I chose this hotel because we wanted a place for a mid-week, overnight stay while in Victoria. As a Victoria area resident it was solely a way to not be stuck driving home at night after a show. I was impressed from when I booked the room a month earlier as a walk-in guest then the quick check-in when we arrived. The room was spotless, queen beds with lots of pillows, a balcony with the view of the Coho and a small park below us. Nice surprise of a kitchenette other than the locked cupboards (I assumed they could be unlocked if a guest wished to use whatever lurked within). The bathroom was not outstanding but had lots of towels, basic amenities and was clean.
Overall my daughter and I had no complaints with the room. As she had a migraine and I had forgotten to ensure we were not within sound of the elevator - we were directly across from it - we discovered that the room was very well soundproofed.
I was disappointed with the breakfast, eggs were rather strange, as were the sausages. The plates were melamine or whatever the material is for 'plastic' plates. This is a hotel not a cafeteria! The one server's sole role appeared to be one of replenishing the 'buffet' area which she did with a smile and politeness, otherwise everything is self serve including clearing your own table. Therefore, seeing a rather prominent jug saying 'tips' was, to me, completely out of place as tips should be for excellent service. I would rather have given the check-in staff a tip. Unfortunately check-out took too long with only one person at the desk.
The front entrance being repaved was a problem for anyone with a mobility problem as the back entrance meant navigating stairs, a rocky, uneven side pathway and a deeper than normal step down to the pavement. In a city that caters to tourists this should have been considered.
Otherwise this is a great choice for anyone wanting to be within walking distance of anywhere in downtown Victoria and I will seriously consider staying here again when it is too late for a bus or I do not want to drive the 35km home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great hotel located at Victoria's famous scenic Inner Harbour, just steps to attractions, shops and restaurants. Simply park your car and walk to all Victoria's sights. We offer a complimentary full breakfast buffet. Underground parking (max 6'6") is available for a daily charge. Well-appointed guest studios and one-bedroom suites include a private balcony, fridge, microwave, free wifi & DVD player. Ask about kitchen studios for extended stays. Luxurious penthouses offer stunning harbour views. Relax & unwind in the outdoor seasonal pool, indoor whirlpool, sauna, steam room and fitness studio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Best Western, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Inner Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inner Harbour Hotel Victoria
- Best Western Hotel Victoria
- Best Western Victoria
- Best Western Inner Harbour
- Victoria Best Western