“Great find in Victoria”

Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites
Ranked #22 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is not a 4 star but the rooms are clean the service is great and it it in easy walking distance to downtown and the waterfront is a block and a half away. We stayed here just after Xmas on a travel Zoo voucher free parking and free breakfast--great selection. Great value! We also had drinks and appys in the bar--friendly and efficient service and tasty food!

Room Tip: If you get an ocean view room try and get as high as possible so you can see over the trees and buil...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott_Popovich_RM, Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear hflatt

Thank you very much for your feedback; we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We agree we may not be the highest rated hotel in Victoria but we do provide great value for price paid. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you have a great start to your year.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,007)

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

This is our second time staying here. Making it a family tradition to visit for a night over the Christmas Holiday. Like their "Friends in Need" program, where they give a part of our room payment to charity. Hotel was very nice and clean. Staff were friendly. Our package included buffet breakfast, which was delicious and had a nice variety of foods. They could use a second waffle maker, but wait for that was the only minor inconvenience. Has a nice pool. Our kids love the 8ft deep end. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: December 2012

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback and comments. We were very excited to here you are make your visit to the hotel a family tradition. We are glad you like the hotel’s “Friends in Need” program which donated $10.00 for every room night that stayed between Dec 21 to 27, 2012. I am excited to let you know the hotel rose over $7000.00. Thanks again for your comments and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I got a great deal here on discount website. It is close to the ferry terminal, though a bit of a walk from Victoria attractions. Victoria is a very walk able city so it wasn't a major issue. This hotel is showing its age,..that's why it is available for such a reasonable rate on a discount website. Nice rooms. Good service - they let me leave my bags for no charge after I arrived and before check in. I would definitely stay again. If you are on a romantic weekend, the Empress or another high roller hotel might be he route to go. If you want to have a decent room and put $ toward meals, this is a good bet.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Scott_Popovich_RM, Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear traveloregon

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback and comments. We are very fortunate to have a great relationship with the Victoria Clipper. We believe we make a great pair, especially with being located so close to them. The Clipper is a great way to travel to our beautiful city.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you enjoy the holiday season.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

4 Dots for my overall and mostly positive experience and the good $ rate (through P.A. Victoria Tourism - Bob). Nice location for walking to/from ferry terminal and downtown Victoria; friendly and helpful staff; attractive lobby; clean bed; clean bathroom; neutral to clean overall smell; very roomy (King suite); would have had an excellent overall view (11th floor "ocean" view (really the Strait view) except for an adjacent building that was in the center of and even with my eye-level view), but nice peripheral views to either side).

What kept me from giving 5 Dots - partial view (as described above); dated rooms (i.e., old); dark green carpet had "suspect" stains on it, as did couch and chairs (but that's why I carry Lysol spray w/me!); hair on floors when I entered weren't mine; bedroom balcony glass doors were dirty (when I tried to clean them, lotsa dark, sooty-like stuff was evident); crumbs on a lower kitchen shelf; dirt (small amount) in the handle of the fridge; frying pan handle loose (I tightened with a butter knife); floor fan I requested rattled (I fixed it by taking off the blade guard and tightening the central hub that holds the blades to the shaft); bedroom balcony doors rattled from wind; single balcony chair was dirty (looked like soot); occasional noise from neighbors (main door on unit was not tight (i.e., lotsa light showed around the frame and especially the bottom of the door, plus this door rattled from the wind also - resolved rattling by wedging folding paper between door and jam).

For the price, I found my off-season experience well worth it. I would stay here again, making sure I had a room to either side of the southern building that was partially blocking my view. If staying on the harbor side, I'd make sure my room was at least on the 8th floor or above. And I'd bring my Swiss Army knife w/me to make any needed repairs (assuming they'd let them through customs!!!)! Love ya Victoria! Never had a visit yet that wasn't great!! I'll be back!!

Room Tip: For a good view to the south (Strait), get an eastern or western room, not in the center. For a good...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Scott_Popovich_RM, Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Jim J

Thank you very much for your feedback; we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We were glad to hear overall you enjoyed your stay. I was a little surprised to hear about your concerns with the room. I will be sure to discuss with our Maintenance and Housekeeping teams. Thanks again for your feedback and we do hope to see you again soon.

Have a great holiday season.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was on business in Victoria nearby and needed to spend three weeks in Victoria. I spent my first week in the Harbour Towers and was disappointed by the small size of my room. The pictures on the website were deceiving. The room was clean, the service was excellent, I just prefer a larger space, especially if I'm in a hotel for a long duration. I ended up booking the other two weeks at a different hotel which offered a full suite at the same price as my standard room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Scott_Popovich_RM, Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback; I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments even though I was saddened to read of your disappointment with the size of the room. The hotel does have extended stay rates. Unfortunately, I do not know if you were offered them. I will be sure to follow up with the team to make sure they offer our guest these special extended stay rates.

Nevertheless, we hope you enjoyed your time in Victoria, a spectacular city indeed. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just a short walk from the harbour, parliament buildings and to oceanside this was a great place for our weekend stay. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and the room and hotel were spotless. Everything was well thought out for guests such as the express checkout which was very easy and just a simple drop-off on the way to the parking lot. The hotel is certainly not new but our room was perfectly clean, had everything we needed including a beautiful view over the harbour. The price was right and we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the west side for the view of the harbour.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott_Popovich_RM, Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear wcroyal

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback and comments. We were excited to read that you enjoyed your stay and believe you got good value. We do agree with you that we are not the newest hotel in town however; the hotel does take pride in giving great services and providing great value for our guests.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon maybe for a little last minute Christmas shopping????

Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is our second time at Harbour Towers in 2 years. It is not a fancy hotel, but it is very well priced, in a great location, rooms are spacious , comfortable and very clean, and it has a friendly, helpful, efficient staff...no regrets!

Room Tip: Some rooms in higher floors have excellent views. Take advantage of the "web special".
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Scott_Popovich_RM, Manager at Harbour Towers Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback; we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stays at the hotel. Taking advantage of our web special is a great tip. We agree with you it gives you great value.

We hope to see you again soon.