“BEAUTIFUL VIEW OF THE HARBOR”

Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Tampa FL
“BEAUTIFUL VIEW OF THE HARBOR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

When we arrived on the Clipper we were directed to walk along the Harbor Path to the hotel. It was the opposite direction from town and a long walk. We finally found the hotel. When checking in as usual I asked for a room on an upper floor, but was informed since we booked with the Victoria Clipper only rooms on the lower floors facing away from the magnificent view were what the hotel's agreement was with the service. We could upgrade for forty dollars more. Since it was my birth day weekend I considered it, but when the desk checked all the rooms were taken. They asked didn't the Victoria Clipper tell me about upgrading!
Our corner room was very pleasant with comfortable furnishings. It did overlook the front entrance and the air/heat plant, but there were no disturbing noises.
We ate breakfasts and dinner in the dining room and the views were wonderful. The staff was great and they did have a van service that took us into town with our luggage when we left to board the bus for our ferry ride to Vancouver.

Room Tip: The Harbor side is a newer hotel and very well maintained. I would pay extra for a room with the vie...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CoastHarbourside, Front Office Manager at Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Travel Bug from Tampa,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Coast Victoria Harbourside, and for choosing to celebrate your birthday weekend with us. We have partnered with Clipper Vacations for a number of years and the process is generally very smooth. In fact, a number of different room types are available when booking through the Victoria Clipper - including Harbour View options at the same upgrade pricing. I suspect that, as you found upon arrival, these harbour view rooms may already have been sold out upon making your reservation. As you may guess, this is our most popular room category and will oven book well in advance of our other room selections. Nonetheless, I have passed your feedback along to the Victoria Clipper booking office to ensure that room selection is not overlooked when available.

I was happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the Blue Crab Seafood House and our complimentary shuttle service, two of the amenities that make our property unique in Victoria. Many of our ambassadors peruse our hotel's online feedback and they will be happy to see that you thought they were great!

We look forward to the opportunity of be of service in the future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Korean first
Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We happened on this hotel on our way into Victoria and were fortunate that they had a room available for us. Lovely view of the harbor, room was clean, clean, clean. Had a spectacular dinner in the restaurant --best food so far on our trip and the prices were reasonable. On the water taxi route so if you don't want to walk into town or back, just grab a taxi and enjoy a little harbor tour. We saw three Orcas on our return to the hotel. Don't miss the little houses at Fisherman's Wharf. So cool!

Room Tip: A view of the harbor makes for a delightful stay.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear degarden_girl,

We are glad you happened upon the Coast Victoria Harbourside and were able to enjoy our hospitality. Our team at the Blue Crab Seafood House will be so happy to hear how much you enjoyed the food; I hope you had an opportunity to experience Crab Fest!

Our Executive Housekeeper Judy, and many of housekeeping team, have been with the property for many years and they will be so happy that the pride they take in the cleanliness of the room is noticed and appreciated!

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Victoria.

Annapolis, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Excellent hotel and a good value. Nice size rooms with water-views and balcony. On the water but about a 15 minute walk to the inner harbor. Hotel has a shuttle van and Kevin will drive you into town or pick you up in town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bruce,

Thank you for selecting the Coast Victoria Harbourside for your stay in Victoria, and for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Although many are smaller Juliet-style, we are so fortunate to have balconies on each of our water-view rooms. Kevin, an east-coaster like yourself, is one of the more recent additions to our team and was happy to see your comments. We think he's a keeper!

We look forward to the opportunity of be of service in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed at the coast Victoria harbourside for my 1 year anniversary. The hotel is close to the wharf and about a 15 min. walk into downtown and the walk is nice. It's great if u want to be a bit outside of the busy area of downtown, but there aren't many places to eat nearby, more options within 5 minutes would've been nice. To take full advantage of the hotel, upgrade to a harbour view. It's worth it. We had 2 windows, one a small balcony that had fantastic views. The seaplanes can be a bit noisy, but all is quiet at night. The noisiest thing was the refrigerator in the room! The staff is accomadating, don't be afraid to ask for anything.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on business. It was ideally located on the harbour by a marina and Fisherman's Wharf. Great staff, nice hotel, excellent views (if facing the harbour), excellent value. If you're looking for a nice place to stay on the harbour, do not pass on this hotel. Plus they offer Aeroplan points!

• Stayed September 2013
Powell River, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have already decided to go back. From the moment I arrived, I was treated "like a star". I was in Vic. for a medical appt. & had a long trip prior to arriving at the hotel. The front desk staff must have seen the exhaustion on my face because right away they gave me an upgrade. It was a lovely room, with a "juliette" balcony overlooking James Bay & the coast of Washington. It was great. Big bed & a couch. & lovely linens. & importantly - it smelled great. A lot of seaside hotels can smell musty - but the linens smelled fresh, as did the rooms, bathrooms, halls &..the entire hotel. (& they try & re-cycle). After getting to my room, I spilled something & the bellman came & cleaned it up for me!! The next day wasn't going well for me & when I returned to the hotel I asked if I could upgrade to a waterfront room -no problem & they put me on the top floor. I wouldn't expect this kind of treatment when the hotel was really busy - but the fact that they did it all all just tells you what exceptional staff the Harbourside has. & to top it off, they put a card in my room , asking me to tell them if they could do anything else. I know lot of hotels, say they will do whatever to make a trip good for their clientele - but the Harbourside did go the extra mile for me.
The only down side was I felt the food & drink was overpriced - but this is Victoria in September -... but at least the food was good - I really liked the fish & chips & the view from the bar/restaurant is exceptional

Room Tip: ask to be higher up in the hotel - there are no bad views from the top rooms! the neighbourhood is c...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
CoastHarbourside, Front Office Manager at Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dee,

I was overjoyed to see the review of your recent stay at the Coast Victoria Harbourside. From our housekeeping team, to our front desk staff and our bell team, there is an exceptional amount of pride in our building. I think it shows in how our guests are treated - getting that "star treatment" as you describe.

Our team felt like stars as well when we received your lovely card in the mail. We can't wait for you to come back - winter's coming and so are the specials! Keep an eye out for some great offers over the next few months.

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I'll be succinct- We stayed for 3 days in July. Excellent pool - Very helpful staff - the hotel has its own whale watching boats so you don't have to go far - its own Water Taxi berth (great fun - $5 per person per trip) . Only 4 stars as the breakfast was too expensive & the location slightly too far from the centre. Recommend for a quiet spot & very clean.

Room Tip: get a harbor view $20 extra
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends