“Great stay at Hotel Rialto!”
Review of Hotel Rialto

Hotel Rialto
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Bethel, Maine
“Great stay at Hotel Rialto!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I traveled with only our bicycles and by ferry from Port Angeles, USA. The hotel was easy to find and the staff gave us a warm welcome. We were quite pleased with the room, it was very clean and well appointed. We had a room on Douglas Street which did have some street noise but not enough to bother us. The Cafe Veneto on the first floor was an added bonus. The morning coffee and breakfast was excellent, as was our complementary cheese plate. Hotel Rialto is in an excellent location for exploring Victoria, we would definitely stay there again. I did not rate the room service because we chose to go green for our stay. The hotel offered an incentive for going green, which resulted in a discounted breakfast at the cafe one morning.

1 Thank PVR75

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edmonton
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Hotel Rialto. The location of the hotel is perfect and right in the middle of everything. The staff were warm and welcoming. Our room was very nice, bed was comfortable. Loved the heated floors in the bathroom. The restaurant has the best coffee in the world and the food was also great. The tapas bar is so chic and a great spot for a night cap. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bothell
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My first trip to Victoria was an amazing one, and it had much to do with our stay at Hotel Rialto. Once becoming accquainted with the city, this hotel was pretty much within walking distance and/or a short drive to wherever we wanted to go. The staff was friendly, helpful and very informative. The rooms were super posh. I loved the pillows so much I came home and ordered a set myself! The things we loved about this hotel was the secured parking area. It was $15 a day, but it was well worth it. Also, they have a "Go Green" system where you can save $10 a day if you choose not do have house keeping come in. They provided enough towels and toilet paper that we didn't need them at all during our stay, but we did have them come once in the four nights we were there. Veneto was a lounge located downstairs of the hotel. During check-in we received a free cheese plate during our stay. Trust me when I say this...the food is amazing!!! We had amazing tapas and drinks two out of the three nights in Victoria! We were also greeted with morning breakfast downstairs - a free drink and a pastry if we were on the go, or $3 off each of a main breakfast item. We ate full size breakfasts each morning and the Lemon/Blueberry French Toast saw my stomache at least twice while I was there - not to mention their amazing Cranberry/Granola. Besides eating, sight-seeing and sleeping the best I have in years - we will return and when we do, we'll be staying here again.

1 Thank Kari J
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2013

All things considered we would stay at the hotel again but it wasn't perfect. Our room was very small. It had room for the queen sized bed but not enough room for two nightstands. Instead there was one nightstand on one side of the bed and a small fridge on the other. The hum of the fridge was not conducive to a good night's sleep even with the ear plugs. We brought the room size up with the front desk and were told that all the rooms are the same size. (Not true! I don't like to be lied to.)
However, the bed was comfortable and I loved the large soaker tub. The location of the hotel was excellent and easy to find. We were greeted by staff every time we came into the hotel and everything was very clean.
I would stay at this hotel again but would make sure we stayed in a different room.

1 Thank backroads_wandering
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The king size room wasn't as big as we were promised although we had a wonderfully sized bathroom with soaker tub. Very comfy bed but we were shuffling passed each other to move around it. Yummy cheese plate but you're brought down to pick it up with the feeling that you should purchase more or be back later. Hospitable front staff. Odd parking lot a block away. Tasty breakfast in the mornings. I don't think if spend 180$ a night here again though...

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
british columbia
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had a long day and had just found the hotel (a little difficult for me). Upon entering the hotel, I was greeted with smiles. Maureen, after listening to my parking plight, offered to come with me to park my car in their secure parking lot. Wonderful! She helped my mom, daughter and I pack our stuff to the hotel. Then she sent up cheese/cracker tray so we had something to nibble on before we went for dinner. It was 7:30pm or so. The room was clean, bathrobes too! Beds were comfy. The staff were all fabulous. From the front desk to the café/bar to the maid in the hallway! I would definitely stay here again! It is in a great, central location too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We picked hotel realto because we wanted a special treat. Thr room was so pretty. Hotel is done up so nice. We were treated very well and sad we didnt have time to drop into tapas lounge with our free sample card they gave us. The hotel was quiet and area felt safe and easy to get to everything. The only tiny negative would be the basic room that i chose was small. Cant really complain though it was very well appointed and heated floor in bathroom was nice.

• Stayed October 2013