“Great views of the harbor....”

Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Naperville, Illinois
“Great views of the harbor....”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel is a bit off the beaten path, but the view of Victoria Harbor was wonderful. Small, but comfortable, in need of updating...but be certain to ask for a balcony room. Avoid the restaurant however except for breakfast.

1 Thank Jan H
CoastHarbourside, Front Office Manager at Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Jan H,

Thank you for your recent visit to Victoria, and your candid comments regarding your recent stay. We are very pleased that all of our rooms, save one, feature a Juliet balcony. Although I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the view, and found your room comfortable, I was disappointed to hear that you do not recommend the Blue Crab Seafood House. Our Food and Beverage Director would be happy to discuss your concerns and make things right in this regard. We look forward to being of service in the future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Korean first
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is our hotel of choice when we are in Victoria. The location is great, on the harbour, and within walking distance of the city center. The rate is normally very reasonable considering the above. One attraction of the hotel is their complimentary shuttle service. These drivers will take you anywhere and pick you up from your location with a quick phone call. It is one of the reasons we always book the hotel. The Blue Crab is an excellent restaurant and the lounge has a beautiful view of the harbour. Rooms are clean and quiet with every amenity.

1 Thank Helen D
Dear Helen D,

Very happy to have to opportunity to welcome you back to the Coast Victoria Harbourside. It appears that our entire team, from our housekeeping, shuttle and Blue Crab ambassadors, made a positive impact on your stay. We will soon be launching an Island Resident rate which you will be able to take advantage of on future visits to our hotel. Once available, you'll be able to locate it on the Deals section of our website. We look forward to having the opportunity to be of service in the future.

Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Kevin, the concierge deserves wonderful raves. Even though we were not staying at the Coast, he was by far one of the most knowledgeable and accommodating person that I have met Niall my travels. He was informative and made a special effort to answer our questions and make sure our travel arrangements were current and guaranteed. Great guy. Ask for him if you are at the Coast

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear annieo62,

Thank you for sharing your experience with respect to your recent visit to Victoria. Kevin was delighted to hear of your strong recommendation. We look forward to being of service in the future.

Surrey, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We have been to this hotel before and enjoyed staying there. This time we cycled from the Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal to this hotel and were impressed with the help of the staff to secure our bikes. We had the breakfast package and were very happy with the breakfast and our room. The hotel is located in a great area for walking, seeing the sights and finding restaurants and coffee shops.

Room Tip: We had a beautiful room facing south and we enjoyed watching the ships on the water despite it being...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Isabel H,

Thank you for choosing to return to the Coast Victoria Harbourside. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Bed and Breakfast package. Our new breakfast menu has just launched in the Blue Crab Seafood House, and we have received very positive feedback. We look forward to once again being able to have the opportunity of being of service on your next visit to Victoria.

Duncan, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2013

As a teacher I had expected that there would be a level of trust and respect but it is not the case. Annually the teachers meet here for the south island zone meetings so the rooms are taken care of by our locals. However, there is this policy that dictates whether or not you can enter the room that the local union has purchased for you. If you have no credit card or cash you do not get your key.
My local president had made arrangements so that I would not have to go through this embarassment but according to the clerks there was no such notice. I let my president know what had happened and that I would head back home. She contacted the hotel and said I should come back. Due to the way I was treated I really did not want to return at all but did so at the request of my local union president.
Without going into my own history too much....I have had to begin re-establishing my credit after my ex-husband ruined it for me....so I have no credit cards....I didn't have $50 to give them for contingencies.....this money is for my meals while I am here.
I am not impressed with this treatment personally or professionally. Having stayed here before and didn't cause problems ...shouldn't this be enough?? Perhaps giving them my drivers license would have sufficed? My entire deck of identification.....blood donar card...anything...
I had purchased a pre-paid visa for this purpose before and the hotel said it has to be a real visa and would not accept it....so I haven't done that again....
Not feeling good about the stay here and worry that the staff will sabbotage my stay here or at other hotels/resorts by submitting a complaint. Usually I enjoy my time here....not this time.

Room Tip: this room is noisy....street is well travelled
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CoastHarbourside, General Manager at Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Debbie M:

Thank you for accepting my call this past week, and the opportunity to discuss your recent stay.

I look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us in the near future, and as discussed, the opportunity to improve on our recent performance and earn back your trust.

I truly appreciate your time and thank you for presenting me the opportunity to take steps to improve on our performance. Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We all look forward to the opportunity to be of service.

Jim Douglas
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We always stay at the Coast Victoria Harbourside when we are revisiting our home city. The 10th floor corner suite is fabulous. Clean, spacious, well accommodated, with a wrap around balcony and gorgeous view over the inner harbour. The bathroom is very large, and well appointed with all the usual amenities, including a bidet.
The fridge was welcome to keep our wine, etc. cool. King bed was very comfortable, nice sitting area, free wifi. We have always found the service to be top notch and staff more than pleasant and accommodating . What more could you want.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CoastHarbourside, Front Office Manager at Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Scotia-7,

We were delighted to have to opportunity to welcome you back to the Coast Victoria Harbourside. Our Premium (10th floor) Harbour View rooms are in such high demand, that they can only be reserved by calling our reservations office directly. I'm happy to see that you were able to secure a stay for an entire week in your preferred room!

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back next time you are "home"!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great location, close to the city and overlooking the harbour. A great hotel from which to explore the charms of Victoria. We had a room with a view of the harbour, and enjoyed watching the ferries, cruise ships and float planes. It was just a short walk to Fisherman's Wharf with its quaint floating village.

Room Tip: The ideal room would be one with a view of the harbour.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CoastHarbourside, Front Office Manager at Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear 2Aussies,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Coast Victoria Harbourside. It sounds like you were able to make the most of your harbour view room.

We look forward to having the opportunity to be of service on your next visit to Victoria.