“Very satisfactory.”

Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Very satisfactory.”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I was at this hotel for three nights on business. Rooms were clean, comfy, and adequately sized. Quiet too. Didn't use the pool. The location is quite good as all my business was downtown within a ten minute walk, right past the Parliament Buildings of the provincial government.

Staff were very pleasant and helpful. I needed to make a few conference calls and despite not having a biz center they let me use their bar/lounge. The restaurant staff kindly kept me supplied with coffee.

Wifi in the rooms of the Tower section only! But it worked great.

Nice restaurant for breakfast and lunch only, but good food.

I will use this hotel again. Good value, location, and condition.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Radamandlisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed in early May for 2 nights to go whale watching. Location is great, short walk to the harbour but outside of downtown. Was perfect for us to be able to go for a run from the hotel without having to contend with downtown traffic or people.
Staff were friendly and helpful, we requested a room change due to the bed being far too soft and it was done without any issue at all - much appreciated.
The room was clean and spacious with the only thing missing being a small fridge, but I'm not sure if that's normal in Canadian hotels.
The hotel has a coin operated laundry facility available which is very convenient.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2012

When I got here from the US they have me the keys to the room. I brought my fiancé here to have some fun with here on business. When we got to the room it smelled like mildew and looked like a cheap motel room with furniture that was cheap from the 80's...scratched up and dirty and when you pull out drawers they fall out. I immediately went to the front desk and complained and asked for a new room. They took me to an " upgraded room" which had the same small and same crappy bed.. I mean it was the type of bed where you can feel the springs in your back...really. I was very unhappy so they moved me to another room that had a kitchenette.... Same crappy beds.... But I had to take it as it " was their last room". On our next to last am they call us at night saying that we have to check out of that room and check into a new room... I was a bit upset because now for the second time I had to pack up all of my stuff and move... I called them back that night and was concerned I bought 50$ in salmon and food to cook as a pre mothers day meal...they told me that the room had a kitchenette and it would be no problems. So I packed up and moved all my luggage and the food in the fridge to the new room. Well after a long day I come back to the room and lay out all of my food....but there was no pans or pots... I called the front desk and they told me that this room was not allowed to use the stove at all because the fan is broken. I told them that my fiance and i have not eaten at all... He says that he upgraded me and the range not working is irrelevant because my original room didn't have a stove...I told him that this should have been told to me when they moved me into this room as we did say we had food to cook. He argued with me very rudely and said that they would do oohing to help me... Then he says if you don't like it you can check out right now.. I t was 945 at night....omg... What is going on! I advised him that I travel a lot and this was a surprise that this hotel would not help me....HE SAYS "WELL IF YOU TRAVEL ALOT THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE READ THE REVIEWS ON OUR HOTEL before you booked. The duty manager I spoke to was Travis . This is the whole reason why at 1030 at night I am writing this review. My fiancé and me are going hungry and I have 50$+ in food that I have to leave here that is going to go bad. This is the worst experience that I have ever had. I should have stayed in the days inn. I AM NOT LYING THE BEDS HERE ARE THE WORST AND THE REVIEWS THAT SAY THAT THE BEDS ARE COMFY... THOSE PEOPLE MUST HAVE BEEN SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR THEIR WHOLE LIFE.... IM NOT A COMPLAINER BUT THIS HAD TO BE SAID.. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE EVER.....I FEEL LIKE SUCH A SUCKER..I SHOUD NEVER HAVE BOOKED THIS.... DON'T MAKE MY MISTAKE

Room Tip: I saw 3 rooms and all of them had really uncomfortable beds and 2 of them smelled like mildew
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank brianandmaddy
Blacksquirrel2010, General Manager at Embassy Inn, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Brian and Maddy,

We were sorry to see your comments on Trip Advisor. We always try to do the best for our guests as you are the reason we are in business. I was aware on your check in that you were unsatisfied with the type of room that you had booked and due to the length of stay that I witnessed I approved your upgraded move to the 475 sq. ft suite complete with a full kitchen that we moved you to. I am also witness to the Desk Clerk advising you of a move on the last nights stay at the date this suite was offered to you.. Embassy Inn does not advertise itself as a posh 4 or 5 star hotel. Our motto is the most affordable Inner Harbour Hotel, one thing that we are known for is the cleanliness of our rooms and this can be observed on any booking site remarks. On your last day at the hotel when we moved you to another room, which was again a suite, my Housekeeper came to me in tears concerning the state of the room you were departing and I visited this suite and observed the damaged kitchen equipment etc., at this time it was appropriate that no more complimentary kitchen equipment would be put into the suite you would be moving into for 1 night.

Should you have any problems with this response or require further clarification from me, please feel free to call me on the hotel toll free line at 1 800 268 8161

Dee Gray
Manager
North America
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We visited the Embassy Inn for 2 nights as part of a trip to Victoria to try a different room/suite hotel from our usual haunt. The price was right, the room was clean, the bed comfortable and the staff friendy. The location is excellent since it is just behind the legislature and steps away from the harbour. It is a basic type of place, no frills in the room we were in, so my "excellent" rating reflects the value for the price - not the perks included in the room! All in all- The Embassy was OK, but we will go back to our usual haunt!

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor facing the harbour for the best view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank suitscase
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Nice room, very good value for price, free parking in downtown is impossible to find! Great location, so near everything and easy to walk. When we checked in, the front desk staff member admitted that he was new and had to ask a supervisor for an answer to a question we had, but was so friendly and helpful that it didn't matter! Nice breakfasts in restaurant.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed September 13, 2011

For our first ever trip to Victoria BC, We were lucky enough to snag a last-minute room at the Embassy Inn for Labor Day weekend. It wasn't our first choice, but it was the best choice for the price on a busy weekend. We were pleasantly surprised. The room is nothing special or huge, but it was roomy enough for 2 adults and was ABSOLUTELY IMMACULATE! Probably the cleanest hotel room I have ever seen. The location couldn't be beat for those who want to do Victoria on foot. We were in the tower and the balcony was a nice extra. It wasn't a great view, but the weather was so pleasant that we were able to have the windows open all night for fresh air. The breakfast is a bit spendy if you are on a budget, but its worth it not to have to search for something to get you started in the mornings. The staff was very friendly and even held our luggage for us on the day we checked out as we were taking a later ferry back home. There is an outdoor pool that looked fairly nice, but we did not have time to enjoy it this trip. We will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: ROOM TIP: ask for a room AWAY from the elevators or closets that hold the pop machines. The pop ma...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DoofersMama
Jamestown, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 31, 2011

This property was easy to get too once we got off the ferry. It is within walking distance of most of the attractions and shopping. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was not included, and was a bit pricey, but was very good. We had a room on the side with a large parking lot and farmers market. Not a great view, but very quiet.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family