“Great beer, great music”
Review of Swans Brewpub

Swans Brewpub
Ranked #4 of 26 Nightlife in Victoria
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience our warm and friendly Brewpub, alive with character, heritage architecture, stunning original artwork and First Nations' carvings. Enjoy the views from our unique sunny, glassed/open air patio, overflowing with our signature flowers in the spring and summer. Whether you are looking for a great place for weekend breakfast, lunch, dinner or drinks, you can't go wrong at Swans. We have something for everyone! We have live music every night and no cover charge.
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great beer, great music”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

A waitress at Joe Fortes restaurant in Vancouver recommended the Swan pub in Victoria and we weren’t disappointed. We only called in the Swan for a ‘quick’ drink and ended up staying for the whole evening. Old fashioned decor inside but certainly full of character. The beer was excellent and the live music was a real bonus. The Blue Cadillac blues band were performing that evening and they were fabulous – they played some great music with lots of interaction with the audience. Altogether a great night – must go back again.

Visited August 2013

st louis,mo
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“good beer and seafood chowder”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Visited Victoria at the end of a cruise. Enjoyed Swans. The beer was good and the chowder was very different but good. I ordered a bowl and wished I had ordered a cup. Very filling. It was very crowded the night we were there but service was good

Visited May 2013
Victoria, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Bland and Boring”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Haven't eaten at Swan's for a couple of years. Tonight I ordered the special chicken and chorizo sausage with mashed potatoes and vegetables. How can you go wrong with that? Well it wasn't a good choice. The small chicken breast was dry and tough! The 1/2 sausage link was also so dry and lacked any flavour. And the simplest thing on the plate? Mashed potatoes. Unbelievably dry. Like a mound of instant potato flakes...ugh! Drizzled on top was a thin line of dark something...definitely not enough to moisten the dry mound. Big chunks of carrot and broccoli totally without flavour. Why did I bother to go out for dinner tonight...well I had a great visit with my friend who was visiting from Nova Scotia. She ordered the coconut and ginger stir fry and she said it was very good. My plate shouldn't have left the kitchen.

Visited May 2013
Brisbane Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beer Lovers”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great spot.Like your beer, this is one of many places to look out for. Easy to find foods not the best.

Visited April 2012
Victoria, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Beer still great, food now dumbed down”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Still love the beer and will still show up for that but the food is now disappointing typical pub fare. Basically the same food any average pub has (buy from distributor and drop it in the deep fryer). Maybe that's what the average tourist wants? Canoe down the street now has better food options and great beer as well.

I miss the days of Cornish game hen, pistachio encrusted tuna steaks with wasabi mousse, oyster burgers, mussels steamed in beer etc. Interesting, creative west coast fare has been replaced with mediocrity, but maybe that's what sells.

Next time I pop in it will be for beers and at most an appie. I'd give the food a 3 and the beer a 5, so I settled on a 4 for rating (I can't bring myself to give it a 3 overall as it's better than average in so many ways).

Visited July 2012