“credit card world :-/”

Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Duncan, Canada
“credit card world :-/”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

As a teacher I had expected that there would be a level of trust and respect but it is not the case. Annually the teachers meet here for the south island zone meetings so the rooms are taken care of by our locals. However, there is this policy that dictates whether or not you can enter the room that the local union has purchased for you. If you have no credit card or cash you do not get your key.
My local president had made arrangements so that I would not have to go through this embarassment but according to the clerks there was no such notice. I let my president know what had happened and that I would head back home. She contacted the hotel and said I should come back. Due to the way I was treated I really did not want to return at all but did so at the request of my local union president.
Without going into my own history too much....I have had to begin re-establishing my credit after my ex-husband ruined it for me....so I have no credit cards....I didn't have $50 to give them for contingencies.....this money is for my meals while I am here.
I am not impressed with this treatment personally or professionally. Having stayed here before and didn't cause problems ...shouldn't this be enough?? Perhaps giving them my drivers license would have sufficed? My entire deck of identification.....blood donar card...anything...
I had purchased a pre-paid visa for this purpose before and the hotel said it has to be a real visa and would not accept it....so I haven't done that again....
Not feeling good about the stay here and worry that the staff will sabbotage my stay here or at other hotels/resorts by submitting a complaint. Usually I enjoy my time here....not this time.

Room Tip: this room is noisy....street is well travelled
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CoastHarbourside, General Manager at Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Debbie M:

Thank you for accepting my call this past week, and the opportunity to discuss your recent stay.

I look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us in the near future, and as discussed, the opportunity to improve on our recent performance and earn back your trust.

I truly appreciate your time and thank you for presenting me the opportunity to take steps to improve on our performance. Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We all look forward to the opportunity to be of service.

Jim Douglas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Korean first
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We always stay at the Coast Victoria Harbourside when we are revisiting our home city. The 10th floor corner suite is fabulous. Clean, spacious, well accommodated, with a wrap around balcony and gorgeous view over the inner harbour. The bathroom is very large, and well appointed with all the usual amenities, including a bidet.
The fridge was welcome to keep our wine, etc. cool. King bed was very comfortable, nice sitting area, free wifi. We have always found the service to be top notch and staff more than pleasant and accommodating . What more could you want.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CoastHarbourside, Front Office Manager at Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Scotia-7,

We were delighted to have to opportunity to welcome you back to the Coast Victoria Harbourside. Our Premium (10th floor) Harbour View rooms are in such high demand, that they can only be reserved by calling our reservations office directly. I'm happy to see that you were able to secure a stay for an entire week in your preferred room!

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back next time you are "home"!

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great location, close to the city and overlooking the harbour. A great hotel from which to explore the charms of Victoria. We had a room with a view of the harbour, and enjoyed watching the ferries, cruise ships and float planes. It was just a short walk to Fisherman's Wharf with its quaint floating village.

Room Tip: The ideal room would be one with a view of the harbour.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CoastHarbourside, Front Office Manager at Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear 2Aussies,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Coast Victoria Harbourside. It sounds like you were able to make the most of your harbour view room.

We look forward to having the opportunity to be of service on your next visit to Victoria.

Tigard, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We booked our stay here for our trip to Victoria, BC. It is within a couple blocks from the ferry from Port Angeles. This is a definite 3-4 star hotel experience. The room service from the Blue Crab restaurant downstairs was amazing. Best clam chowder I have had ever. We also made use of the shuttle, and concierge service, a few times. Kevin, the night time concierge was the best. He was very fun to talk with and loves to share Victoria with the guests. We will definitely be back to enjoy this great hotel, and experience again.

Dear MrNurse78,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Coast Victoria Harbourside. I'm happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our many amenities such as our convenient on-demand shuttle and the delicious room service! Kevin will be delighted to hear that he made such an impact on your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel. it is well kept an d friendly. Well helpful with recommendations and has a shuttle. We had a room with a view of the harbor. Small balcony, but view of sunrise and sunset. Harbor is beautiful and you must take the Water Taxis. Recommend and would stay there again.

Room Tip: get a harbor view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CoastHarbourside, Front Office Manager at Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear rphrun,

It was a pleasure hosting you during your visit to Victoria. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that mother nature co-operated and displayed her magnificent sunrise and sunsets. It's always worth the upgrade to harbour view!

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Very nice hotel at reasonable price. Great view of the marina/harbor from the bar and restaurant. Water taxi pick up is right there from the dock. There is a good whale watching outfit right below the hotel, and you board the boat right there. You can walk along the water to the inner harbor/ downtown/Empress in 10-15 minutes. Front desk staff was wonderful. We arrived early in day (noonish) and they were able to get us right unto our room. Gave us all kinds of advice on where to go and how to get there. Emilio was also wonderful, and drove us to several places downtown for dinner. Rooms were nice and clean. Ours didn't have much of a view (roof and back of airconditioning unit), but hell - there are 4 sides to a building - SOME rooms have to have less than a stellar view. We weren't there to spend time in our room looking outside the window anyway, the room was not advertised as having a great view, and I have the feeling that had we asked, they would have switched us if they had another room available. But we didn't ask because it wasn't important to us. All good. Very convenient location as I said. And Fisherman's Wharf is literally a 5 minute walk nextdoor. Just a great, convenient location, very nice accomodations at a reasonable price, nice bar and restaurant, great view by the marina, and very nice staff. I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone. Well done Coast Victoria.

Room Tip: Avoid west side 4th floor if a view is important to you - roof and back of A/C unit.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CoastHarbourside, Front Office Manager at Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear 358Michael,

Thank you very much for your visit to Victoria, and the Coast Victoria Harbourside. I was happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, specifically with respect to the location of the hotel and our Front Desk team. Emilio was thrilled to hear of your compliments.

Although our 3:00pm check in time is one of the earliest in Victoria, it is our pleasure to provide an earlier check in if the room has become available earlier.

We look forward to be of service in the future.

Inverness, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were impressed by the look of this hotel but when we got our room we were a bit disappointed. It was only average and it is the first hotel we have stayed in for ages that has not had a room safe to keep our passports etc in. The room was kept lovely and clean but in general it looked a bit tired and in need of updating. There was nowhere to sit and relax outwith our room except for the bar.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Scotty538,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Coast Victoria Harbourside. We are always sorry to hear when we fall short of expectations. Although your comments with respect to room cleanliness were appreciated, I was troubled to note that you were unable to find anywhere relaxing to sit apart from your room or the lounge at the Blue Crab Seafood House. Many guests enjoy relaxing on the outdoor ocean-view patio, in our lobby observing our Resident Artist, or in the more private Lower Lobby.

Should your travel plans bring you back to Victoria, you will be pleased to note that we do offer a complimentary safety deposit box at the reception desk.

We look forward to the opportunity to be of service in the future.