, me and our two sons. It was very spacious and was plenty large enough for our family. The room had a very nice bathroom, comfortable beds with well-made linens and a huge terrace. We had a beautiful view of the outer harbor and ocean. There is excellent customer service throughout the hotel from Sean’s help prior to our arrival to hotel staff to housekeeping when I left an item behind. The Inn at Laurel Point is very centrally located. We could easily walk to Fisherman’s Wharf, the inner harbor and down town, as well as to various nearby attractions and restaurants. Given the opportunity to be in Victoria, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sharon D
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Boss! at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Thank you Sharon D for your wonderful review.
I am so happy that you felt well accomodated and that you will take fond memories with you of both your stay at our beautiful Inn and city!

Wishing you a great rest of your summer!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

The location is fabulous and if you have a dog a great place to stay. Lots of places to walk your dog and take them out. The rooms are average in the Laurel part and you are looking at at least an extra 100 per night to stay in the newer tower. The rooms had nice views of the harbour but they were like really nice dorm rooms, as my husband noted by the style of the furnishings. The pool was ok and there is no hot tub. Would not be my choice again unless I was coming with my dog I might consider it.The proximity to the harbour and downtown is great. The rooms were clean. Just did not love it and missed not having a hot tub with the pool.

Room Tip: If you can afford it stay in the newer wing....do. Great place for people with dogs.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Forknknife,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. You are so correct in saying that we are a very pet friendly hotel and we are so glad that you and your pooch enjoyed your stay together. We have designated rooms set aside for our four legged friends and their people in both our higher end Erickson Wing and our in more standard offering in the Laurel Wing and there is a price point for almost every budget. The walking paths right outside our front door lend easy access to the downtown core which is about a 7 - 10 minute harbourside walk away or 500 steps in doggie terms.
I am sorry that you missed having a hot tub in our pool area. Unfortunately we had to remove the hot tub several years ago due to mechanical failure and we have found that, in general, hot tubs seem to have lost their popularity and so we have elected not to reinstall one.
I do hope you will reconsider returning to our Inn again one day - we have some great off-season rates that are really super - you may want to watch out for them or even sign up for our newsletter.

All the best and enjoy the rest of your summer,

Reviewed August 12, 2014

This being my first time in Canada I really didn't know what to expect and I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised. Victoria was our first stop on this business trip. The airport is about 20-30 minutes away but not a awful drive into town. The weather was not what I expected based on weather reports. It called for possible showers and 50-60 degrees but it felt more like mid to high 70's with not a cloud in the sky. The Inn at Laurel Point sits on a beautiful property on the bay with amazing views of the wharf. My room was a "Garden View" room with a beautiful outside patio facing the Japanese Garden and waterfall. Room was extremely spacious and well decorated. The bathroom was HUGE! It was equipped with full tub and extra large shower enclosed in glass. I've attached some pics for you to enjoy. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming from the restaurant to the front desk. Thank you again for an amazing stay at your beautiful property.

Room Tip: The Garden Suites are great and lower level but I can only imagine the amazing views of the higher level suites.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JerzboyMiami
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Boss! at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Well, thank you so much for your fantastic review JerzboyMiami!
I am so glad that you enjoyed the Garden Suite. It is very "zen" to sit out amongst the beautiful gardens and listen to that very soothing waterfall. I think I should have my office moved to one of those rooms [insert mischievious smile].
Thank you for staying with us and I do hope you have an opportunity to return again one day!

All the best!