“Great food and service”

Shine Cafe
Ranked #141 of 1,181 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Victoria, Canada
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Our family loves this restaurant. We live in the neighbourhood and go often. The food is consistently great, as is the service. Prices are very reasonable. Go early on weekends as it is a very popular spot.

• Visited September 2013

Victoria, BC
“What we've heard is true.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have always heard good things about Shine and as far as our experience goes, they are all true. Three of us ate, three of us were very happy with our meals and our plates went back almost clean. The service is fantastic. The ladies who work there are friendly, super quick and attentive and our wait, even though the place was packed, was moderate. The food...my gosh...it was beautiful and fresh. We each had a breakfast dish: a hash, and two types of eggs benny and we all had a bite of each other's food and loved it all. The potatoes were outstanding...usually hash browns aren't much more than roasted or fried potatoes but they used rosemary and who knows what else to make them almost a meal on their own. I personally had an eggs benny served on polenta with chorizo and roasted red pepper...SO good, with just enough chorizo to make a statement but not so much that it burned my face off. The star of the show was the crispy kale...wow! I didn't look on the menu if it was offered, but seriously, this should be available as a small side order. We will be back and we will be recommending Shine to others.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Moochiecat
Calgary, Canada
“Not as good as it appeared on TV.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went here because we saw it on "You Gotta Eat Here," and it wasn't as great as what I thought it'd be. We both had benny's - 1 with smoked salmon and the other with bacon (both with potatoes). It was nothing special. I especially didn't love the potatoes. I def wouldn't rush back here - I bet there are better breakfast places in Victoria, unfortunately this was our only morning to have breakfast in the city.

• Visited July 2013
Kamloops
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Went here in a group of 4 in a Sunday morning at about 8:15. It was already packed inside, so we sat outside which was fine as it was sunny and warm.

I was worried that sitting outside would mean we were forgotten, but the service was excellent and coffee refills were plentiful!

The food was delicious. I'm a vegetarian and there were tons of options for me, as well as my carnivore family members.

Advice: come early. By the time we left at 9:15 the lineup was very long. It's obviously popular.

• Visited July 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Always a great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

One of my favorite breakfast places in Victoria. I often bring guests who always have a great experience and come back again and again. Fresh, local ingredients made well...what's not to love.

Visited June 2013