“Always Consistant”

Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I travel on business to the Victoria area about 6 times a year. I stay only at this hotel everytime and have for at least the last 3 years. The hotel staff is always polite and ready to serve any request I have including room type, floor height etc. Never have I ever left this hotel disappointed. Now to be fair this is not a 5 star hotel but this hotel doesn't claim to be. Rooms and property are well maintained and clean. I usually stay at many Coast hotels because I know what to expect and this hotel is no exception, keep up the the excellent work and some other reviews in my opinion are not completely accurate.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank excelden

Reviewed February 1, 2011

Hotel was clean and quiet. Located close to the Parliament and reasonable rates.They accept pets and let us leave our dog in the room while went outside for a few hours. In the hallway, I noticed I could hear my daughter in the bedroom. Thin walls!

Stay away from the restaurant. Terrible service and horrible food. We paid over $40 for two burger w/ fries and chicken on our first day.

Mattresses are cheap and pillows seemed to be bought at the dollar store (probably are those $1.99 from Ikea). After the third night I had to go to the pharmacy for a sore and very stiff neck and back pain. Couldn't relax at all in the bed. My 5-day stay for Christmas left me wishing to back home asap and be able to enjoy a good night of sleep.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Fernanda_11
Reviewed January 21, 2011

We stayed for two nights at the Coast Harbourside after previous visits to Victoria at the Empress. We were tired of the expense for the history there. Harbourside was a great alternative. The rooms and most of the hotel had a recent remodel, which showed nicely in the decor, furnishings, and finishing touches. Free wifi was a big plus. We stayed in a King Harborview and found the room to be quiet, private, and spacious. There was a nice workout room, an indoor-outdoor pool, a hot tub, and a sauna. The pool area seems to have been missed in the remodel, but I'd rather have an older one, then none at all.

Its a bit of a walk into downtown, especially to some of the more extensive shopping options. But we are young, so we didn't mind working off some of the great food we had in Victoria. They also offer a shuttle service which operates on a first come/first serve basis (so you might wait) but its complimentary, so you can't argue with the price.

The Blue Crab Grill was alright, a bit pricey but it tasted better then much of the hotel food we had.

The management and staff were efficient and polite, and were able to accommodate an early check in, and a late check out, due to our travel arrangements with the Clipper.

We'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jordan B
CoastVictoria, General Manager at Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2011

Hello and thank you for your kind comments.
We're so glad you enjoyed our hotel, the recreation area, and the Blue Crab Bar & Grill.

As you mention we are just on the outside of the downtown core, in the neighbourhood known as James Bay. Being slightly removed from downtown allows us to have our fantastic harbour-front setting. I hope you were able to make use of our complimentary downtown shuttle service. We are happy to pick guests up from downtown to bring them back to the hotel also…

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you back at the Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel, sometime soon.

Reviewed November 29, 2010

The Good:
The staff was very helpful. We took the Victoria Clipper over from Seattle, and they let us check in 3 hours early. They also held our bags after check out while we saw the city on our last day.

The so-so:
The restaurant was good, but definitely overpriced. You're paying for convenience here.

The not so good:
There was a draft in the room because the heater was not a snug fit. You could actually see a sliver of daylight next to the heater. We just turned the heat up, but it was a little annoying. The in room fridge didn't work. Overall, the hotel just needs updating. I'm sure it was 4 stars when it opened, but looks like it hasn't had any updating since then.

I'd definitely try something else next time.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank overlandsea
Reviewed November 18, 2010

This hotels was great. The staff were very professional and the room that I stayed in was lovely 1808 - had a balcony, king bed and was very spacious. I had planned on staying here for a night but stayed here 3 because my experience was great. I ended up getting a great deal for $300 a nite which included the room, parking (which is normally $40), breakfast for 2 at the hotel restaurant would was Great! , PLUS $100 gift certificate for the mall. I really enjoyed my experience here. I would recommend this hotel above most of the others I have stayed in, in Vancouver.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2010

This hotel is very good : nice clean rooms, a great view of the harbour if you get a view room, excellent restaurant, the location provides an excuse for a nice walk to downtown Victoria, good service. The only annoyance was the diabolical heating/air conditioning system, which is found in many hotels in this part of the country. These thru-the-wall units are noisy and are unable to maintain a nice steady temperature. The only justification for their existence is that they are cheap.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2010

We stayed at the coast for a quick night away from home , our room had a great View , there is a great pool and hot tub and the hotel is right in town . We were offered a shuttle to anywhere in the area as well if we were not up for a walk. Great srevice with friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family