“Evening of Fun”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Victoria, Canada
“Evening of Fun”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I am rating this a very good because I really love the room I stayed in, and the view. However, the fine dining was not as exceptional. I would stay again, for the view, and it's in walking distance to down town Victoria; however, I would walk to enjoy a meal at one of the restaurants close by. Perhaps some sushi and saki?

Room Tip: I prefer to see the harbour; I ask for that everytime.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lillianjones6
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Managing Director at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Lillianjones6,
Thank you for your high ratings. I cannot emphasis how important our guest feedback is to the success of our Inn and yours is no exception.
I am a little disappointed, however, that you were not “blown away” by your fine dining experience in our waterfront restaurant AURA, but I have come to realize that dining expectations are such a subjective topic that all I can do is humbly respect your opinion.

So glad you enjoy the beautiful views of both the inner and outer harbours – it really is stunning isn’t it?

I do hope you will return again one day to enjoy a little quiet retreat away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life!

All the best,

~Judy~

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
  • Korean first
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The Inn at Laurel Point is Victoria's best hotel based on location, view and comfort. Situated at the mouth of the Inner Harbor, it has all the amenities a modern traveler needs and wants in a hotel - comfortable beds, clean rooms, flat-screen TV, great water pressure, strong wifi signal and views of Victoria that just can't be beat. Unfortunately, I found the staff to be rude and arrogant during my stay there this weekend which is why I dropped it from five stars to four. World-class hotels have world-class staff and the girl that checked me was far, far from being professional. I'll leave it at that. This hotel is great but be prepared to deal with amateur hour when interacting with the staff....

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before you check in if you haven't stayed here before - the room quality an...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Vince L
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Managing Director at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Vince L,

Please accept my humblest apologies for this very tardy response. Your comments are well taken and it is evident that you are a well season traveller. You have a great eye for detail and I am pleased that you noticed some of the less obvious touches, such as the quality of our bathrobes, the strong water pressure and strong WIFI signal. I know how important the view is to our guests as well as the comfort of a fabulous bed and other accoutrements offered, but for the "road warrior" the devil is in the details and a lovely room without a good WIFI signal and a strong shower can be, at the very least, annoying. I am glad that you agree that we were able to provide you with these items-seamlessly....and strongly.
I am so dissappointed that you had some problems with a Front Desk agent and I hope you will not measure us by this isolated incident. Your comments have definitely been sent to the Front Desk Supervisors for review. It is quite surprising actually as we get so many great comments on hospitable we " island folk" tend to be -especially here at the Inn.
I do hope this incident will not tarnish your relationship with us and that you will once again return to our little piece of paradise.
Thank you again for your review and I hope we can earn your 5th star back upon your next visit.

Most sincerely,

Bonney Lake, Washington
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Let me start by saying we are repeat visitors to this place. We have stayed in the Laurel Wing twice (rate those rooms a "4" - mostly for the view, but the rooms are OK). Twice we have stayed in the Erickson Wing, including our most recent stay. The Erickson rooms are large, upscale, and beautiful, with marble bathrooms, art niches, large balcony/patio, glass door & windows that are floor-to-ceiling and wall-to-wall - so the view is just as good inside or out. Sometimes it is hard to leave such a relaxing place to venture out on the town. I failed to mention that the view includes an on-site Japanese Garden, pond, and waterfall. We did not use the indoor pool or fitness center this time, but they are nice facilities, as well.

Check-in and check-out was painless, with a friendly and first-class desk staff. Our room was not yet ready at check-in (we waited about 15 minutes), and the young man who we checked in with brought our room keys out to where we were waiting.
The hotel is a 5-minute walk from the ferry dock, 10 minute walk to the downtown/Inner Harbour areas and all of the "touristy" things.

Laurel Point can be expensive (especially the Erickson Wing rooms), but watch their web site - good deals can be had for those patient enough to keep looking.

The on-site restaurant, AURA, is definitely on the pricy side - expect to pay $25 - $35 for your entree/main plate dinner. Breakfast is on the high side, as well; I'm sorry, no omelet on this planet is worth $17. So, I would suggest one of the many eateries surrounding the Inner Harbour.

All in all, a great choice when visiting Victoria.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Judy E, Executive Assistant to the Managing Director at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear RoadTripper WA,

Thank you so much for your great review. You are so right, we do have rooms and suites with a budget to suit almost everyone and we do have some great specials from time to time, so make sure you bookmark our home page and check in frequently to check out our deals!
It is unfortunate that you found our restaurant a little on the pricy side as our Executive Chef, Takahashi Ito goes to great lengths to source out the very freshest of local ingredients for his superbly created dishes. Nothing is pre-packaged or thawed or microwaved. (I’m not sure we even own a microwave) Everything is freshly created from our kitchen to your table. I hope you will reconsider a visit to AURA the next time you stay with us.

Wishing you a happy and healthy and prosperous 2013
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed December 6, 2012

There for two nights in November for business. Nice views, clean and reasonably well maintained room and property. Staff were helpful and friendly. Only minor annoyance was the left over room service food tray sitting outside a room for 24 hours. Have stayed there before, and will again. Very good value for the price we paid, but the restaurant is overpriced and better off bypassed for one of the other excellent eateries in Victoria. A short walk down the pathway to the Swiftsure at the Days Inn is a much better breakfast option.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Judy E, Exutive Assistant to the Managing Director at Inn at Laurel Point, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Rob A,
Thank you for posting your kind remarks. I am pleased that you have and will make the Inn at Laurel Point your preferred hotel of choice while in Victoria. You are so right, we have well priced rooms and suites for every budget and because we are located on a peninsula, most have views of either the inner or outer harbour.
Our hotel also has one of Victoria's foremost waterfront restaurants, AURA, where fresh, locally grown or raised food is emphasized on every menu. Our Executive Chef Ito and his team prepare some of the finest meals using the freshest seasonal ingredients available and although the prices may be slightly higher that some of the "good old regulars" many will agree that our prices are definitely in line with the quality.
I hope you will change your mind and try us out for breakfast, lunch or dinner - I am positive that you will not be dissappointed with the fabulous flavours of our West Coast fare.

All the best for a wonderful 2013

Judy
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Thanks to some terrific people, we had a wonderful time at Laurel Point. David and Jay helped with gluten free food, and truly went the extra mile.
Nicky and Ryan at the front dest and the guys at Valet were friendly and helpful.

Thank you to everyone for an awesome stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the water.
1 Thank Linda I
Dear Linda I,
Thank you so much for posting your great comments regarding your stay with us. As I replyed to a previous guest, word of mouth is so very important to our success.
It sounds like you had a great time here and that our very hospitable staff took excellent care of you.
As for your gluten free dining, I can tell you that we have a serving staff and Executive Chef who are always more than willing to help out with your dietary requirements when possible.

I do hope you will return again one day for another relaxing and fun experience!

Have a great 2013

Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had a great time here. The hotel was beautiful. The Christmas tree at the entrance was gorgeous. The in room spa services were amazing. The room was definitely worth the upgrade to have a nice view of the harbour. We could see the lights on the Parliament building and the Empress. Dinner at the Aura was great. Amazing food and service. Beautiful view. I would stay here again.

Dear FernMG,

Thanks for posting your lovely comments. As an independant Canadian hotel, word of mouth is so very important to our success.Your lovely words help reinforce our efforts to make each and every guests' experience here a memorable one.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the views, the in room spa treatments (how luxurious hey?) and the dining.
I do hope you will have an other opportunity to slip away to our Inn for a quiet getaway again soon - Valentine's Day is just around the corner (hint hint)

sincerely,

Seattle
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Laurel Point Inn over the holiday weekend for our 2nd anniversary. The Inn is beautifully maintained. The service is incredible. Everyone we interacted with, from the front desk to housekeeping was very attentive. We stayed in a Bedroom Suite that had a separate livingroom and a large patio. We were thrilled to be able to bring our dog and the accomodations worked out perfectly. There are walking trails right outside of the Inn that hug the Inner Harbor waterfront. You can walk right into downtown. The Inn was the perfect location for our trip. I highly recommend the Inn at Laurel Point for your next trip to Victoria, BC!!

Room Tip: Ask for a Bedroom Suite or a Terrace Suite. The rooms are a bit more expensive, but totally worth t...
1 Thank Many_Trees_11_14
Dear Many_Trees_11_14,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your lovely comments. I do hope you have an opportunity to return next year for your 3rd anniversary to enjoy all that we have to offer and to create more fond memories of your life together.
I am also glad that you brought your furry family member with you and that you had an opportunity to explore our walkways and seaside paths. Dogs love vacations too- lots of new smells to smell and sights to see!

All the best for a Happy and Healthy and adventurous 2013