“Very good”

Best Western Plus Inner Harbour
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Victoria
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 18, 2011

After 2 weeks travelling BC we wanted a central location in Victoria for a few days. The BWIH gave us everything we needed with a central location, harbour view from balcony and parking. It also gave us friendly and helpful staff, a good size room with excellent facilities including a small kitchen. The hotel was well decorated and clean. Good complimentary breakfasts. It was the most expensive hotel we stayed at during our tour but we expect that in return for the location and facilities and so we have no complaint at all in that respect. Overall we cannot fault it. Sitting on our room balcony overlooking the harbour drinking wine after a full day is one of the main memories of this trip to BC.

Room Tip: Obviously the harbour view rooms are preferable although they attract premium rates as you would exp...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
BWIH_Manager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for the lovely review of our hotel. It sounds like you were able to enjoy the view of the Inner Harbour from your balcony, and glad to hear this will be a highlight from your holiday in Victoria.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,963)

Reviewed September 17, 2011

What more could anyone want with location? One block to the government building, two blocks to the museum and Empress Hotel, one block to the ferry to Port Angeles, and reasonable walking distance to downtown shopping and fine dining.
The room was quite nice, and even had a kitchen! Room 401.
Staff was very professional, helpful, and friendly. The room rate for this hotel seems high compared with other cities, but is competitive with other hotels in the immediate vicinity. Less expensive hotels are available further from the downtown, but the convenience of the location makes the premium for the room worthwhile.
The breakfast buffet had a wide selection. The management told me that they plan to add more hot items next year. The indoor hot tub is beautiful. There is also a fitness room and outdoor swimming pool--if you have time to use them!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 401 with a King Bed. If you have kids, you may want a room in the Penthouse or wi...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Thanks for choosing our hotel, and we are delighted you found our location outstanding! There is so much to see and do in the inner harbour area, and lots for kids and families (including the Victoria Bug Zoo, Beacon Hill Petting Zoo and Miniature World to name a few.) Thanks again for staying with us!

Reviewed September 16, 2011

This was our 5th or 6th stay here and it never disappoints! The room are comfortable and clean, quiet and affordable. The staff are professional, friendly and exceptionally helpful. The complementary breakfast is very good. The pool and poolside are lovely. The neighborhood is quiet. The view of the harbor is magnificent. Couldn't ask for better...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

I love it when a guest has stayed so many times that they have lost count! Thanks for coming back and we look forward to having you back again and again!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

My colleague and I stayed at the Best Western Inner Harbour (BWIH) in Victoria for a conference. We were too late to book into the hotel where our conference was being hosted, but the BWIH was just down the street. The website was easy to use, the bookings representative on the phone was friendly and helpful, and the price was great.

We arrived early, the Guest Services staff were so friendly and helpful, and such happy people that they had everyone in the lobby smiling and laughing. They checked our bags, and took our cell phone number to call us as soon as our room was ready.

The lobby was bright and spacious, the furniture comfortable, and there was free fresh coffee available to guests.

Our room was large, with two comfortable queen beds. There was a small kitchenette off the side of the room with a full stove/oven, microwave, kettle, coffee pot etc. We had a balcony that looked out into the tree lined street. The bathroom was large and clean with a fantastic shower.

We slept peacefully, there was no noise in the night, and in the morning we enjoyed our free breakfast in their breakfast room. There was fruit, a wide variety of pastries, toast, bagels, english muffins, and a self serve fresh waffle station.

Parking was free and they let us leave our car in their lot a few additional hours after our check out as the conference didn't wrap up until later in the day.

For tourists and sightseeing, they are literally around the corner from the famous Victoria Parliament Buildings, and Government Street where street vendors and entertainers line the harbour.

We were traveling on business, but it felt more like a vacation, partly because Victoria is so fabulous, and partly because of the quality and services of the hotel.

I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in Victoria - for work or play.

Room Tip: We were beside the elevator and right over the front door - potential for all kinds of noise, but we...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Wow - thanks for all your compliments on your recent stay with us, and I especially loved hearing that you felt more like you were on vacation than here for work. For us too (most days)! Glad to hear my team made you feel so at home, and we look forward to seeing you back here when business or pleasure calls!

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Booked based on reviews here. Clean, comfortable, continental breakfast included with room was more than the name implies and you can easily eat a hearty breakfast to start your day. Free parking a bonus, reasonable rates and convenient location.

Room Tip: If you want a view, request harbour view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
BWIH_Manager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to Victoria. We sincerely appreciated that you stayed with us based on what others had to say, and that our hotel suited your needs! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I consider myself a well traveled person (both for business and leisure). I'm a Best Western's regular customer throughout North America and I selected this hotel based on the very positive reviews that I could find on Internet. The hotel amenities are up to my expectations and I'm sure I will enjoy the complimentary breakfast tomorrow morning (as I always do at every Best Western).
The issue I'm facing today is related to the room that has been assigned to me: room 107. It's located on the main floor (which is a semi-basement as the room is in fact under ground level) and next to the hotel's main entrance. You can't leave the patio door open for too long as you can hear cars driving by the entrance and people coming in and out of the hotel. Heavy curtains must be kept closed at all times unless you don't mind people seeing what's going on in your room ... Considering there's not A/C in the room, the temperature can get a little uncomfortable after a few hours.
When I asked the front desk whether it would be possible to get another basic room elsewhere in the hotel, I was informed that I'd have to pay an extra $100/night for this to happen ! Needless to say that this is not the answer I was expecting. I'm staying for this one night only as it is too late to cancel. I decided to book with another hotel for the remainder of my stay in Victoria. Being away from home on business, I consider that I deserve a place where I can enjoy some quiet and basic comfort in my room.
Once again, this hotel seems to be up to par with other Best Western hotels. My only advice is to avoid room 107 (and any other in the same part of the building).

Room Tip: Avoid room 107 or any other room on the main floor that is located on the same side as the hotel'...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Business_TravCanada

I apologize that the location of the room you were assigned did not meet your needs, and that we were unable to accommodate your request for another room location. Our hotel was very busy (almost sold out when you arrived and then fully booked shortly after) for the dates of your stay, limiting any options for changes to be made at arrival. To clarify, the upgrade option offered by our staff was for a much larger suite which included many additional amenities and apologized for not have any other standard (basic) rooms available with our limited availability.

I can appreciate that you had not wanted to stay on the lobby level, but we do have many guests that will specifically reserve lobby level so I think this really comes down to personal preference. The lobby level rooms are all appointed the same as rooms elsewhere, and each has its own patio that looks out onto landscaped areas which provide privacy and a (green) garden view. In fact, we have a Trip Advisor review from November 13, 2009, entitled "What a pleasant surprise" from a guest who stayed in the exact same room as you did and they even posted a couple pictures to the gallery.

We hope that you will come back and stay with us again, and please feel free to request at time of booking your room preferences which we will do our very best to accommodate.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I find the location of the Best Western Harbourside area excellent. It is close to so many great things to enjoy.
The breakfast area is bright and very pleasant. I found the rooms clean, roomy, and well laid out. They are also quite quiet.
We had a corner room so we got to sit outside and enjoy both a front and a side balcony.
All of the staff were friendly and helpful from the time we arrived to our departure.
This was our second stay at this location and we will certainly stay there on our next trip to Victoria.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner unit.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for once again staying with us, and we hope to see you both back on many more happy occasions!