WINNER WONDERLAND

Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites
Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersSilver level
victoria b.c.
“Consistent and getting better.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I stay here at least a dozen times a year. Sometimes for business, sometimes for pleasure and sometimes for romantic getaways.
The recent and ongoing renovations certainly are putting a new shine and lustre on the main entrances , rooms, suites and common areas.
The staff are helpful , professional, courteous and when needed sarcastic and funny.
Clives lounge offers an eclectic mix of beverages and cocktails that will leave feeling like you've visited a lounge in a little nook or cranny of this planet. Cocktails from yesteryear. Exquisite in presentation and execution.
For a finer dining experience the rooftop vista 18 will tantalize your taste buds whilst stealing your breath with views.

A part of Victorian history and future.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Jo D
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you Jothebartender for the great review. That is written so well you could work in marketing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Korean first
Lynden, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights at the Chateau Victoria for her 30th birthday and had a great experience.

Check in was quick! I asked about getting a room with a view, as was suggested by other reviews I read, and they were happy to upgrade me from the 4th floor to the 12th floor. Our room was right by the elevators, but we didn't hear them at all. We had a nice view of the Olympic Mountain Range and a part of the Parliament Building, but not the inner harbour. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was also place settings for two, so we were able to eat our leftovers in the room from when we went out. (Great breakfast at the Blue Fox!)

The shower had great water pressure and was nice and hot, but our tub did have a draining issue. I called the front desk and they sent up maintenance within 5 minutes to clean the clog out. Great service!

The pool and hot tub area were very clean. It was nice to soak in the hot tub after a long walk around the marina.

We did not make it to the first floor lounge, but we did go to Vista 18 for martini's one night. The view and food was good.

The free parking was nice and the hotel location was great as we could walk to most places we wanted to go.

All in all I would definately go back for another stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upgrade if available.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Happy belated birthday Robbied. Thanks for the great write up and for highlighting our cleanliness. Its a big deal these days and our housekeepers take it very seriously. Glad you experienced some of the wonderful restaurants in our area. Please come back and give Vista 18 a try, especially for breakfast.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband took me for a two night stay at the Chateau Victoria in February. We stayed in the purple penthouse suite.
I will start off by saying the staff is wonderful there. From the front door to front desk and the staff in both eateries. Everyone had a smile on there face and said hello.
The hotel is older but is going threw a major reno. The updates make is very modern and classy. The rooms are beautiful. We had a room on the 16th floor. Large wrap around balcony with amazing views of water and the city. Our room was very clean and well appointed. Everything we needed was there. The only thing I would have loved to see is an MP3 station in the room.
Lastly the food is excellent. I love Clives. The drinks are amazing and so is the food. The biggest surprise was Vista 18. I had not been there in years and never for breakfast. The food cost for breakfast was cheaper than the family restaurant across the street. Plus the service was friendly and wonderful and the view is stunning.
I have told my husband I want to do this get away twice a year. Looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Spurge for a penthouse suite on either of the two floors. You get excellent value and will enjoy eve...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for the great write up HowPaulaWillTravel. Love the name. So nice to see a local give her town a try as a visitor. It is nice to leave the chores at home but not have to travel. I will share your comments with my colleagues. I am also happy to see you have found the value in those big suites. They are the best value in town. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Tofino, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have stayed here a few times.the location is great the staff is nice and help full the rooms are nice sized and well set up . The pool is not really big but it's clean and has a good but small work out room right off it the restaurant has a great view and is nice .i well defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the review 199Pat. It is always good to hear at the end of your comments that you will be back.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The room is clean and we really like the location. It almost close with everywhere. Hotel staff was really helpful. The only reason I give four star is because the breakfast is not very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments Lily. Our housekeepers love to get honorable mention in comments. I will pass on your note about the breakfast. We generally get rave reviews about breakfast so I hope you give Vista 18 another chance next time you are in town.
Campbell River, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable but it was the staff at this hotel really made my stay. Upon arrival they immediately offered valet parking. Though I was checking out the next day the allowed me to leave my car parked in their lot until my meeting was over. Their complementary shuttle dropped me off downtown and offered to pick me up. Friendly and efficient. I'd stay again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank SFJ123
Dear SFJ123,
Thank you for the great comments. We love to see Islanders staying at our hotel and we can certainly make room for more. I appreciate you passing any referrals if you get the chance. We look forward to your return.
Lyons, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We recently stayed here and enjoyed it very much. Glenn was the man who drove us to the Clipper for our departure. On the drive, we discussed the deer population and the difficulty of growing flowers around the. Glenn had successfully grown one type of flower but couldn't remember the name. When he did remember it, he wrote a quick note with the flower's name (primulas) and had it delivered to us via the Clipper boarding personnel!
About a week later, the manager wrote to me to tell me the name of another successful plant--osteopermum. I really appreciated this extra mile.
Thanks.
Leslie Whitaker

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank leslie w
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
That's a great story Leslie. I will share this with Glenn the team at our morning meeting. Thank you so much for taking the time to tell all. I often see dear on my walk to work munching away on beautiful gardens so I guess it is a big deal in some areas including good old Victoria.