“Old World Charm - New World Amenities”
Review of Hotel Rialto

Hotel Rialto
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Tastefully redecorated old building in an excellent downtown location. Large rooms were well appointed with high ceilings and well chosen fixtures. Hotel includes a breakfast/lunch bistro and a vibrant tapas bar/restaurant. Great place for business and/or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2013
5  Thank DBIT
Write a ReviewReviews (1,600)

Reviewed February 14, 2013

When I arrived, I was promptly greeted. He asked if I had had dinner as it was the dinner hour, recomended a choice of places, asked about my return to the airport the next day and arranged transport for me by the time I reached my room. The room was clean, bathroom large, had easily accessible computer ports and chargers. Very Modern.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Dawn N
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business. We were facing Douglas Street. It was extremely noisy ALL NIGHT with people yelling, police car sirens, and activity. There are quite a few homeless people on this street. It was one of the few "worst sleeps" I have had. I guess I should have clued-in when I saw the "complimentary ear plugs" on my night stand. :(
On a brighter note, the hotel is beautiful and it is very clean.
If you stay, request a court yard room. It may be a bit quieter. You will definitely want your rest if you are on business.

Room Tip: Without my sleep, I cannot add "value or sleep quality" to this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Babs073
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was initially attracted to the hotel by the name, as I was recently in Venice, Italy. The central location of this hotel to the waterfront, downtown and an assortment of great restaurants was perfect, as we did not have a car. Upon arrival in Victoria, after a long day of travel, we were pleasantly surprised by the very clean and modernly furnished rooms. The sheets were crisp and the bed was super comfy! The rooms are not huge, but were more than adequate for 2 people. After a good night sleep, we went downstairs for our complimentary breakfast which was a very fresh muffin and latte, just perfect. The staff at the front desk and in the restaurant were super friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Picked the Rialto because it was a 10 minute walk to Save on Memorial Center. Was very pleasantly surprised.Room was lovely and very clean. Breakfast was also good and service excellent. Have already booked for next time.

2  Thank Jeanne P
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I decided on a last minute trip to Victoria this weekend and took a chance booking this hotel as I'd never heard of it before. We were pleasantly surprised with the building, staff and the rooms. The rooms are well appointed and clean. My only comments are that internet service was sketchy, and there was no mini bar. We will definitely stay there again.

1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I loved everything about this hotel, the room was so nicely decorated and comfortable. The bathroom was clean, huge and I especially loved the amazing roomy bathtub. The location and friendly staff made it the perfect one night getaway and I would go back there in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Diana T