“Good Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Good Location”
Reviewed April 30, 2008

We spent 3 nights at this hotel and found the staff extremely friendly, helpful and pleasant. The hotel is very close to the waterfront and in a convenient position for those arriving by ferry and for accessing the town.
Unfortunately our room did not overlook the harbour but it was large with a small kitchen. There was a charge if full use of the facilties was required. Our room was clean but the decor was quite dark and seemed old and tired. However the bed and pillows were very comfortable.
A buffet breakfast was included and was served in a very small room by an amazingly efficient lady. We were told that this room is to be enlarged, as the hotel realises that it is not big enough for current use.

• Liked — Its location
  • Disliked — Tired decor
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Aged_Travellers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver,BC
Reviewed February 6, 2008

The Best Western Inner Harbour is below my expectations, given it's location and the positive reviews on TA. I realize that to families and sightseers, my main complaint is probably not a big deal, but as I write this I am using the Days Inn (next doors) internet connection. Why you ask? Because the Best Western internet is just NOT acceptable, in fact, it doesn't work. I could spend hours on with tech support (I myself am tech savvy), but it's so much easier to click on to the neighbouring hotel's free WIRELESS internet. The modem in my room must be hardwired - which limits my mobility.

There aren't enough plugs in the room so everything is connected to an extension cord - and there are no free slots - so I've had to do some handy work to charge my laptop and other required materials.

Aside from technical issues, I am dissappointed in the fact that you have to pay to use any of the kitchen utensils at 15 dollars per night (the Residence Inn by Marriott provides all for you) and although I could get a corkscrew to use from the front desk, that, like getting the wire for the internet, was a step required by me that shouldn't have been required to begin with.

The room is dated, but appears to be clean. They are apparently doing renovations right now - which is good because it could use an update.

On the postiive? The front desk was very nice, and the underground parking is nice and secure. Also, the bathroom is a nice size and provides me with (almost) everything I need. Stil, next time I'm in Victoria, I'll be looking for more of a Residence Inn...

• Liked — central location, vic's restaurant down the street was great!
  • Disliked — internet access, kitchen limitations
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank CDNcasualtraveller
BWIH_Manager, Manager at Best Western Plus Inner Harbour, responded to this review, February 11, 2008
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We certainly value such comments, as this lets us know where we have room to improve. We recently embarked on an upgrade to our complimentary hard-wired high speed system to improve the service and are still completing this change over. We do offer complimentary wireless service in our lobby, and the security the in-room hard-wired service offers has been appreciated by many of our business travellers. Having said that, we would like the opportunity to discuss your experience further in person so we may have a chance to accommodate your next stay to victoria. Please call the hotel directly at 1-888-383-2378 and ask for any manager. Thanks again.
ny/nj
Reviewed October 30, 2007

Located just 1.5 blocks from the center of Victoria, including Parliament, Empress Hotel, and the terrific Royal BC Museum. This was a very good and well-priced hotel, very clean with a large room and large bathroom. There was also a kitchenette which I was not expecting! The only drawback is that there is no air conditioning in the room. We were told to just open the door of our balcony to get our room to cool off. At least there was a fan in the room. I would probably not stay there again, but only because of this air conditioning problem.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank nycjenn17
Shropshire
Reviewed October 24, 2007

Enjoyed my stay here. Attractive rooms, good facilities. Pleasant views but don't be fooled by publicity pictures - only some of the rooms have harbour views.
Good little kitchen area arranged off to the corner of the room with a table & 2 chairs.
Exercise room an absolute disaster! Three machines squeezed into a tiny space, 2 broken and only the treadmill working.
Good breakfast room arrangement, with toast juice eggs etc., supplied to your order.
Nice location, nice town.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank JayjayLudlow
Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2007

Wonderful place to stay. Our room overlooked the harbor and even had a little kitchen in it. We opened the ktitchen window for the night (no AC - don't need it there), closed the balcony doors, turned on the fan and slept well. They even had recycling bucket in the bathroom!! Why can't the States do that?!!

The breakfast was delightful with little scones, nice selection of teas, juices and a nice young man who was eager to please, waiting on the tables. Parking was free and access easy. We walked to Chinatown for dinner with our friends from Victoria. It was a beautiful walk there along the harbor and nice walk back down Government (I think that was the street name) where all the shopping is.

We loved Canada! We'll definitely return again soon!

• Liked — Everything.
  • Disliked — A bit of trouble picking up the wireless internet in certain areas of the room.
  • Stayed June 2007