“Worst Night Ever-Bed Bugs!!!!”
Review of Metro Inn

Metro Inn
Ranked #73 of 91 Victoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Do Not Stay in this Motel. Worst Night Ever! The room was disgustingly dirty. I didn't even want to take my shoes off and walk on the floor. The bathroom door was broken and couldn't be latched shut. The curtains were filthy, ripped and didn't close completely. I was extremely nervous about sleeping in the bed. At 1:00 in the morning I woke up, turned on the light and saw a bug crawling on my bed. And then another bug. And then another bug. I spent most of the night killing bed bugs and trying to keep them off my son who was still sleeping. I should have have slept in the car!!! Do Not Stay in this Motel!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Traveler87899295

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our experience trying to check in and stay at Metro Inn was mind blowlingly awful. We booked a night through Expedia and realized we wouldn't make the 9pm check in, so we called to ask if we could check in late. The woman on the phone told us yes, and that she would leave our key in the dropbox. My boyfriend and I got there at 8:45, along with our two friends who had driven us there. There was a 19 year old girl in front of us getting turned away for being younger than 30. The manager briefly looked up at us to ask what we needed. We told her we had a reservation to which she promptly replied, "no you don't." Pardon me? When she had successfully unjustly turned the 19 year old away based on age it was about 8:50. She found our reservation receipt and credit card pre-auth and immediately kept trying to find excuses to make us leave, none of which made sense: she tried telling us they were closed (it was 8:50, ten minutes before their close), that they didn't rent to people under 25 (my boyfriend is 30), that we had too many people staying in the room (we had booked for two and there were two of us standing there trying to check in). Finally when she had used up all her potential excuses we tried to re-explain the situation and ask her reasons for turning us away to which she gave us the explanation "no reason". She refused to give us our money back or our room key with the justification of "no reason". After about a half hour of pointless arguing with this woman we gave up and left, 80$ in the hole and nowhere to stay for the night. We were completely at a loss for words at how incredibly rude and immediately discriminatory this woman had been. No one should have that kind of customer service experience, especially when simply trying to politely check in to the hotel that they've already booked and paid for. How a business like this continues to run is beyond me. Bottom line, never
EVER stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013
10  Thank Jehenderson
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I am a big traveller and this has been by far the worst place I have ever stayed at. When entering the room my aunt and I found that it was completely dirty. The counter and furniture tops were sticky, including the fridge where we needed to place our food. This place would not pass any heath standards considering it has a kitchenette. After discovering our dirty room I went down to the front desk and requested cleaning supplies to wipe down the room. The desk clerk insisted that the room was just cleaned and the sticky residue was do to old stickers being removed. Regardless of my attempts to clean my room myself. The staff came to our room and wipe down some of the counters and fridge in front of us. This still did not make the place seem any more cleaner. Our bathroom was disgusting, and we did not even shower during our stay because it wasn't possible to shower in the dirt, hair filled shower.

To top it off we revived a call from the manager at 12 am (while I was sleeping and my aunt was getting ready for bed). She yelled at us to stop making noise and threatened to call the police on us. I tried to informed her we only arrived to our room a few hours ago and have been quietly watching television since, however she continued to threaten me and hung up.

The next morning we had to fight to get our 150$ damage deposit back. (Why they have a damage deposit for us I don't know cause it was already damaged by holes in the walls and cupboards kicked in). The manager treated us horribly as if we were partiers and had to check our room before we left. This was ridiculous because we were on a family trip and caused no disturbances. We should have been treated better considering were not even satisfied with the room. Worst customer service ever!!!! I wish I could give this place a 0!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank tbayreviewartist
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is hands down the worst place I've ever stayed. Pictures are deceiving! It's so dirty and disgusting - we have what looks like spaghetti sauce stains on the bathroom floor, ink stains on our sheets and holes in the wall.
We had to move from our first room because it absolutely stunk like smoke even though we requested a non-smoking room - at first the rude manager said there was nothing else but at the last second found another room.
Most of the room are occupied by people that live here month to month. All the furniture is clearly bought at a discount "as-is" place because the bright orange stickers are still on them.
Horrible, squeaky bed with springs sticking out. Hot room with no a/c.
Just do yourself a favour and spend a few extra bucks and go somewhere else! We should have stayed in our car...

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank JenMcMillan
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This motel is just plain horrible, just giving it 1 rating is 1 too many. At first impression the place looked very unwelcoming, it looked old, dirty and beaten up. When we were first introduced into the rooms it felt like a concentration of dust suddenly rushed out right when we opened the door and into my nose. The room was covered in dust, the windows, the curtains, the counter, the cabinets, the beds etc. The ceiling had huge leak marks in them had it not been sunny the room would have had been soaking wet. I found dead moths in between the base and foam of the beds. I opened the cupboards and found old cooking ware that were unclean. The sink was brown and underneath it I discovered rust eating the pipe and the cabinet floor due to previous leakage. It was so dirty and disgusting underneath the beds, I found crumbs and huge chunks of food and also dirt and dust, obviously they never clean under the beds. The ceiling fan was covered in a thick layer of dust similar to a pine tree covered in snow during the winter. The sink in the kitchen and the bathroom ran through the same pipe that when you took a shower the sink would clog up without it even being used. The beds looked like they just fix it without even washing it. I had a few scratches here and there but more scratches than usual. The service was-- correction, there was no service AT ALL. We left a house keeping sign by the knob though nobody came. We went directly to the manager to clean our room still, nobody came. There are so many adjectives to describe the manager that I can't say of how horrible and unproffesional her personality and management skills are. Her attitude ticked us all off. She herself complained of how noisy we were. The wind blew the door and there she was, we told her that it was the wind that caught that door and we apologized. Although, she came with an aggressive and an unfriendly approach believing it was our fault. After apologizing she kept going on telling us to be quiet in a sharp, quick, angry and strict tone. We told her we were sorry and we literally closed the door in front of her because she would not go away. The next morning we were in our car parked in the parking lot searching the web through our phones for tourist spots. She drove and stop beside us and rolled down her windows viewing us as strangers and asked us "Can I help you?" we told her that we stayed in the motel she drove away and parked in her parking lot. When she got out of her car she stared at us for a minute looking at us like strangers, like she did not want us there. Apparantley she confronted anyone out in the parking lot when we saw other people she approached. One night we were going in and out of our room because we had to move our stuff from our car to the rooms and there she was staring at us in every move that we do it looked like she was on patrol or something and it bothered us alot. 5 am in the morning we were getting ready to check out so we can catch the ferry in order for us to be in Kelowna before night. We were moving literally like ninjas in and out knowing that we still had neighbours that were sleeping. Although she came knocking on the door once again complaining of how noisy we were even though we were literally moving at dead silence. She asked us "Are you leaving right now because it's like 5am in the morning and your noisy" we calmly replied to her that we're checking out but apparantley she ignored it and threatened that "You are too noisy if you guys can't be quiet then leave" this really ticked me off so I confronted her and started a scene 5am in the morning. Our other family members in other rooms saw this and also joined the scene. We were so enraged towards her attitude and how bad her management skills and service are. She threatened us that she will call the police so we gladly told her that we would wait for the police to come and even offered her my phone. She went back to her room or office and we waited for awhile in the parking lot for the "police" she phoned to come though nobody came. She never came out of her room again and we just left. 110% I would never recommend this place to ANYONE not even to a person that is slightly below middle class. The only great thing about this is the location and that's it everything else is garbage. Never have I seen a motel so disgusting as this one and a manager with such an irritating personality to others, and poor management skills. I WOULD NEVER EVER EVER RECOMMEND STAYING IN THIS MOTEL. This motel deserves a rating less than 0.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Lawliet R
Reviewed July 27, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE:
We checked in after having to cancel one of our nights and we had booked with Expedia, it took over an hour to cancel the room. When we checked in the manager / owner says to me so oh you are the trouble maker. I said excuse me and she went on ranting about how I should have just cancelled on line to avoid her having to talk to Expedia. When i told her i tried she just glared at me. She then asked who was all staying I said my daughter, son in law 7 week old granddaughter and myself.She goes well the baby is not going to cry all night is she. I stated NO. She goes I hope not. So we check in go into the room it is not very clean, the drawer under the sink has dead onions in it I go to tell the front desk and she goes oh the cleaning ladies sometimes forget to clean there. I asked her if some one was going to clean it she goes tomorrow. DISGUSTING....

Room Tip: stay elsewhere