“A Wonderful Day!”

$72.84*
and up
Whale-Watching Cruise with Expert Naturalists
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1985, Five Star Whale Watching is Victoria’s longest running and most respected Whale Watching company. We are a family business offering unparalleled service and location. Five Star Whale Watching has been a key player in establishing Victoria British Columbia as a world famous whale watching destination. Our high speed expedition catamarans are the perfect vessels for environmentally friendly and responsible whale watching without sacrificing comfort!With over 80 Resident Orcas (Salmon Eating Killer Whales) and numerous Transient Orcas (Marine Mammal eating Killer Whales), discover why Whale Watching in Victoria B.C is a must for any visitor. Our marine life also includes Humpback Whales, Migrating Gray Whales, Minke Whales, Porpoise, Seals, Sea Lions and numerous Marine Birds. We live in one of the best places in the world to enjoy whale watching – let our expert staff and crew educate and inspire you with the wonders of the Salish Sea!We take our marine environment seriously, and strive to implement the “Reduce, reuse, recycle” philosophy in all we do.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“A Wonderful Day!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My in-laws from Montreal were visiting so we headed to Victoria for the weekend. We were blessed with sunshine and whales. First we followed a single Minke and then headed off in search for the Orcas. We found one of the local pods and followed them for an hour or so. It was wonderful. We got close enough to get some pictures.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Lia P

world wide
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Company That Knows Cetaceans (whales and similar)”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had an amazing time on a 5 Star trip, so much so I went again the following year!

Both times the Crew did their best to find whales and Dolphins, sea lions and anything else interesting going on. Both times we came across Killer Whales (which I discovered are actually "Dolphins!"). The Naturalists were caring and very knowledgeable, they had there speeches of course , though when questioned about more in-depth stuff .... They Knew it.The hot chocolate was a great treat on the second trip which was a cooler evening trip near fall!

the First trip we had a Killer Whale (Orca) chase a salmon under the hull of the boat, which was amazing, the second trip we only had the Orca pass us bye, though there were about 20 off them and we had great sightings. these encounters wont always happen or be this great though they do happen!

I left feeling more knowledgeable about the ocean wonders and the Marine mammals that inhabit it ( the oceans that is).

Cheers guys and gals!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank oleegan
Sarasota, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Maybe it was timing”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We were in Victoria in early September and booked with Five Star. The company and the staff were very professional and the equipment was as advertised. The problem was we searched and searched and after a few hours they spotted two hump back whales. They never came out of the water and every single whale watching boat from every company had them surrounded. Maybe the time of the year was wrong for watching. The crew ran the tour long so we could maybe have a siting. Overall it was very disappointing and very expensive for seeing a lot of seals which can be seen in numerous settings.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Marc L
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Seeing the whales was a total bonus!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was fortunate to go out on a calm day. Being as I am from the prairies I new very little about the ocean or whales so I was quite excited. Thanks to the on board Naturalists and Captain I feel like I was auditing a marine biology course. What I learned about the ocean and whales was amazing, it turned the ocean which was just a large body of water into and absolute wonderland and then we saw the whales and I was out of mind with excitement. This may sound stupid but it was actually a life changing experience.

Thank You 5 Star staff and especially Captain Trev!

Visited October 2012
victoria
“Excels!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The staff were exceptionally pleasant and well informed about ocean concerns. It was neat to know the guy with the long beard looked after the comings and goings of the whales...what an advantage! The expedition catamarran was really smooth, fast and great for looking at the dolphins plaing on the bow!! 5 Star!!

Visited August 2012