“Outstanding!”

$16.84*
and up
Victoria Kids Aerial Adventure Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Near downtown Victoria BC, people ages five to adult enjoy outdoor adventure games in the tree-tops. The popular Monkido aerial obstacle courses include dozens of suspended obstacles and zip-lines. Guests move at their own pace across tightropes, plank bridges, swinging logs; cargo nets, tree ladders, and more surprises - six to 60 feet (2-18m) above ground! Demonstration is included; no experience is necessary - just the ability to "monkey-see, monkey-do"! ...Thrill seekers test their mettle with a What's To Fear Jump (WTF Jump), a 40-foot loose-line leap from high perch to forest floor.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I came to Victoria to visit family for the long weekend and wanted to do something different so we decided to come and try 'Monkido'. I have to start by saying the service we received even before reaching the site exceeded our expectations. Holly made our reservation and gave us great directions and explained what would happen when we got there. Once we arrived the young woman who greeted us clearly loved her job and answered the million questions my kids had, she even offered to lend her camera to us so we could take some pictures! It was the first time in a while where I felt like a guest rather then a customer. I probably would have been content without even doing the ropes course. We had our guide teach us how to use the equipment properly and safely before we started on Monkido. The ropes course gets more difficult as you go along there were 4 levels I believe, I made it to the end of the third while my sons did the black diamond (the hardest one). The course had ziplines nets, bridges and ladders. I was happy i didnt need to be super fit to do most of the course. The guides watching us gave me lots of tips and motivated me to do the red section. Definitely the most I have bonded with my two sons ages 14 and 18 in a very long. So thank you to everyone who made this experience as great as it was. Will definitely be sharing this with others. If you're reading this...TRY IT! You will not be disappointed.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Marlene B

Calgary, Alberta
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great family experience!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

There are so few activities that parents and teens to do together but this place is one of them. The staff were just excellent. Hillary got us harnessed up and showed us how the clips and zipline attachment worked and then we started climbing. There are four levels; the final one being quite high and quite challenging. The staff person who orients you stays with your group (they are on the ground) and provides support and encouragement. There is a small selection of beverages to purchase but no food, so take along a snack. There are lockers available. Great way to build confidence and get outside your "comfort zone". You are always tethered to a safety line by two clips and so it's very safe. Would love to go back!

Comox, Canada
158 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 183 helpful votes
“Beyond awesome”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We have so much fun every time we go, I can return again, and again, and again! And when you are tired here - head to Nanaimo and enjoy a totally different course again, and again and again!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank DiscoverAndEnjoy
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Must do Family adventures”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

After doing the Discover Island boat and kayaking trip with Ocean River Adventures, we went out to a near by town (15 mins driving) to WildPlay. What a blast, The monkido (spelling) is a riot - very different than other parks we have been to. The zipling is like every where else but the monkido is really something not to be missed.

New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Interesting high ropes course, not for everyone”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We took a cab out to the park from downtown, they advertise "minutes from downtown" they mean 25 minutes so it was not a cheap ride.

The staff were mostly ok, a few didn't really care what was going on and seemed bored and uninterested.

The was another group in front of us and we had to wait almost 20 minutes to start.
1/2 way through we were talking to some of the other group and half of them were a bit scared to continue and were mad that they could not get any refunds at all. Apparently more than half never finish and that is expected by the organizers but of course they don't tell you that, it is just a money grab.

We had two kids on the course, 1 went all the way the other did quit.

They had a decent time so I can't complain I am just disappointed in how poorly this place was run as it is not cheap and you would expect a bit of customer service.

And oh ya, go to the bathroom before you get there....disgusting porta potties is all they offer.

2 Thank Matthew F