All reviews mayfair mall free breakfast breakfast room yogurt make your own waffles medical reasons liquor store laminate flooring road noise priced hotel short drive downtown area hot breakfast room was clean and comfortable butchart gardens downtown victoria sofa bed
Reviewed March 21, 2018

I travelled to Victoria from Vancouver to see my father through brain surgery. My stay was planned for four nights, but the operation went well and he was scheduled to leave a day early so I cancelled my final night. Right after cancelling the 4th night, I dropped my only car key down the crack of the elevator. I immediatley panicked and went to tell front desk. Since it was 10PM, there wasn't much to do but call the elevator company to explore emergency rates. Thankfully, I'm covered from my dealer for a key replacement but Ford could not get have it coded until 3PM the next day. I let maintenance know, and I told them I would be calling booking.com to extend my stay another night rather than fork out $500 for the elevator company to retrieve my key. The kind gentleman then said to wait as he will talk to management about extending my stay. They gave me a preferred medical rate so only $80 would come out of my pocket (room rate) while I wait for Ford to replace my keys.
On top of that, I told the gentleman that I had to pick up my dad from the hospital as he was being discharged today around 11, and I haven't received my rental car yet. The gentleman then offered MORE peace of mind by offering a ride to either the hospital, or rental place; whichever came first.
In a panicked state with no mobility to the hospital or anywhere for that matter, I cannot thank the Comfort Inn enough for helping me figure out my crappy situation. 5 Solid Gold Stars for service.

I must mention the rooms. My mom came to stay the first 2 nights and we were both extremely pleased with cleanliness. The coffee they supply for the in room coffee maker was the best hotel coffee I have ever had. The complimentary continental breakfast was good as well. We both agree'd the make-yourself waffles were the best ones we had both ever had. I have a very hard time sleeping in a bed that is not my own, but the double beds in our room were very comfortable, and I slept like I was at home.
The central location was another great point. VGH is only a 10 minute drive down the Trans Canada highway, which you can access from basically the hotel parking lot.

Thank you to all the staff at the Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: comfy beds, quiet floors, amazing service
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2018

It was quiet, ask for the 5 story tower if you need rest, EXCELLENT breakfast!!! Clean, onsite liquor store, very close to public transit, walkable to downtown, comfortable beds, great service, computer and printer available, no swimming pool which doesn't matter to us. Many thanks!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2018

This is a great place to stay while in Victoria. Although it is not in the downtown core, it is close to the Mayfair Shopping Centre, restaurants, and bus routes. We were there for a hospital (Jubilee) visit and found the route most easy and less stressful than trying to find our way from downtown. Nice clean rooms, shower, and parking. We had dinner in the restaurant/pub and it was great! (The best cup of coffee I had all day!) Breakfast (included) was good, the standard choices. We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mema98
Reviewed January 25, 2018

Spent 5 days here over Christmas and our stay was very comfortable. The location is very convenient and quite central plus just across the street from the Mayfair Mall. It was very quiet though and we enjoyed the breakfast that was included especially the waffles. The room was clean and perfectly adequate for our needs.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fran N
Reviewed December 21, 2017

I was pleasantly surprised with the final result from our staff Christmas party in the Comfort Inn's banquet hall. there was plenty of room that even had some nice seasonal decoration for the event. The staff was great! something about Canadians always wanting a Ceaser and I of course only want Tomato Juice. the bartender disappeared for a few minutes and searched the establishment for the last half dozen cans he could find, to my pleasant surprise on my next visit to the bar I was presented with my spicy bloody Mary. This may have been a first in many years where someone has gone out of their way on which seemed like such a simple request made a huge impression. Turkey dinner was great with all the trimmings. just not sure what the spaghetti was about? I have to say it turned out to be a great night.

Stayed: December 2017