“One of the nicest hotel experiences I've ever had”
Review of Hotel Rialto

Hotel Rialto
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Toronto, Canada
“One of the nicest hotel experiences I've ever had”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was greeted at reception by someone who asked how my journey had been. He noted that I'd requested a room on the top floor and at the back of the hotel (which I'd read on trip advisor would be quiet), and that they'd accommodated that request. And it was very quiet! He gave me tickets for continental breakfast in their cafe, which I had been expecting, but also a very nice surprise--a ticket for a complimentary cheese plate from their tapas lounge. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable, with a nice kitchenette and work station. I noticed that if I declined maid service, I would be given a $10 credit to spend in the tapas lounge. So a glass of wine, as well as a generous plate of cheese, crackers, nuts and dried cranberries, was on the house. All this for $85. What really made the experience special was not so much the lovely facilities and great value, but the fact that every member of staff took a moment to exchange pleasantries, from the inquiry about my journey to Victoria to the guy quickly serving me my breakfast to go so I could catch my ferry who asked if I was heading home, and where that was, and wished me a safe trip. Sadly, this personal touch is all too rare today, and I, for one, really appreciated it. It just made me write my first review. They deserve me taking the time. Well done and thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank MeginToronto_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We usually stay at another hotel in Victoria but so glad we tried Rialto. Everything was fantastic. Service, room, the cafe, the location & Veneto tapas lounge. The staff were so friendly & went out of their way to offer assistance. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank davitdigstravel
Nanaimo, BC
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very nice boutique hotel in great location. Staff were very helpful and accomodating. The renovated room was very comfortable and nicely appointed. Breakfast was delicious and very reasonable. Restaurant was closed for private event the night we were there so didn't try for dinner. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Nowanislander
Vancouver
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Rialto this last weekend while in Victoria and had an excellent stay. This hotel has just had an extensive remodel and they have done a good job. I also received vouchers for a welcome cheese plate at the restaurant and for breakfast. The room was lovely and very clean. It came with only a shower but that wasn't a problem for me. The food was excellent all weekend long. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: I hade a Double Queen
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank cpettem
Cumberland, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I am sorry to say that my stay at the Hotel Rialto was very fleeting. I was supposed to stay for 3 days but had to cut my trip short. So I was only able to indulge in the lovely surroundings and accommodations for one evening. Staff was extremely helpful immediately upon my arrival. Offering up vouchers redeemable for a quickie but yummy breakfast of a scone,muffin, or pastry every morning accompanied by coffee. Also vouchers for an awesome gym just a short walk away.

Accommodations themselves were very quaint,clean, and charming. A mix of modern and artisan decor in the rooms topped by opulent white marble and glass bathrooms.

Beds are unbelievably comfortable and quite pretty. A true boutique hotel in all of its elegance. Best of all this hotel is smack in the centre of downtown, close to local eateries, fast food joints, and a 2 min stroll away from the Mall. Unbeatable right? Did I mention the prices are INCREDIBLY reasonable and well worth the price for something attractive, clean, and beyond zen.

Great staff overall, very friendly, sincere, and willing to please.Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: if your an elite booking.com member, upgrades for you!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank CurlyHair g
Seattle
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel was recently renovated and it's lovely. Very modern rooms, nice appointments. The rooms are chic and the bed and bedding is super comfortable.
We stayed in a king suite on a package with complimentary champagne, cheese plate, breakfast coffee/muffins. Wow - it was a great deal. And we were treated wonderfully throughout the stay. There was a young woman at the front desk (spanish accent) who was especially helpful and welcoming.
We ate at the very popular and busy tapas restaurant. Had a less great experience there. First night had drinks ($11 CAD each - New York prices) and the service was disappointly unfriendly and poor. Second night ate dinner and had friendly, but somewhat rushed, service. The food, however, is interested and quite tasty.
Highly recommended boutique hotel within walking distance of everything in the downtown/inner harbor area.
PS - we are a GLBT couple and no issues whatsoever (i.e., no obnoxious "do you want separate beds" at check-in)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Experience_Bliss
Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Upon check-in, I discovered that I was upgraded to a "Jr King Suite" free-of-charge.

The hotel is located in the heart of downtown Victoria, which is perfect, because you have the opportunity to visit all the best of what Victoria has to offer.

The cocktail bar that connected to the hotel "The Veneto" offers the best cocktails in the city. I'm not just saying that, I know they do because I've been living in the city for 3 and 1/2 years. (See my review on "The Veneto" here on "TripAdvisor")

Before any of my guests came up to visit me in my room, the staff phoned me in my room and verified if that particular person was in fact, a friend of mine. Once verified, he then escorts the guest to the elevator.

For your morning Breakfast, there's a cute little Cafe that you can eat at. Boy, do they ever serve up a mean Eggs Benny!
The reception will give you discount coupons to save you 3$ off your meal.

Room Tip: They offer Government discount.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business