“Bad service”

Lady Marmalade Restaurant & Catering
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The food looked great but unfortunately we didn't get to try it. We took a seat and waited for about 15 minutes before my friend had to get up and ask for menus to which he got a snotty comment from the server. So we left and won't go back. There are other better and busier breakfast/lunch spots in the area where the staff actually make an effort.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We ate here again on a recent trip to Victoria. We used to eat here regularly when we lived in Victoria but only breakfast. This time we had lunch - bad idea! The Thai Slaw salad was thrown together like no one cared with huge chunks of cabbage with barely any dressing, there were barely any of the other ingredients that were supposed to be in in (sprouts, peanuts) - and for $8.50 I would expect more of a cabbage salad. The cilantro hadn't been washed. The waiter never checked on our meal so we didn't have a chance to give feedback until we were leaving. My husband did have the breakie ranchereo (or something like that) and he really enjoyed his meal.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This restaurant is small and unassuming when you walk by but the smells of fabulous food draw you in and you will be glad you took the chance to try it. The fusion flavors of Mexican food and the sauces are awesome! The whole wheat breakfast crepe was delightful. Locals know this is the place to go for breakfast!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were roaming the streets of Vancouver... Hungry for breakfast and in a mood, when we happened upon this little gem. All-day-breakfast! I had hue is rancheros with fresh coriander, avocado, chili. Heaven! Kids had the most delicious French toasts and waffles. Only idea for improvement: we'll the coffees and cappuccinos are good by anyone's standard I guess. However in such a cool, hip and delicious place I would whoosh for barrista-style coffee (the heart of milk, you know what I mean)..,that would make this place perfect...

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was in downtown Victoria yesterday and needing a good hearty breakfast. We wound up at Lady Marmalade on Johnson Street because John's Place was too busy. So one thing you will have to get past right away. The decor is . . . well to be honest there really isn't a decor . . . just an odd collection of tables and chairs.
So if you can get past the look (btw it is very clean) go in and try the Huevos Rancherettes with a side of Bangers. That is what I had and I was very impressed. In fact everyone in our group thought the food was great. When the bill came, for three people, plus tip , it was less than $50.00. Give this a try. It is worth the effort.