All reviews mayfair mall free breakfast breakfast room yogurt make your own waffles medical reasons liquor store laminate flooring road noise priced hotel short drive downtown area hot breakfast room was clean and comfortable butchart gardens downtown victoria sofa bed
Reviewed July 27, 2017

Everything was excellent. We chose a suite that had a bed and a sofa sleeper. The sofa sleeper was as comfortable as a bed.
The staff was helpful and friendly. Everything was clean.
The breakfast was very nice and as soon as things were emptied they were refilled with by a very cheerful helpful staff.
I would consider staying there again.
It is a bit of a distance from the main tourist area though an easy and inexpensive bus ride. It is a bit of a walk to the bus stop, maybe 4 blocks. So keep that in mind.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank msrs794
Reviewed July 21, 2017

The hotel was easy to locate, had plenty of above ground parking plus an underground parkade. The room and bathroom were very clean, looked great and of course the bed was awesome. My room was at the back of the hotel and I never heard any traffic noise at all. All staff were very friendly and helpful.

The breakfast room is in what used to be in what I'm sure was a lounge back in the day. Breakfast was hot and tasty. I had no issues with the WiFi and the signal was strong; I was on the 3rd floor.

The quest laundry room could have better signage as I found it (on the last night) by accident. It's on the left as you come into the underground parking by the hotel laundry room.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank KidsRGreat
Reviewed July 20, 2017

We booked a suite for 4 people. The suite had two rooms. Our room had no air conditioning, and when we called them, they sent a guy who couldn't fix it, their other room they offered also had no AC. When we went to get an adjustment on the bill the next morning, they told us that we were already getting a military discount (I served for 22 years) and that should be good enough. Meaning that since we got a military discount that we were not entitled to having a room that was properly equipped
with AC. This feels like discrimination.
2. The hide a bed, was not fit for a dog to sleep in, much less 2 people. We ended up sleeping on a blanket on the floor, as I can not sleep with no back support, and my feet way elevated way above my head.
3. We had a quote with us, they did not want to honor, and finally gave in and took off the $20 they had tacked on as a "4th person" charge.
4. The manager's name is Cheryl Wang, and the only reason she even gave us the $20 off our bill, was because I told them that I would be discussing the charge with Mastercard and disputing the bill.
5. When we went to check out and discuss honoring the original quote, the Manager, CHERYL WANG was nowhere to be found and we ended up dealing with the poor front desk people who had no power to do anything, as they stated.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank adivaenns
Reviewed July 5, 2017

We checked into this hotel after visiting my sister in her room. The rooms are very HUGE. Nice, quiet hotel with close walking distance to the mall.
The room/bathroom was clean with comfortable beds. We did not hear any signs of neighbours. Great selection offered for breakfast, that is included during your stay.
A great place to stay if in the area..

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mel C
Reviewed July 5, 2017

The name of this establishment tells it all: it is a comfortable place! The room we had was large and very clean, the beds (we had two king size beds) were very comfortable with good quality linen and great pillows. The bathroom was nice and clean with an adequate supply of shampoo, conditioner etc.We had a very good and peaceful night's rest, the room was pleasantly quiet.Only one criticism: the coffee in the room was terrible, but this may be just a matter of taste.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple