“must love this place”

Ranked #3 of 93 Victoria B&B and Inns
Hamburg
“must love this place”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in the beautiful Tudor room. We felt right at home entering Dashwood Manor with its very special charm. Dave was extremely helpful planning our excursions. Very important: do not miss the overwhelming breakfast!!!

Room Tip: Tudor room with a garden view (not like many other rooms with ocean view) was very calm and comforta...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The only thing I regret about having stayed 3 nights at Dashwood Manor is that it was not a much longer visit! Dave and Sharon were perfect hosts. The room, full of wood paneling and character, was a nice change from the cookie-cutter Hotels I was used to staying in on past vacations and business trips. Everything I needed for rest and to unwind from work. The proximity to Beacon Hill Park was fantastic and we found ourselves walking there daily. We also found ourselves looking forward to breakfast served each morning. A savory gift, delicious and well presented. I see us returning to Victoria in the future, and to the Dashwood Manor. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael F
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I went to Victoria for the first time and spent two lovely nights at Dashwood Manor B&B. The building itself is lovely. The location is fantastic - looks out at the water and mountains on one side, and is across the street from Beacon Hill Park on the other. We stayed in the Camelot room - I was spoiled by the amazing view and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Dave, our host, was gracious and full of wonderful information and recommendations (e.g., Eat dinner at Café Brio!). Breakfast was wonderful each day as well - and the dining room overlooks the water and mountains. If I could have, I would have stayed longer. If ever in Victoria again, I will most definitely want to stay at Dashwood again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Doniphan, Missouri
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I were originally scheduled to stay 3 nights with Dave at the Dashwood Manor but were so impressed we prolonged our stay. Dave is amazingly gracious and helpful with neverending knowledge of Victoria and its surroundings. You can't beat the location; the view was everything we had hoped for and there is much to do surrounding the building. (Beacon Hill Park, Fisherman's Wharf, and Cook Street Village, for example.) Lastly, the breakfasts are amazing. There is no such thing as a bad breakfast here. My husband and I loved this place and highly recommend it. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Windsor Oak. It is on the main floor, right inside the main entrance so it was incr...
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed at Dashwood Manor for four nights following a cruise to Alaska, it was ideal. Dashwood is a wonderful example of a lovingly renovated old building. The rooms are very comfortable and are beautifully appointed and the views over Juan de Fuca Strait and Beacon Hill Park are fantastic.
Breakfast's were excellent, Dave's Dutch Babies were so good I asked him for the recipe.
Dashwood Manor has everything for a great break. Highly recommended.

Farmington, Utah
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We spent two nights at the Dashwood Manor. The location is superb! We had an oceanfront view which we truly loved. Dave, the host, was knowledgeable about everything and anything in and around Victoria. We hope to visit there again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Dashwood Manor Bed & Breakfast for a couple of nights after hiking the West Coast Trail. This B&B offered exactly what I needed after experiencing such an extreme adventure.

The Dashwood is situated at the corner of Cook and Dallas; where the Dallas Waterfront Trail and Beacon Hill Park meet. I stayed in the Chelsea, the original master bedroom. The views from my room were spectacular including an unobstructed view of the Juan de Fuca Strait and the park.

The hosts were warm, friendly, and very helpful as I explored this city for the first time. In advance, Dave forwarded a document filled with dining and sightseeing recommendations that greatly helped as I planned my days. Everything that I wanted to visit was within walking distance or only a short cab ride away.

The breakfasts were delicious and plentiful. The hosts take great care in addressing food allergies and preferences. The best part about staying at the Dashwood was the peace and quiet, the fantastic soaker tub, and breathing in the fresh sea air!

I’ll be back. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Every room that I had the opportunity to see was beautifully appointed.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo