“Spinnakers rocks”

Spinnakers Brewpub and Guesthouses
Ranked #9 of 91 Victoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The room and the gardens are beautiful. It was a very peaceful stay for my family and a great room for entertaining. You can't beat the location at all. Right by the water which made for beautiful morning walks. Such friendly staff and welcoming environment overall. We completely loved it!!

Room Tip: suite 6 is best for a family and suite 9 is best for a couple. Best kitchen in suite 9, but the kit...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We recently stayed at Spinnakers Heritage House in Room1. What a delightful and utterly charming accommodation. The room was spacious, the bed was very comfortable and the wood burning fireplace particularly welcome as the weather was still a little chilly. The jetted tub with the overhead shower was a treat. The service with breakfast brought in a basket was thoroughly enjoyable. The proximity to the restaurant with fabulous beers and delicious truffles was too tempting to resist and the menu in the restaurant was comprehensive and the food delicious. Best spot prawn appie ever! We will definitely return and have told friends and family of this all together lovely place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GregBelindaB
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I travel to Victoria frequently for work, and Spinnaker's is one of my favourite places to stay. The atmosphere in the guesthouse is comfortably Victorian. I often stay in the ground floor of the guest house, where rooms have fireplaces and wonderful, deep jetted tubs. The location is quiet, just outside of the downtown core, but right on a lovely walking path that follows the harbour. The brewpub and restaurant is two doors down and the food and locally crafted beers there are highly recommended. The last several times I've stayed there, a coupon for a complimentary beer and truffle pairing was in the room along with a free litre of bottled water. Comfortable bedding. Free wireless internet. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Spinnakers is an awesome value with unexpected charm. The $260 Dine in package was well worth the money with one of the best meals I've ever experienced; the additional two nights of our stay for just $99 a night was icing on the cake. The rustic charm of the antique furniture, bedroom fireplace and soaker tub made it the perfect honeymoon escape. The breakfast service of fresh muffins and scones were over the top. When people talk about location being everything Spinnakers has a lock on the market with seaside dining, walking access to the harbor and downtown and easy access to trails for hiking and biking.
When it comes to dining you'll be hard pressed to find an unexceptional meal on the menu whether you decide to eat in the downstairs restaurant or the "cozy" upstairs pub. Be warned however; the 3-course meal will fill you beyond full and the chocolate pudding has to be consumed in its entirety; even if you have to take it back to your room to finish. Decadent!!!
Thank you Judy, Rebecca and Kelsey (sp?) for being so helpful, attentive and informed; you make Spinnakers!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed this bed and breakfast. Room 2 in the guesthouse. I lounged around in my white cuddly complimentary housecoat, and had a bath with the jets. The fireplace was a nice touch. The elegance and attention to detail was soothing. Noise wasn't a concern. The breakfast in the morning came in a nice basket with everything I had ordered. I wish there had been some milk for the granola however. I enjoyed the complimentary beer & chocolate tasting at the restaurant. Wi-fi worked well and I aim to take my girlfriend for a runaway there real soon. I would and have recommended this spot to my friends already

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Nice place, a bit hot on the top floor even in March. Nice breakfast of home baked muffins and scones

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Spinnakers for our honeymoon this march for 2 nights.

We paid quite a high rate at approx $260 per night for our Dine In package which included a three course dinner, breakfast for the 2 nights stay, a cheese plate and a beer & truffle tasting.

The garden suite we stayed in was in need of an update. The carpets and furnishings were old, and bathroom needed to be completely remodelled (outdated soaker tub and plumbing which would change the water temperature back and forth from scalding hot to ice cold).

The cheese plate we received was a dissapointment as well as the three course meal. However the breakfasts of home made granola were decent and the craft beer was delicious. Also, the views and location are beautiful.

Another thing that upset me was the fact that no one acknowledged that we were on our honeymoon even though I told the staff upon booking.

I wouldn't stay at Spinnakers again unless these issues were addressed (i.e. pricing, updating, food quality). However, I recieved an email back from Claire Radosevic (front desk & marketing manager) saying that she was immediately looking into updating the suites and that she would pay for our next stay if we decided to come to Spinnakers again for a second try.

I will post a new review once we have had our second stay to let people know if the conditions improved.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple