“A wonderful stay”

Dashwood Manor Seaside Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #6 of 92 Victoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This property is under new ownership as of April,2013.
The two owners, Michael and David, are outstanding hosts. Check in was very quick and David helped us with our luggage.
We stayed in the Dorset room. The room was spotless, the bed comfortable and the accommodation was very spacious. We were visiting with another couple who stayed in the Somerset room. They were also very pleased.
Breakfast is ordered from a menu and our breakfasts were exceptional.
Each platter of food was a work of art and the flavours were wonderful.
The location couldn't be better.
The next time we're in Victoria we wouldn't even consider staying any where else.

1  Thank lv2trvl1124
Michael D, Owner at Dashwood Manor Seaside Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us.
It was a pleasure having you as our guests.

We hope to see you on your next visit to Victoria.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I planned my friends' wedding in Victoria and finding the right place for them to stay on their wedding night was very important. We certainly made the right choice in the Dashwood Manor!

The owners went out of their way to accommodate us and make everything just right. There were flowers and a card in the room upon our arrival and Champaign and glasses with strawberries in the fridge.

The Manor is beautiful and the scenery unbeatable as the room overlooked the ocean and Clover Point. I understand the breakfast was outstanding.

Thank you for making the day special! I highly recommend the Dashwood Manor!

1  Thank Paula K
Michael D, Manager at Dashwood Manor Seaside Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Dashwood.
It was our pleasure to make your friend's wedding day special.

We enjoyed having you here.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Background: I am a frequent traveler (3-4 week long trips per year). I also frequent B&B's. This visit was with my mother.

Arrival: We arrived mid-afternoon and were greeted by David. Check-in was quick and he helped to carry my mother's suitcase up to the third floor. My suitcase was lost somewhere in San Francisco and wouldn't arrive until the next day. We stayed in the Dorset room. We originally reserved the Tudor room, but the owners are re-doing the rooms and asked if we would like to switch to the Tudor room and have two twins beds. The addition of the balcony and views sold me, so we made the switch. This was changes prior to our arrival. :)

Room: The room was comfortable. The views were splendid and the cool breezes were lovely. I believe some of the other rooms in the house are better updated and I would recommend those. I know the owners have plans to re-do the Dorset bathroom in the Fall, so look forward to that! The bathroom wasn't horrible. It was very clean, just awkward. The vanity and mirror are very low. You have to basically sit in the chair (provided) to see in the mirror. The bathroom was quite large, so I think David and Michael will come up with a much better layout.

Breakfast: Fantastic!! These gentleman know how to start the day of right. A plate of goodies is provided to start along with coffee/juice/tea. Everything is constantly refilled, which is lovely. You can also order an omelet, french toast, eggs/bacon, yogurt with fresh fruit with different sides. My mother enjoyed two omelets and then eggs/bacon. I enjoyed two days with yogurt/fresh fruit and then french toast. All of the food was delicious! I have stayed in B&B's across the globe, so that is saying quite a lot!

Also, breakfast is served between 8-10am. It was a full house when we arrived, so we needed to pick a breakfast time on the first two days. We weren't thinking how early we would be up the first day (switching from east coast time), so we asked to be accommodated early on the first day and David jumped in to help the kitchen staff stay on track. Sorry David! We did appreciate it!

Staff: We mostly spoke with David. He was very friendly, easy to carry a conversation with and was ready to lend a helping hand. We enjoyed our conversations about David and Michael's past adventures and their future endeavors. Being in hospitality is a tough business, but both David and Michael make it look easy.

Location: I chose to stay here because I had a car for sightseeing and I like being able to wake up to a wonderful freshly prepared breakfast. I also like talking with the owners and getting to know the area. Without a vehicle, this location isn't really close enough to downtown or major bus pick-up/drop offs. The views of the beach are lovely. We checked out the path and loved seeing all the dogs enjoying themselves off leash.

Enjoy your visit and tell David hello!

Room Tip: Wait for the Dorset bathroom to be updated. Fall/Winter 2013.
1  Thank cvkevents

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. The Dorset Room bathroom will be our next big renovation & we are looking forward to it's completion. We will have new pictures on our website as soon as it's finished.

We really enjoyed sharing our past stories with you & now have many new ones to share on your return visit.

All the best!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We loved the charm of the old time & cocooning of the Cambridge Room. The wonderful view on the ocean was appreciate as well as their perfect breakfast. Victoria's downtown is at 5 minutes for everything or walk to the nice small restaurants on Cook street.
Cross the street and take a long walk on the beach or jog along the ocean for many miles.
Best choice for me in Victoria.

1  Thank Normand V

Thank you for your review.
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at Dashwood & visit to Victoria.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We only stayed here one night but it was a fantastic stay. Normally I don't like bed and breakfast places due to the style that many of them utilize; but the Dashwood's new management is trying for a simple and modern look and it really impressed! In addition, the breakfast is very good and the view of the beach can't be beat. We were able to see something like kite-gliders that were caught in a wind pattern that allowed them to stay relatively stable in the sky- amazing. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerrzbear

Thank you for your wonderful review & for sharing the pictures of your visit.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This B&B has it all--fantastic service, beautiful, comfortable, and very clean room, and awesome location (it's really right across the road from the beach). I had one of the smaller rooms--the Fairfield--but it was still quite big and I had an excellent water view. (In real life it's even better than the pics). I walked both to the restaurants just up the street in Cook Street Village and to downtown each day through Beacon Hill Park. The breakfasts are delicious and you get to pick from quite a few choices. I had something different each of the three mornings I was there and everything was really good. I would recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JLB098

Thank you very much for your review & suggestion about the on-line pictures of the Fairfield Room. We will take some new pictures. :)

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

If you want to be away from the hub-bub of the Inner Harbour hotels yet close enough to be able to walk to the inner harbour comfortably, then this B&B is perfect!! Hosts David and Michael welcomed us and provided us with a wonderful 4 day stay- tasty made to order full breakfasts was a great start to our days, walking paths along the beach and Beacon Hill Park right across the street plus an easy walk to Cook Village restaraunts and coffee shops was a treat. The inn is clean,quiet and linens were top notch! We will be back and highly recommend this beautiful inn if you appreciate the finer things in life!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rnangel54

Thank you for your wonderful review! We look forward to your next visit!