My wife and my third visit of three or more days in the past year. We have always stayed, by choice in the older section which has always been fully satisfactory, large, clean, good bed(s), efficient heat/AC, well furnished, with great views.
Our reasons for being fully satisfied with our experience at the Inn at Laurel Point are as follows:
1. Staff: Without exception absolutely superior. They are efficient, always friendly taking the time to acknowledge and greet you, and have on a number of occasions gone well out of their way to provide helpful information and assistance. Their casual professionalism is always appreciated.
2. Location: Perfect for the Inner Harbour area of downtown Victoria. Very easy and direct drive to from the airport or ferries and just a short walk from the US ferries. An easy and safe day or night walk east to the Legislative buildings and all downtown activities, great pubs and restaurants and shopping. A short walk west on the sea-walk takes you to the uniqueness of Fisherman's Wharf / the Cruise Ship Terminal and a variety of activities, great restaurants and shopping. Kids will be delighted to see and feed the Harbour Seals always present at the Wharf.
3. Sleep Quality: The hotel is reasonably large, but even when full never seems crowded. There is no traffic noise to disturb you and we have never had any poor experience with hallway noise.
4. Parking: Yes you pay for it, but it is covered, secure and handy. If you are a tourist you will probably not be using your vehicle very much, because of the hotel location.
Although excellent coffee is available in the rooms we would appreciate having it available, fresh in the lobby area throughout the day and into the evening. Even if there was an honour system cost it would be well worth it.. We would further like to see a small lounge available throughout the evening hours so that one could have a drink and enjoy the view without having to go elsewhere.
The Inn at Laurel Point is our favourite hotel in Victoria and we shall continue to call it home when visiting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing at the edge of Victoria's Inner harbour is a property of unparalleled distinction. With 200 guest rooms, spectacular waterviews, private balconies and 10,000 sq. ft of meeting space, Inn at Laurel Point is your downtown Victoria hotel. Shopping, entertainment venues, and tourist attractions are all a short stroll from our welcome mat. Take a break from the ordinary, soak up the water views and come stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Inn at Laurel Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Laurel Point Hotel Victoria
- Hotel At Laurel Point
- At Laurel Point Victoria