“Great staff!”

$27.63*
and up
Victoria Monkido Classic Aerial Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Near downtown Victoria BC, people ages five to adult enjoy outdoor adventure games in the tree-tops. The popular Monkido aerial obstacle courses include dozens of suspended obstacles and zip-lines. Guests move at their own pace across tightropes, plank bridges, swinging logs; cargo nets, tree ladders, and more surprises - six to 60 feet (2-18m) above ground! Demonstration is included; no experience is necessary - just the ability to "monkey-see, monkey-do"! ...Thrill seekers test their mettle with a What's To Fear Jump (WTF Jump), a 40-foot loose-line leap from high perch to forest floor.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Victoria, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I took my mom here for mothers day in the spring. She is afraid of heights but wanted to try it out. It was a lot of fun, we did all of the courses except the black, there were parts that were a little scary, like climbing the ladders to get to the higher platforms but you are attached by two clips at all times. We had a small group which allowed us to go at our own pace, there are always staff on the ground waiting to help if needed. My mom didn't end up conquering her fear of heights on this adventure and ended up having to be lowered to the ground by the staff in the middle of one of the obstacles! I thought she was going to be stuck up there all day, but they were so quick in coming to rescue her, it was pretty impressive to watch. I'd recommend to anyone, just maybe not those with a serious fear of heights.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank ChrystalF

Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I came to Victoria to visit family for the long weekend and wanted to do something different so we decided to come and try 'Monkido'. I have to start by saying the service we received even before reaching the site exceeded our expectations. Holly made our reservation and gave us great directions and explained what would happen when we got there. Once we arrived the young woman who greeted us clearly loved her job and answered the million questions my kids had, she even offered to lend her camera to us so we could take some pictures! It was the first time in a while where I felt like a guest rather then a customer. I probably would have been content without even doing the ropes course. We had our guide teach us how to use the equipment properly and safely before we started on Monkido. The ropes course gets more difficult as you go along there were 4 levels I believe, I made it to the end of the third while my sons did the black diamond (the hardest one). The course had ziplines nets, bridges and ladders. I was happy i didnt need to be super fit to do most of the course. The guides watching us gave me lots of tips and motivated me to do the red section. Definitely the most I have bonded with my two sons ages 14 and 18 in a very long. So thank you to everyone who made this experience as great as it was. Will definitely be sharing this with others. If you're reading this...TRY IT! You will not be disappointed.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Marlene B
Calgary, Alberta
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great family experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

There are so few activities that parents and teens to do together but this place is one of them. The staff were just excellent. Hillary got us harnessed up and showed us how the clips and zipline attachment worked and then we started climbing. There are four levels; the final one being quite high and quite challenging. The staff person who orients you stays with your group (they are on the ground) and provides support and encouragement. There is a small selection of beverages to purchase but no food, so take along a snack. There are lockers available. Great way to build confidence and get outside your "comfort zone". You are always tethered to a safety line by two clips and so it's very safe. Would love to go back!

Visited August 2012
Comox, Canada
144 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 178 helpful votes
“Beyond awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We have so much fun every time we go, I can return again, and again, and again! And when you are tired here - head to Nanaimo and enjoy a totally different course again, and again and again!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank DiscoverAndEnjoy
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Must do Family adventures”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

After doing the Discover Island boat and kayaking trip with Ocean River Adventures, we went out to a near by town (15 mins driving) to WildPlay. What a blast, The monkido (spelling) is a riot - very different than other parks we have been to. The zipling is like every where else but the monkido is really something not to be missed.

Visited August 2012