“Victoria's Best”

Inn at Laurel Point
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I always stay here and am never disappointed. Great location, rooms, restaurant, amenities, staff and overall ambiance. Nicely priced for the value. Wonderful if you are alone, with a couple, or with a group. Bottom Line: Stay Here. Trust me - I'm a lawyer!

Room Tip: Pop for a harbor view suite - you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Inn at Laurel Point

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was floored by the amazing view from my balcony. I booked their basic category and had a fantastic stay. The televisions have a great selection of HD channels and as a business traveler I appreciated that there were two electrical outlets on the desk so that I didn't have to dig around to plug in my devices. Also, there was a fantasticly comfortable and very adjustable chair at the desk so I found it easy to work.
The food on sites was 5/5. I had the Borscht Salad and Vegetarian trio for dinner. Interesting and creative flavour profiles and excellent plating.
Overall very impressed. Next time, I want to splurge a bit and stay in the Arthur Erikson wing.
I liked that the parking was only $15, and that you could walk out of the hotel entrance right onto the seawall.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

had a most excellent and accomodating time at the Inn at Laurel Point - the staff were at the ready to be of any kind of help (example getting an extra glass for third person) - 'jolly on the spot' to be of any kind of assistance even leaving messages of reminders (example request an early wake up call) - check out was a breeze with staff 'dividing' the bill between the three of us who shared a room - expecting a package to arrive - not a situation - it was delivered to the front desk for us -

Room Tip: most excellent location for a conference - had a sunny-bright room on the main floor
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Dont waste your time staying here. It's a dump (rooms need a facelift) - Better off staying at a Motel 6. GREAT view with horrible service. Carpets are dingy, the hall could use some paint and the furniture needs updating.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Laurel point room was well laid out with a great view of harbour. i attended a gastonomia show in the show piece reception room banked with large and open windows highlighting the garden and the ocean harbour beyond. This would be fantastic for a small lovely daytime wedding reception. It's a hidden gem in the city!

1  Thank snowcaphappy
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Normally, I am more thorough in checking out a hotel before I book a stay, and had I done my homework properly, I would have stayed elsewhere.

The hotel is truly in a lovely location and sits directly on the Inner Harbor. Also, the staff members I came in contact with were very nice. Unfortunately, those are the only positives that I can think of.

My room (#442) had a view of the harbor and came with a small balcony where you could stand and watch the seaplanes fly in and take off. The room, however, was old and dated. The blond furniture was scratched and nicked, and had numerous black scuff marks. The black bedskirt on the bed was stained with some type of white chalky substance. The back of the room door had what looked like water stains. Also, the desk chair in the room was tattered (the top of the chair was made from some type of hemp like material, and the hemp was unraveling), and the remote control for the television was extremely dusty. I had to wipe it off in order to use it - ugh.

The bathroom was extremely dated as well (formica countertops...old tap faucets), but what was concerning to me was the bath/shower combination. Literally, you had to step more than two feet high just to climb in! In order to take a shower, I had to sit on the edge of the bath, swing my legs up and over the tub and then stand up. Honestly, the bath was so high off the ground that anyone would have had trouble getting in and out. Add to the fact that there were no safety railings at all to hold on to, and I ended up feeling a bit concerned as I (or anyone else) could have taken a fall.

I did not eat at their restaurant as I felt their prices were too high, and speaking of prices - 49 cents a minute for the internet in their business center?? .49/minute - are they serious?

The hotel is a short walk from the main part of town (approx. five minutes). If someone has mobility issues, however, that can be a problem, as there are no other means of transport near to the hotel. If you do not rent a vehicle, your only other alternative is to take a cab, which will cost almost $6.00US for a two minute ride.

Again, I did not do my homework, so I have no one to blame but myself for choosing this hotel. I loved visiting the city of Victoria, and will not hesitate to visit again. I'll just make sure to stay at a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MsCleo2313
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed in Victoria for 2 nights in April. Absolutely beautiful city!

Pros:
Fantastic location; walk to everything
Great views, views and more views
Make sure you take a 5 min. walk to fisherman's warf. Had a great fish & ships lunch at Barb's
Path along harbour is steps from hotel entrance
Access to everything via the walking trails
Restaurant had a beautiful view of harbour & main port. Can't comment in food because I did not eat at hotel

Cons:
Rooms were nice but are due for an update; bathroom was nice and water pressure was perfect
Counter at front desk needed updating. Nice staff.
Very small pool - about 10 meters
Small but very adequate exercise room. Nice weight and cardio machines.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple