“Perfect Victoria Hotel”
Review of Hotel Rialto

Hotel Rialto
Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I travel a lot. I stay in hotels a lot. But I have not had as pleasant an experience in years as my wife and I had at the Rialto in Oct 2012. The staff were friendly and helpful - even enthusiastic. The hotel is in an older character building, but the interior renovations are very good. The room was tasteful and well appointed. Not just proper glasses, but a couple of wine glasses and a corkscrew as well. The location is excellent - a few blocks to pretty much anything you need. The restaurant/lounge/coffee shop were all excellent and treated my wife's food sensitivities well. I can't think of much they could do to improve it - not sure if it had a gym, but I wasn't in the mood for using one anyway!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YodaBC

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We booked the Rialto Hotel for one night in October and were delighted with our choice. We read the reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. Free cheese and crackers after 5.00pm plus a $3.00 voucher off a hot breakfast, which by the way was absolutely great. It's not as close to the town centre as some hotels but if you don't mind a walk it's fine. For China Town it's very convenient. Parking is $15.00/day and it's a secure parking lot a block away. It is a friendly, beautifully clean hotel. We totally recommend the Rialto, we don't think you'll be disappointed.

Room Tip: Higher room is probably better, we were on the 3rd floor (out of 4!). The hotel does provide ear pl...
2  Thank Wendy W
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Hotel Rialto was a fantastic place to stay during my vacation to Victoria. It is conveniently located to almost anything you would want to do or see in Victoria proper. It is just a couple of blocks from Chinatown, an easy walk to pretty much everything, including wonderful shopping and all sorts of great restaurants.

The best part of the hotel is the staff. They are incredibly friendly and helpful and take a genuine interest in their guests. The front desk staff is very welcoming and always ready to offer suggestions as to places to visit and things to do, as well as to offer recommendations for places to eat. One staff person went out of his way to help me with a particularly thorny computer issue, saving me lots of time, energy, and money. After a few days, you almost have the feeling of being family.

The rooms, while a little small, are very comfortable, well-appointed, and offer a quiet place of respite, despite being on a busy street. I never heard any street noise or sounds from neighboring rooms.

The attached bar and restaurant has a nice atmosphere, great drinks, and wonderful tapas dishes. A great place to relax after a long day. And like the hotel, has a friendly and helpful staff.

Overall, Hotel Rialto is a terrific place to stay while visiting Victoria.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank mkfincher
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a cracking boutique hotel. Absolutely great modern decor, the rooms are wonderful. The breakfast pastries and coffees are great and the service is excellent. It is walking distance from the Inner Harbour and right beside Government Street. In fact, I struggle to find fault with this hotel. Without a shadow of a doubt, I would stay again if in Victoria.

On a separate note, I highly recommend the Pig BBQ joint restaurant, the pulled pork sandwich is the best sandwich I have ever had.

4  Thank 7ericcantona
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband arranged for us to spend 2 nights in this hotel for our 40th Anniversary. We went over from Port Angeles, Wa. The real highlight for us was/is the concierge (MKM) who not only helped up upgrade to a queen suite, but made reservations for us for our dinner (after calling around for other recommended restaurants). The queen suite was beautiful, continental breakfast or $off full breakfast, coupon for cheese platter at their restaurant were all enjoyable. It is a bit of a walk to the downtown activities, but worth it; it's renovations are being completed.

4  Thank T S
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I travel to Victoria for work quite often and I love to stay at The Rialto. The recently completed renovation is beautiful. The rooms are large and the modern conversion is elegant and still retains the heritage character. The service is always attentive and the food in the Veneto restaurant is supurb. I love the coffee in the cafe in the mornings. I will be sure to return on my next work trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank JenniferM494
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Beautiful, tasteful boutique hotel within walking distance of downtown core and bridge to West Vic. Lovely, simple renovated decor. We had a sizable, double-queen bed room with two windows. My favourite touch was the black-out curtains in black raw silk. I want them for my own home. I was surprised at how quiet it was at night given the downtown location. Heated floor in the bathroom was a bonus.

Nice breakfast room with large windows. Complimentary pastries are quite large and delicious. The light in all parts of this hotel is just fabulous. No dark, scary hallways. Front desk staff were efficient, friendly, and very helpful, especially with restaurant recommendations. Parking was one block away and $15/night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family