“Good Value in Victoria”

Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Excellent hotel and a good value. Nice size rooms with water-views and balcony. On the water but about a 15 minute walk to the inner harbor. Hotel has a shuttle van and Kevin will drive you into town or pick you up in town.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
CoastHarbourside, Front Office Manager at Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Bruce,

Thank you for selecting the Coast Victoria Harbourside for your stay in Victoria, and for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Although many are smaller Juliet-style, we are so fortunate to have balconies on each of our water-view rooms. Kevin, an east-coaster like yourself, is one of the more recent additions to our team and was happy to see your comments. We think he's a keeper!

We look forward to the opportunity of be of service in the future.

Regards,

Cedric Nagy
Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed at the coast Victoria harbourside for my 1 year anniversary. The hotel is close to the wharf and about a 15 min. walk into downtown and the walk is nice. It's great if u want to be a bit outside of the busy area of downtown, but there aren't many places to eat nearby, more options within 5 minutes would've been nice. To take full advantage of the hotel, upgrade to a harbour view. It's worth it. We had 2 windows, one a small balcony that had fantastic views. The seaplanes can be a bit noisy, but all is quiet at night. The noisiest thing was the refrigerator in the room! The staff is accomadating, don't be afraid to ask for anything.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on business. It was ideally located on the harbour by a marina and Fisherman's Wharf. Great staff, nice hotel, excellent views (if facing the harbour), excellent value. If you're looking for a nice place to stay on the harbour, do not pass on this hotel. Plus they offer Aeroplan points!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have already decided to go back. From the moment I arrived, I was treated "like a star". I was in Vic. for a medical appt. & had a long trip prior to arriving at the hotel. The front desk staff must have seen the exhaustion on my face because right away they gave me an upgrade. It was a lovely room, with a "juliette" balcony overlooking James Bay & the coast of Washington. It was great. Big bed & a couch. & lovely linens. & importantly - it smelled great. A lot of seaside hotels can smell musty - but the linens smelled fresh, as did the rooms, bathrooms, halls &..the entire hotel. (& they try & re-cycle). After getting to my room, I spilled something & the bellman came & cleaned it up for me!! The next day wasn't going well for me & when I returned to the hotel I asked if I could upgrade to a waterfront room -no problem & they put me on the top floor. I wouldn't expect this kind of treatment when the hotel was really busy - but the fact that they did it all all just tells you what exceptional staff the Harbourside has. & to top it off, they put a card in my room , asking me to tell them if they could do anything else. I know lot of hotels, say they will do whatever to make a trip good for their clientele - but the Harbourside did go the extra mile for me.
The only down side was I felt the food & drink was overpriced - but this is Victoria in September -... but at least the food was good - I really liked the fish & chips & the view from the bar/restaurant is exceptional

Room Tip: ask to be higher up in the hotel - there are no bad views from the top rooms! the neighbourhood is c...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
CoastHarbourside, Front Office Manager at Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dee,

I was overjoyed to see the review of your recent stay at the Coast Victoria Harbourside. From our housekeeping team, to our front desk staff and our bell team, there is an exceptional amount of pride in our building. I think it shows in how our guests are treated - getting that "star treatment" as you describe.

Our team felt like stars as well when we received your lovely card in the mail. We can't wait for you to come back - winter's coming and so are the specials! Keep an eye out for some great offers over the next few months.

Regards,

Cedric Nagy
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I'll be succinct- We stayed for 3 days in July. Excellent pool - Very helpful staff - the hotel has its own whale watching boats so you don't have to go far - its own Water Taxi berth (great fun - $5 per person per trip) . Only 4 stars as the breakfast was too expensive & the location slightly too far from the centre. Recommend for a quiet spot & very clean.

Room Tip: get a harbor view $20 extra
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank pop794corima
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were only here for a brief overnight, but the hotel room was nicely appointed and a good size. We were told they only had queen rooms left when we booked last minute, but our room had a comfy king bed! Bonus!! The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly, and didn't give us a hard time when we were an hour late checking out! The harbour side walk which runs right in front of the hotel is a great stroll into the city core. We'll be staying there again for sure!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was close enough to walk or ride a shuttle to town. 30mina from the gardens :) I liked them quite a bit, no free breakfast but that's about it'. The fitness center was nice too! Cardio and a few weights much better than others I looked at

• Stayed: August 2013