“Little perks matter”
Review of Hotel Rialto

Hotel Rialto
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Rialto hotel is located at an excellent location downtown and very convenient for those who are walking around or taking transit.
Customer service of the staff was exceptional and the go green option of receiving a ten dollar credit for every night you don't request housekeeping is an added bonus. We were able to combine it with a twenty five dollar credit at the tapas lounge which we received simply for being a guest. One of our dinner meals ended up being practically free due to this credit. We also received a free pastry and hot drink every morning which was enough for helping us start our day. All these perks added to the value and experience of staying at the Rialto. Great value for our money.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank minkina
There are newer reviews for Hotel Rialto

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel Rialto is off the main drag but less than a 10 minute walk to the front of the Empress Hotel downtown. I was surprised to find two rooms, a fully stocked kitchenette, two flat screens, large bathroom and very cozy bed. It's beautifully decorated, quiet, even across from the ice machine (couldn't hear it from the bedroom but made me jump in the living room). Helpful staff, fantastic complimentary cheese and nut plate and amazing breakfasts. Would stay here on every visit.
I even left a piece of jewelry behind and they found it and sent it back to me. Can't say enough, loved my stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and you won't hear a thing-facing Chinatown.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Debbie W
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place is really neat. Walking distance to Chinatown and the Inner Harbor (touristy Victoria is pretty small) but a step away from all the hubbub. Rialto is about 10 downhill blocks to the Fairmont Empress and the bus depot. The Queen room I got had a microwave(!) and coffeemaker, but no safe (front desk said its because Victoria is very safe). Wine shop next door lets you use the wine glasses that the hotel provides. Modern decor and flat screen TV in the room. Not super luxurious or spacious, but OK for the price and very clean. Hotel also provided ear plugs -- I used them and had no problems sleeping (I did ask for a quiet room). The front desk's Michael was super helpful when I asked about going straight to Butchart Gardens from the ferry. Front desk and cafe staff were nice and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank iamliesl
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights because of the other reviews of this hotel. The pros: location, cleanliness, modern, free parking, free breakfast, discount for going green, staff. The cons: noise level (they do provide earplugs), size of our room "superior queen" was TINY - just beware if you're expecting something larger, and that's it. In regard to going green, if you forego maid service, they give you a $10 credit for each day you forego it. This can be applied to any charges to your room in the restaurants or your total bill. The Veneto Tapa lounge is the best - have the pork belly slider if they're still on the menu and DEFINITELY sit at the bar. The bartenders are master mixologists and we could hardly believe we were there for 3 hours. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I went to Victoria for our 10th wedding anniversary and she could not have picked a better hotel than the Rialto! It is perfectly located within walking distance of both Chinatown and the harbor. In terms of service I would say that this was the best experience that I have ever had! All of the staff were friendly and helpful and the room was clean and comfortable. We ate at the restaurant and the food was very good. The complimentary pastry and coffee each morning was great as we could grab a coffee and a pastry and head out touring. The wine and cheese platter is a nice touch and the $10 per night credit for not using maid service bought us our last morning's hot breakfast.

I know that the comfort of beds is subjective, but take it from someone who suffers from chronic back pain, the beds and pillows are amazing.

I would definitely stay at the Rialto again and I have already recommended it to many couples looking to go to Victoria for a getaway weekend.

Great Job Rialto! Way to set the standard!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John S
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Rialto in Victoria on our way to Tofino and what a delightful surprise. Its a small boutique hotel with a very large presence! The rooms are comfortable and spacious. The front desk staff are very cordial and professional. The hotel restaurant is TO DIE FOR! We were very travel weary so we just went downstairs for a bite. Just amazing food and service.

I will absolutely recommend this hotel and restaurant to all of my friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Suzyqdegs
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This really is a great hotel... fabulous contemporary rooms with beautifully appointed bathrooms...

The staff are helpful and friendly and we really enjoyed our 1 night stay here, but were glad it was just a single night as we are light sleepers and the location is noisy (road noise and late night reveler noise!).

The hotel provides earplugs, but you need better ones (get the wax ones from a pharmacy) if you are a light sleeper... once we'd put in decent earplugs we slept fine :-)

Apart from the noise, this is a great hotel and we'd certainly recommend and would come back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends