“NOISY!!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
BC
“NOISY!!!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have never stayed in a noisier hotel. I could hear talking clearly in the neighboring rooms and in the hallway. The hotel is next to a small park with pretty flowers and trees, but the homeless favored the park benches and I could hear their shopping carts and shouting frequently during the day and in the middle of the night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Another-Road-Trip
BWIH_Manager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inner Harbour, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your visit in May. I apologize that you did not have a better stay with us.

As we are a concrete building, we quite often hear the opposite of your comments regarding noise transfer between rooms. I apologise that this was an issue for you.

The city-owned park neighbouring the North side of our property is well maintained and provides a beautiful outlook from our guest room balconies. It is the reality that while Victoria is a smaller city we do still experience some of the not so positive aspects of urban life. That said, Victoria is still regarded as a safe and welcoming city, and I am sorry that your experience gave you an unfavourable impression.

I truly hope that otherwise your visit to Victoria was successful and would very much appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you again

Rachel Dickinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Basic hotel, only good thing is the location. Updated lobby, very modern and clean. Now time to do the rooms and bathrooms.
Hopefully breakfast will be better, priced high for a Best Western, they one on Davie and Denman was cheaper than this location and safer feel.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Stuart-Chiu-Griffin
BWIH_Manager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inner Harbour, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Stuart,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that our hotel did not meet all your expectations.

It is pleasing to hear, though, that you were impressed with our newly renovated lobby. We are so very proud of the design which highlights the beauty of Canada’s West Coast. Our guest room bathrooms were renovated in early 2012, with granite countertops, under-mount sinks & new hardware, and floor tiles. I am sorry that this design update was not pleasing to you.

I am troubled by your comment regarding the safe feel of our hotel location. We are situated on a beautiful tree-lined street in a residential area, with other hotels and condominiums as our neighbours. This comment is not a typical reflection of other reviews of our hotel.

Again, I am very sorry that we did not meet all of your expectations on this visit but I truly hope that you will give us another chance to be of service.

Edmonton
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights on business. Excellent location near shops, water and restaurants. Underground parking and breakfast were bonuses. A workout room was advertised but really only had 3 pieces of equipment in a cramped space. Room was clean and staff was friendly. Breakfast was more than expected and all day coffee in the lobby was a nice touch

1 Thank CanadaSportsDoc
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent business trip to Victoria. I appreciate you taking the time to share with us your thoughts on your visit.

I am pleased to hear that you appreciated our central Inner Harbour location, and that the value-added complimentary hot breakfast buffet was more than you expected. There is such a varied selection to start your day - from pancakes and sausages to yogurt & granola with fruit. There is something for everyone.

Thank you also for sharing your feedback about our fitness facilities. You are correct in that we are limited with space in that area. However, our cardio equipment is in excellent working order. And the whirlpool, steam room & outdoor heated pool are just a few short steps away from that area to allow you to continue your recreational activities.

On behalf of the team, thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Victoria soon.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Although we didn't get the harbour view that we had hoped for our stay at the Best Western Inner Harbour was very pleasant. Lee at the front desk was most helpful at check-in and we had a room with two balconies! The room was spacious and the king bed comfortable. We didn't use the kitchenette prefering to eat at the wonderful restaurants in Victoria. (Barb's Fish and Chips takes first prize over Red Fish Blue Fish in the fish 'n chips category in our opinion.) Checkout was very efficient and It was only a short walk to the Victoria Clipper ferry to Seattle. We would stay again but go for the harbour view.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Vicki and Dan,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Victoria and your stay at the Best Western Plus Inner Harbour. You certainly had beautiful sunshine during your visit in early June and I hope that you were able to see all of the amazing sights Victoria has to offer.

Thank you for noting the exceptional service of Lee at our Front Desk, and I will be sure to share your compliments with him.

I appreciate you sharing your review with us and thank you also for the opportunity to be of service. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We had a nice stay at Best Western and the rates were very reasonable. Our room was very well equipped with a small but full kitchen (range oven, fridge, microwave, pots, pans, plates, etc.). Fun time buying fresh seafood and cook it in the hotel. Just be careful you don't burn what you are cooking and you don't set off the smoke alarms, lol. The location is great very near the marina and downtown. Not far is the fisherman's wharf for dining and buying fresh seafood. Other good place nearby is Beacon Hill Park, interesting place to walk and exercise, and see many peacocks roaming around outside the petting zoo. Spent a few days in Victoria to visit Butchart Gardens and other nearby islands.

Room Tip: Our 7th floor room had a full kitchen.
London, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We chose Best Western Plus Inner Harbour for location, price, parking, and breakfast being included. The front desk staff, Lee and Chris when we checked in were friendly and helpful, the room was spotless, having a small kitchenette was a plus, we looked out to a garden and pool which was a wonderful view as well as a bit of the inner harbour. The breakfast had lots of variety. When I went to print my boarding passes the day we checked out (May 24) I missed one of the steps. A very helpful desk person solved my problem. I am sorry I did not get her name. Thanks again. We had glorious sunshine to add to a wonderful stay - I highly recommend this Best Western.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor, not as much of a view as higher up but the room being spotless was wh...
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2013

A great place to stay. The location was excellent and front desk staff was so friendly as was the kitchen staff. Rooms were very clean. I was really impressed with the renovations .I was there last October and when I arrived in May I thought I was at the wrong hotel.Awesome job and I would recommend it highly. Having breakfast included in price certainly is a bonus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you, Darlene for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. We truly appreciate you sharing your comments with us.

I am very pleased to hear that you were so amazed by our lobby renovation and almost didn't recognize you were at the same hotel. We are so proud of the finished look and the genuine West Coast feel of the design.

It was a pleasure to welcome you back again to Victoria and we hope to see you again soon.