“Great Place to Stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #37 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was in Victoria for medical reasons. This hotel was comfortable, clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. They offer a medical rate and are close to the Royal Jubilee Hospital. Their king size bed was very comfortable. They offer a hot/cold breakfast. There is also a sports bar on the second floor with good food and nice staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Cynthia R
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have come to expect comfort and convenience at Comfort Inns, and this one in Victoria was no exception. Located about ten minutes away from downtown, we found it a less expensive option to city center accommodations. The service was notable. Unlike many motels today, the reception staff gave us their complete attention rather than glancing up from a computer screen. The room was spacious, scrupulously clean, quiet, and, thankfully, free of perfumed sprays. The continental breakfast included hot dishes in addition to the usual offerings of cereal and pastries, and is served in a restaurant setting rather than the more typical motel "breakfast rooms" that are cramped, never have enough tables, and are crowded with guests milling about and bumping into each other.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and wish to have an opportunity to move from the first second.
First of all, upon our arrival after 16:00, the room was not ready. The room doesn't shine of cleanliness, very noisy with the most uncomfortable bed we ever had. Your imagination will work well at this hotel, especially at night: the bed's 'waving' with every slight move you make is even worse than a whale watching cruise in a stormy day. The noise from the AC will transfer you to the engine of a jambo plane and if without AC, you are on Formula1 thanks to the highway next to the hotel.
The only good thing was the breakfast where you can make fresh waffles by yourself.
Could find a better hotel in this area.

3  Thank Jonathan_rishon
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This property was a Holiday Inn several years ago when we lived in Victoria so when the need to stay in Victoria came about, we decided to give it a try.

When we booked online, we were not aware that there was a separate building that appeared to be an older motel structure that was separate from the main building. Although the room itself was OK, the common area had a carpet that was absolutely filthy looking. The fridge was not working in the room and I suspect this room was not used recently as it took five minutes of running the hot water before it started to warm up. The bedding was clean but had a dusty stale smell to it, probably because it had not been rented recently and was likely made up weeks ago. We would consider staying here again, if needed but I would not accept a room in this building again.

The website should identify rooms in this building separately. Our impressions of our stay may have been different if we had stayed in the main building.

On the plus side, our experiences checking in and out were excellent. The breakfast room is very large and attractive as it is in, what I believe is the old Holiday Inn Coffee Shop. The breakfast offerings were adequate. There is a pub restaurant attached and room service is available from there.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building
1  Thank Cashman777
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We spent 3 nights at this Comfort Inn. The rooms are large, clean and a good breakfast. The reason I'm giving them a 3 star is for two reasons. First, dirty laundry was still in the hallway on the 3rd floor at 6:00 in the evening and dirty room service dishes for more than a day. Second, our room was not cleaned when we arrived at 6:15 one evening. Rob told me at the front desk 'housekeeping was gone'. I insisted and another guy at the desk help take care of us. We returned after dinner and the room had clean towels, empty wastebaskets, and poorly made up beds. I spoke with the Manager Jon the next day. He was rather 'unconcerned' and said they had problems getting help. I asked for compensation for that day. He told me he would leave me a voice mail after talking with the staff. No voice mail, didn't expect one with his attitude. At check out we received a $50.00 credit on the bill. This is very acceptable, but the Customer Service from all staff at the hotel needs to improve greatly. Obviously, poor Customer Service starts at the top here with the Manager and works it way down to the rest of the staff.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms on the front are very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We found this hotel to have a good location, and the staff was great. Rob at the front desk was great and very helpful with planning our whale watching tour. He offered his personal advice and opinion, which we really appreciated. Housekeeping was very friendly and courteous. The customer service was great, but what I was extremely disappointed by and did not expect was the lack of environmentally friendly steps the hotel was taking. Most hotels are going green and doing their part in recycling and helping the environment, but this location surely was not. There was not a recycling bin in the room, and all of the plates, cups, and cutlery was plastic in the breakfast room. This was extremely disappointing, as every morning we left the breakfast room the garbages were overflowing with thrown away plastics. My only recommendations for this hotel are: get a dishwasher, real plates and cutlery, and start recycling!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I am a student who stayed in Victoria during the Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences back in June. The whole island was full! Luckily, I was able to book a room at this hotel. Having worked for 2 Comfort Inns (in New-Brunswick), I knew this place would feel like home! It was very clean, the breakfast was AMAZING and the Front Desk Clerk was so nice! He knew I was french by my address so he tried as much as possible to serve me in french, which was greatly appreciated! If I could only remember his name... Even though I had a funky room (it was L shaped), I appreciated the quiet environnement. I also had forgotten my watch there and they were more than happy to send it back to me! Nothing bad to say about this place :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business