“Fab location, gorgeous hotel”

Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersSilver level
Parksville, Canada
“Fab location, gorgeous hotel”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with kids. It is a beautiful hotel and the staff were really helpful. Lots of parking. Very clean, walking distance to town amenities, gorgeous restaurant and bar although we didnt drink there as we had the kids. This hotel is great for everyone. The pool was nice.

Room Tip: We were in 802....View of the Government buildings/Fairmont hotel........riends were on 12th floor a...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear ains23,
Thank you for the review. We seem to be getting many more families traveling together this year so your words will be read by other families I am sure. Be sure to try and check out our bar when you are back. It was nominate as the best hotel bar in the world in 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Korean first
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This hotel is very nice with beautiful rooms and a convenient location. The beds were comfortable and we slept soundly. Theonly issue we had was with the air conditioner, but we finally figured out how to work it! We would stay here again. This is our second time at this hotel. The staff is very friendly and meets every need with a smile. The parking garage is convenient as well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
mpaul1202, Director of Sales at Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you for your review JCTNGAL.
I am glad you enjoyed our city and our hotel. There is nothing like a good sleep and I am glad we could help with that. One of the basics we can sometimes forget in the hotel business.
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have stayed here on and off the last few years. I recently spent two weeks here. The location is very good: near all the attractions and government offices. Most of the upper floors have great views of the city and/or water. Clives, the lobby bar is a comfortable place to start out the evening. My suite was clean and well maintained, I had no problems bigger than an alarm clock that wouldn't work. One phone call and it was replaced. In the past some of the rooms needed attention. The hot tub and pool are a treat. I called the desk for robe and it was there in minutes. All of the staff are eager, willing and able to help the patrons.

Room Tip: Avoid the lower 4 floors if possible - no view and too much noise. Thursday thru Saturday avoid the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review bristlebeard and welcome back. I agree with you about spending a little more for a suite over a standard room which is on the lower floors.
Medicine Hat, Alberta
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Great Hotel! Large rooms, affordable price! Clean, 2 great restaurants, easy to get around. I forgot a ring in my room and they called me within a few hours of me checking out to let me know. Great Place!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sounds like you enjoyed Victoria CanadaBob6. I am glad we could help make it worthy of your consideration for a return trip. Looking forward to it.
Netherlands
Reviewed February 11, 2012

It was great stay in Victoria nice and clean, and we will be back.

• Stayed February 2012
Thanks for the review maeann67
Good to know you will be back to our Island and possibly to our hotel.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2012

This hotel was superbly located in downtown Victoria, about two blocks from the inner harbour. The one bedroom suites were comfortably furnished, sparkling clean and had wifi. There was an option to have a queen bed in the bedroom and another in the livingroom, which worked well for us. Windows opened and there was parking provided onsite. There was no universal airconditioning, but there was an airconditioning unit in the bedroom, and a fan in the closet that could be used instead. Beds were comfortable. The restaurant on the 18th floor had a panoramic view of Victoria. When my daughter and I asked to split one of their enormous breakfasts, the service was provided happily. On weekend evenings, this restaurant has entertainment. The two evenings we were there, the music was skillfully played accoustic guitar. Staff was polite, friendly and accommodating throughout the hotel.

Room Tip: We asked for two adjoining one bedroom suites and received side by side suites at the end of a hall...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear KL Travel,
Thank you for the great review. Good to see a review from a family as we seem to get a great number staying with us and the suites are really built for this. We do have connecting standard rooms but I think you are much better off with the two suites, side by side. We look forward to your return.
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I have stayed at hotels in Vancouver, Victoria, and many other places! I had to stay in Victoria for work for about 3 months. Right from Day 1, I felt very welcome. They set up my room with everything I requested. Day 2, staff were addressing me by name and always said hi when I passed by the front desk. When my husband came to join me, he brought our puppy. The hotel is "pet friendly" truly. Other hotels claim that, however, they simply allow pets. The staff at Chateau Victoria provided some items our puppy and gave ideas for local dog friendly places to take her. They wanted to meet my husband and puppy when they arrived and shared our joy when our puppy did tricks in the lobby during her first stay at a hotel. My husband actualy enjoyed staying at Chateau Victoria and he does NOT like hotels at all!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for the great review Adonica. I just love to hear our people continue to use our guests names. I have worked for big chains who preach guest name usage but have difficulty making it happen consistently. It just seems to happen naturally here and I am delighted you noticed. I am glad your husband and pooch liked us too. Please come back and see us soon.