“Very pleased with this hotel”
Review of Hotel Rialto

Hotel Rialto
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We weren't sure what it would be like as the price was very reasonable for a downtown hotel close to the centre of things. When we entered the reception area our spirits were raised by the excellent decor and artwork and general air of refinement. The front desk staff were very helpful thoughout our visit. The room was very clean, well equipped and very comfortable. We enjoyed the complimentary pastry and coffee breakfast each day but did not try their tapas restaurant as we were out every evening.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Well located, clean, friendly, good value. Not super fancy but very nice! Ok so the welcome cheese plate and roasted garlic might mean I'm now bias but hey what can I say they won me over. Friendly front desk and good service all around. No room service but the in lobby wonderful restaurant will set you up for good take away set ups.

Select the green option, they don't clean your room but you get an extra 20$ of food free, I dint pick this option... I like my sheets tucked when I travel.... lol

it is right on the street so it you are a light sleeper you may want to use the ear plugs they provide.... I never needed them!

Really enjoyed it and would stay again happily.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed at the Rialto May 30 - June 2, 2014. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The hotel's rooms were well appointed, clean and very quiet. We were impressed with their "green" option to forgo room servicing daily for a ten dollar credit/day. The food in the restaurant was excellent.

There was a liquor store right next door with and excellent selection of wines and they offered a ten percent discount for hotel guests.

Room Tip: We had the junior queen suite. It was very roomy and included a sink, fridge, and microwave.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jjmarconi
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed for two nights in a Superior Queen room. It was clean and well furnished but a little small. The bathroom was well equipped but there was no tub. The central downtown location allowed easy walking access to the main central attractions. There was a little street noise but not really a problem. Staff were cordial and knowledgeable. The room rate was excellent and the breakfast coupons and the cheese tray voucher made it an even better value. We would definitely stay at Hotel Rialto on our next visit. If staying more than two nights, I would recommend upgrading to a larger room.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Gary C
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Rialto for 5 nights as I was at a conference. The location is great and easy walking distance to everything downtown. I was given a suite due to some mixup in my reservation and that was amazing. It was huge, clean and convenient. I requested a quiet room so no view (except outside walls) which made it a bit dark but it was my choice to choose quiet over view. It was very comfortable and quiet (except Sunday morning when I hear pounding music very early in the morning). The staff were very good particularly the night desk clerk who checked me in. There were minor problems - things missing or not working - but for the most part those were corrected quite quickly. The coupons for breakfast were great - each day I got some different pastry and each one was delicious and I had juice to take with me. Due to timing I didn't use the restaurant or lounge. I didn't get the free cheese plate but I saw someone get his and it looked very good. If you can, do visit the Public Market down the road - great variety of food. Chinatown and Silk Road are so interesting. It was great to walk different routes to the Convention Centre every day and explore different streets and see different places. I would stay here again and well worth the cost - particularly with the lovely suite. Do try to get to "Red Fish Blue Fish" at the harbour. Amazing fish and chips.

Room Tip: I went with an inside room so denied a view and natural light but it was quiet. The restaurant and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank ChristineAnn
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed for four nights in a Superior King room on the fourth floor. The room was beautiful, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was well equipped with a huge tub, double sinks and a stand-up shower. The location was perfect - easy walking distance for lots of tourist attractions downtown. There was a bit of noise at night from seagulls and other birds; however the hotel provides earplugs to help with this issue. We didn't hear anything from the rooms next door. The staff was very friendly, helpful and able to make recommendations about things to do in the area. Both the cheese plate and coffee/pastry breakfast were tasty. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or to recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MMC761
Rob C, Director of Sales at Hotel Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Sounds like you stayed in one of our Romance Kings...one of my favourites. Very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Sincerely.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in April 2014.

The location was central - a short walk of a few blocks from the harbour and the heart of downtown. The rooms were well-appointed, tastefully furnished, and the amenities, such as the heated floor and the bathrobes were appreciated. Noise was not a problem, but I did note the included ear plugs in case they were.

Value was enormous. Not only were the room rates reasonable, but vouchers for a pastry/coffee or a discount towards a hot breakfast were given every morning, and there was a voucher for a cheese plate in the lounge as well (that I did not get the chance to use, unfortunately).

Overall, it was a beautiful hotel, a comfortable stay, in a central location, for a very reasonable price. Would strongly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Iclaprim
Rob C, Director of Sales at Hotel Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Hi there,

Thanks for letting others know about us, we appreciate you taking the time to do so and hope you can return soon.

Rob