“Last minute”

Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Perth, Australia
“Last minute”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Rialto for 1 night. Located right in the middle of Victoria. One word fantastic, bed and pillows very comfortable. The room though small had all we needed, ie fridge and microwave. The bathroom is modern and was spotless. Staff also wonderful. Restaurant downstairs, meals very good. Paid parking but that was ok with us. Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alan_muzzy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Victoria, BC
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed with Hotel Rialto during a one-night getaway from our home an hour north of Victoria. It was our first night away from our 8-month old so it was kind of a big deal. We booked a room with the Residents Package (which came with a $30 voucher at Veneto) and when we got there the Guest Services Manager upgraded us to the King Suite, which was palatial. The staff was amazing (Maureen Kelly is our hero) and the hotel itself is a hidden gem. Very classy and modern without being pretentious or intimidating. Veneto in the hotel makes food that is unbelievably good. It is worth the stay in itself. I think Hotel Rialto is one of the best deals in town and we will stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: Get room 112 if you can. It's like having your own apartment.
1 Thank Hokemon
Portland, Maine
Reviewed July 2, 2013

When we entered the Rialto we were pleased by the "boutique" look and feel. The staff was excellent in getting us settled and in providing any information about the city. The Rialto was in an excellent location in Victoria. Our room was as good as any 4 star boutique hotel that we have stayed at in Boston. It was large with a microwave, refrigerator, wall mounted TV and the bathroom had heated floors. We applaud their GO GREEN program which not only encourages you to re-use your towels and linen, but rewards you with a $10 credit per night for each day you choose to participate. We enjoyed a complimentary cheese plate in the downstairs Veneto Tapa Lounge, and the accompanying dinner was excellent. They also gave you a ticket for a free beverage and pastry in the cafe each morning. All this and the price was great. I will return to the Rialto if I am ever in Victoria.

Room Tip: The rooms on the CIty Hall side of the building have a better view.
2 Thank SteveC_194942
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a recent stay at the Hotel Rialto, everything was beyond our expectations. The staff at every level were keen to make any request a priority, from the arrival process with good advice for parking to polite and engaged greetings, to compimentary ( really good) cheese plate. Our room was really lovely, spacious, bright with elegant comtemporary design, really nice bathroom with large soaker tub. Bed was very comfortable, room was quiet and robes are always a welcome touch. The aesthetic of the hotel was very pleasing. Complimentary beverage and pastry in the morning - again very pleasant staff- very good Americano.

We will definately be back and will not hestitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rely on the staff to help you choose a good room, we wanted a quiet room, the staff recommended the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joy S
LIons Bay, British Columbia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We booked the Rialto Hotel based on excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and were very pleased. The location was fabulous! The parking that was offered (valet, I believe) was quite expensive but we were able to park on the street for free in the evening until 9 a.m. then move the car to an all day garage. With a bit of planning it really wasn't an issue. The hotel is centrally located, clean and quiet and we were within easy walking distance to great restaurants, the theatres and Inner Harbour. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful and the vouchers for free coffee and pastry each morning were an added bonus. The room was small but nicely appointed and very comfortable for the two of us. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it for a single traveller or a couple.

Room Tip: Based on another review we had read, we asked for a quiet room that faced away from the street. We...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank footlooseRwe
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Rialto was a gem to discover in the heart of downtown Victoria. I was on a business trip and needed to be able to get to the BC Cancer Agency and to UVIC. The Rialto was steps from public transportation and also offered me a chance to walk through downtown. It is close to many food choices / shopping / entertainment! The Rialto is clean, has an initiative-based green/sustainability program, has a modern flair and has a fantastic lounge area. And best of all, it was affordable! Very helpful staff - I highly recommend the Rialto!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank AlanBigelow
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Hotel Rialto is an amazing boutique hotel. Rooms that are straight out of a designer's magazine, excellent service and staff, good location in downtown Victoria, and an unbelievable price for an upscale place.

We were looking for a nice place close to downtown, somewhere we could relax after a few days of travelling, and the Rialto was perfect. We booked a month or two ahead of time and got a corner room on the top floor, looking out at the old City Hall clocktower across the way. Ultra-modern bathroom, comfortable king-size bed, flat-screen TV, free wi-fi, lots of towels and friendly, helpful service. Complimentary breakfast vouchers and another for a cheese plate at the award-winning tapas restaurant downstairs.

One problem was the street noise. The Rialto is the only hotel I've ever checked into where complimentary ear plugs are offered on the bedside table. Even on the 4th floor, five stories above the street, there was sufficient traffic noise to wake us up repeatedly. I chose to wear the earplugs, but my wife had a restless night.

The only downside (and forgive me for pointing this out), was a lack of parking. When I first called, I was told the hotel has some parking available, but that it filled up fast. As an alternate, I was told there was more parking just half a block away. With our handicapped sticker, we arrived to check in and pulled into a disabled spot a few steps from the lobby door. However, when I asked about parking, I was given a map directing me to a public parkade a block and a half away. I repeated what I'd been told when I made the booking and was told that, unfortunately, the closer lot was full. With mobility limited to about 50 metres, I told the desk clerks that parking there would be a problem. The best they could do for me was to send out a staff member to help carry in the bags, but other than that I was on my own. I wound up plugging the parking meter in the disabled spot to get through until the 6:00PM cutoff when parking became free, then I had to make a point of getting back to the car to move to a regular public spot at 6:00 (to avoid a $150.00 ticket) then picking it up the next morning before the parking fees kicked in at 9:00AM. I repeated the same drill the next night and in spite of paying out a lot of coins to the meters, I managed to avoid getting a ticket. The only solution I can see is that the Rialto start a valet parking program. In the meantime, I would warn anyone else with a mobility problem to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Look for corner rooms close to the elevators if you want a good view of the surrounding area. The on...